East Regional - 3/25 and 3/26 - UMD, Yale, Union and Air Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: East Regional - 3/25 and 3/26 - UMD, Yale, Union and Air Force

are these hockey east refs again? that was embarrassing.
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

They played a replay in the arena...the worst call for a game misconduct that I've ever seen (and to yale's top scorer). Unreal.

Congrats to UMD. You played a good game, were better than us for the first period and a half, we then got a little momentum to cut it the 3-1 and then the refs decided to end the game. A shame. Good luck to UMD going to Frozen Four.
      -------------
      Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

*****http://i168.***********.com/albums/u194/illuminarch/violin.gif******
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          *****http://i168.***********.com/albums/u194/illuminarch/violin.gif******
          They keep showing replay here at arena just to mock the refs...wonder who controls the replay?

Dirty, we missed you in the east regional this year
          -------------

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            are these hockey east refs again? that was embarrassing.
            CCHA...welcome to my world. I think they feel obligated to call a penalty anytime a player goes to the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
              They keep showing replay here at arena just to mock the refs...wonder who controls the replay?

Dirty, we missed you in the east regional this year
              Judging by this thread, a bitter Yale fan?
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                Who was that 5th win from?

Are we 4-0-1 in out of conference?
                Whatever, this game with UMD andYale shows that Yale was overrated, over their heads, and didn't deserve that PWR. Now we see the real Yale.
                Bob is making me concerned
                I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Pat64 View Post
                  CCHA...welcome to my world. I think they feel obligated to call a penalty anytime a player goes to the ice.
                  ha. hitting too hard is a penalty in HE as well. thought that was a marginal 2 minute minor for charging.. but 5 for whatever he got seemed unnecessary. close game now though.
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    ha. hitting too hard is a penalty in HE as well. thought that was a marginal 2 minute minor for charging.. but 5 for whatever he got seemed unnecessary. close game now though.
                    3rd period refs trying to make it up as Yale with several obvious trips not called while calling against UMD for hitting puck with their stick. Refs should be embarrassed.
                    -------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
                      Refs give a DQ to Yale's O'Neil on what appears to be a clean hit.
                      In real time, making an immediate call, I would've given 2 (and I believe tUMD scored their 4th goal within that two minutes anyway), and I could understand the 5. HOWEVER, after seeing the replay, it was a bad call. Should have been 2 minutes.

Either way, the WCHA's 4th best team in the tourney pretty much outplayed Yale for the game, and the EZAC was exposed yet again.

WCHA 13
                      EZAC 3

Including two shutouts.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        In real time, making an immediate call, I would've given 2 (and I believe tUMD scored their 4th goal within that two minutes anyway), and I could understand the 5. HOWEVER, after seeing the replay, it was a bad call. Should have been 2 minutes.

Either way, the WCHA's 4th best team in the tourney pretty much outplayed Yale for the game, and the EZAC was exposed yet again.

WCHA 13
                        EZAC 3

Including two shutouts.
                        Yeah you're right, Yale has done nothing against the WCHA over the last two years. UMD played well. Play again tomorrow and Yale is the favorite- unfortunately that's not the way this works and Yale's season is over while UMD moves on to frozen 4.
                        -------------

Comment

St.Paul here we come to show how REAL Bulldogs play hockey KENNY REITER YES HE CAN!!!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Wm2yK3MiM

Comment

Not a bad weekend, UMD. Nice work and congrats on the F4!
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              Not a bad weekend, UMD. Nice work and congrats on the F4!
                              Thank you sir! Feels great! Must admit is still setting in.
                              Originally posted by UMDfan4 View Post
                              St.Paul here we come to show how REAL Bulldogs play hockey KENNY REITER YES HE CAN!!!!
                              KENNY REITER ... YES HE CAN!
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                KENNY REITER ... YES HE CAN!
                                After the Bemidji game.......who knew?
                                Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X