UAA     UAF     UNH      UConn   CAN
             UM-Man  NDU     Mass     QPAC    NIA
             UNO     RMU     UVM
             BSU     Mercy   Maine
    Untouched conferences: WCHA, HEA, Ivy
    Added to conferences: CCHA
    Changed: AHA
    New: Empire

Rip it apart, but have something constructive to argue with. Don't say "It will never happen", because the status quo won't stand once the BTHC hits the ice running. Come up with something...
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: It's Realignment time, it's realignment time! Make it work

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Don't say "It will never happen", because the status quo won't stand once the BTHC hits the ice running. Come up with something...
    In the west, maybe. There's no over-riding reason for the Ivies to suddenly split off from the rest of the ECAC just because there's a Big 10 conference forming. Not sure why Quinnipiac would go back to Atlantic Hockey either.

It will never happen.
    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
      In the west, maybe. There's no over-riding reason for the Ivies to suddenly split off from the rest of the ECAC just because there's a Big 10 conference forming. Not sure why Quinnipiac would go back to Atlantic Hockey either.

It will never happen.
      12 team conferences leave no room for expansion. My plan leaves room for URI, Navy, and other BCS schools to join a conference. And, if it pains everyone so much, remember the WCHA - HEA interlock?? It could apply to the Ivy - Empire - AHA mix, if the conferences don't want to play 4x against each other.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post

It will never happen.
        Give UConn to Hockey East so they have every state school with Hockey (the lone without is Rhode Island). Give Northeastern to Atlantic Hockey (on the condition that Atlantic Hockey get rid of their dumb scholarship rule). NU can still play in the Beanpot. Dont worry about it.

The Ivy league would be horrendous. I wouldnt even give an auto bid to that conference. Also, that would leave you with 9 autobids and would lead to more dumb threads that would come up every year about how your team got screwed.

Not going to happen.
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Cut #1
          Bold = BCS school
          Code:
          BTHC     WCHA    CCHA    HEA      AHA     Empire  Ivy        Unassigned

UMn      UND     FSU     BC       SHU     CCT     Harvard    UAH
          UW       SCSU    WMU     BU       BNT     SLU     Dartmouth
          UMi      MTU     LSSU    NE       HC      UC      Yale
          MSU      tUMD    NMU     Prov     AIC     RPI     Princeton
          tOSU     DU      MIA     UML      Army    CLG     Cornell
          PSU      CC      BGSU    MMK      UFA     RIT     Brown
                   UAA     UAF     UNH      UConn   CAN
                   UM-Man  NDU     Mass     QPAC    NIA
                   UNO     RMU     UVM
                   BSU     Mercy   Maine
          Untouched conferences: WCHA, HEA, Ivy
          Added to conferences: CCHA
          Changed: AHA
          New: Empire

Rip it apart, but have something constructive to argue with. Don't say "It will never happen", because the status quo won't stand once the BTHC hits the ice running. Come up with something...
          I may have missed it, but where is Air Force? I know that Air Force and Army will stay in the same conference, and when Navy fires up they will play in the same conference. Also, we need to put UAH into a conference, where do they fit best? CCHA? I'm not sure.
          "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

The only way we see something weird happen in the east is if the Ivies split, but unless the ECAC non-ivies start getting hot (the future looks good for RPI and Union, though I'm not so sure about the other four), they aren't going to be breaking off anytime soon. I'd like it because of the whole schedule mismatch (34 games vs. 29), but it probably won't happen.

One thought from one of my friends was to bring in a couple of the smaller CCHA teams like Bowling Green or Ferris, but it would seem to me like that would create a bigger hassle in travel.

I like the idea of an Empire league created from the non-ivies, maybe also include Q-Pac and Army (if they were willing).

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
              I may have missed it, but where is Air Force? I know that Air Force and Army will stay in the same conference, and when Navy fires up they will play in the same conference. Also, we need to put UAH into a conference, where do they fit best? CCHA? I'm not sure.
              I think "UFA" is (somehow) Air Force.
              My take:
              WCHA: Same minus MN and WI. (10 teams)
              CCHA: Same minus MI, MSU, OSU and ND (8 teams)
              EZAC: Same (12 teams)
              HE: Same (10 teams)
              AHA: Same minus UConn plus UAH (12 teams), eventually splitting into a full/18 scholarship league (UAH, AFA, MH, RMU, RIT, Niagara) and a cost-containment league (Canisius, Army, SH, AIC, Bentley, Holy Cross). The full/18 scholarship league may eventually wind up merging with what's left of the CCHA is some of those schools fold.
              This, plus the BTHC (8 teams) would make seven leagues, possibly necessitating a "play-in game" between the CCHA, EZAC and the two AHA leagues for the tournament.
              Last edited by AFHockeyFan; 03-21-2011, 01:54 PM.
              2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
              2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
              Air Force Falcons
              2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
              2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
              2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
              2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
              2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
                CCHA: Same minus MI, MSU, OSU and ND (8 teams)
                So where does Notre Dame end up?
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                  And uconn?

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                    The Ivy league would be horrendous. I wouldnt even give an auto bid to that conference.
                    Fortunately, you wouldn't have a choice. It's a D1 league with 6 competing members; they'd get one regardless of any objections you or anyone else would have. If hockey ever grows, they'll eventually split off. But that's decades away at the earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Fortunately, you wouldn't have a choice. It's a D1 league with 6 competing members; they'd get one regardless of any objections you or anyone else would have. If hockey ever grows, they'll eventually split off. But that's decades away at the earliest.
                      Also, 2007 was the last time an Ivy League team was not admitted to the tournament. Before that, when? So long as they're getting in from the ECAC, they have no reason to change.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                        Give UConn to Hockey East so they have every state school with Hockey (the lone without is Rhode Island). Give Northeastern to Atlantic Hockey (on the condition that Atlantic Hockey get rid of their dumb scholarship rule). NU can still play in the Beanpot. Dont worry about it.

The Ivy league would be horrendous. I wouldnt even give an auto bid to that conference. Also, that would leave you with 9 autobids and would lead to more dumb threads that would come up every year about how your team got screwed.

Not going to happen.
                        You're joking right? Northeastern is one of the founding members of HE. In case you didn't watch this year they did beat BU in HE playoffs and pushed BC to the limit twice at the garden. If any team would get bounced from HE it would be PC, UML, or Merimack before Northeastern.

Comment

I HATE the idea of the BTHC. I love being in the CCHA and now the rivalry with ND is done for. There's only one B10 team that's any good right now and that's Michigan.
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                            You're joking right? Northeastern is one of the founding members of HE. In case you didn't watch this year they did beat BU in HE playoffs and pushed BC to the limit twice at the garden. If any team would get bounced from HE it would be PC, UML, or Merimack before Northeastern.
                            Isn't PC also one of the founding members?

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                              Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                              And uconn?
                              Big East Hockey, obviously
                              Notre Dame Hockey
                              Reigning Big Ten Champions
                              Reigning CCHA Champions
                              Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Working...