East Regional - 3/25 and 3/26 - UMD, Yale, Union and Air Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Regional - 3/25 and 3/26 - UMD, Yale, Union and Air Force

Yale is the overall number one, Union makes their first appearance, Air Force and UMD are back for the second time in three years. Discuss.
    How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Re: East Regional - 3/25 and 3/26 - UMD, Yale, Union and Air Force

I'm just trying to decide if this is the worst bracket of recent times or ever

Comment

I think Air Force will give Yale a game. Howver, unlike past year where the AHA rep has been overlooked, I don't think the Eli's will overlook the Falcons because Air Force defeated Yale earlier this year.

On the other hand, Air Force has confidence that they can beat Yale.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        This.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Why?
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Why?
            Eastern bias.
            tUMD

Comment

As a Bulldog fan I'm super pumped to be in this region looking at how we play teams from other conferences and Yale I don't believe is a very strong #1 seed but obviously not going to overlook anyone and like said before AHA is going to be a small sleeper here.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Wm2yK3MiM

Comment

Originally posted by beersong View Post
                Eastern bias.
                Well played.
                How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Comment

Anyone have a quick synopsis on Union? I missed their game against Bemidji in Minneapolis and I think the last time they played UMD was when both team were racing to see who could lose thirty the fastest.
                  Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 03-20-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                    Anyone have a quick synopsis on Union? I missed their game against Bemidji in Minneapolis and I think the list time they played UMD was when both team were racing to see who could lose thirty the fastest.
                    Defense and the power play have carried them all year long. Keith Kinkaid won the league's top goaltender award (though the other two finalists were just as worthy) and their defense has been one of the best in the ECAC - just ask Cornell & Yale, especially. UMD's best bet to win is to stay out of the box, as Union's PP is clicking at 31%.
                    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      I think Air Force will give Yale a game. Howver, unlike past year where the AHA rep has been overlooked, I don't think the Eli's will overlook the Falcons because Air Force defeated Yale earlier this year.

On the other hand, Air Force has confidence that they can beat Yale.
                      And AFA is a much, MUCH better team right now than they were when they played Yale. Air Force was 2-6 going into that Yale game and was struggling to find their game.
                      Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                      -dggoddard

Comment

Why?
                        2 EZACs, Atlantic Hockey Auto, 4th best WCHA

Comment

2 EZACs, Atlantic Hockey Auto, 4th best WCHA
                          We all stink so bad that I think this thread is beneath your standards, please move on to a more deserving regional.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                            Defense and the power play have carried them all year long. Keith Kinkaid won the league's top goaltender award (though the other two finalists were just as worthy) and their defense has been one of the best in the ECAC - just ask Cornell & Yale, especially. UMD's best bet to win is to stay out of the box, as Union's PP is clicking at 31%.
                            You have a good goaltender? you might be the only team in the region to have that

Is your PP inflated because of early games during the year?
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

You have a good goaltender? you might be the only team in the region to have that

I guess Yales Rondeau leading the country in GAA doesn't count for much? Just set the Yale team record for shut outs in a season, including three in the last three ECAC playoff games. Arguably the hottest tender entering the tourney. Kincaide is no slouch rated fourth in GAA.

We also have Yale leading the country in team offense AND defense, Union is second in team defense.

I think it will be a great regional.
                              Last edited by LTsatch; 03-20-2011, 09:53 PM.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X