Northeast Regional: Miami, Merrimack, Notre Dame, UNH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeast Regional: Miami, Merrimack, Notre Dame, UNH

I think that the Cats have the rest of Div 1 teams right where we want 'em. We have come to play in the regionals the past two years as a lower seed, just could not handle having the upper seed against RIT in Albany for a trip to the FF.

Comment

Anyone know how to get the USA hockey Offer Code to save some $$ for tix?

Comment

Originally posted by pucknutz View Post
        Anyone know how to get the USA hockey Offer Code to save some $$ for tix?
        not sure if the UNH one still works, but try wildcats in the promo code to see if that works

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          The same Notre Dame team that beat BC earlier this year? If Merrimack is overlooking them as much as their fans that's just hilarious.
          I don't think Merrimack's coach, players or fans will overlook Notre Dame. The post that Merrimack can "take ND easily" I also think is wrong. I don't think there will be anything easy about it.

However, regarding BC... ND's 2-1 win over the Eagles on October 23 is about as relevant as Merrimack's 4-2 and 5-3 wins over BC in October and November: not very. The Eagles have improved quite a bit since then (although the Warriors have also, I'd argue) and have the recent experience of having seen BC's game in a very touch championship match.

I've no idea how Merrimack matches up against ND, and the transitive property doesn't apply to hockey anyway. If it did, though, Merrimack has also has wins against BC about as old as ND's, so there's not much to be made of it.

Should be a great game, looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
            Bummer that you have to travel so far to see your Eagles
            Do you know what a non sequitur is?
            I can see Verizon Wireless from my front yard.
            Last edited by billb; 03-20-2011, 08:48 PM.
            "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
            Larry David

Comment

Miami rolls.

Comment

Miami vs. Merrimack final.........Mack to the Frozen Four.

To you UNH fans, I hope you enjoy your 11 hour walk

Rockingham Recreational Trail
                33.1 mi
                2. 11 hours 8 mins
                Mast Rd and Rockingham Recreational Trail
                33.8 mi
                51 mins Or Drive/Taxi

Whittemore Center Arena
                128 Main Street
                Durham, NH 03824-2534
                1. Head southwest on Depot Rd toward Main St
                0.1 mi
                2. Sharp right at Main St
                0.7 mi
                3. Turn left at New Hampshire 155A/Mast Rd
                3.8 mi
                4. Mast Rd turns slightly left and becomes Lee Hill Rd
                0.6 mi
                5. Turn right to stay on Lee Hill Rd
                0.7 mi
                6. Turn left at NH-125 S/Calef Hwy
                299 ft
                7. Turn right at W Mill Pond Rd
                1.3 mi
                8. Continue onto McCrillis Rd
                2.0 mi
                9. Turn right at NH-152 W/Stage Rd
                0.1 mi
                10. Slight left at Hallway Rd
                0.3 mi
                11. Turn left at NH-156 S/Raymond Rd
                6.1 mi
                12. Turn right at NH-107 N/NH-27 W
                0.3 mi
                13. Turn left at Epping St
                0.7 mi
                14. Turn right to stay on Epping St
                394 ft
                15. Slight right at Main St
                66 ft
                16. Slight left at Old Manchester Rd
                0.6 mi
                17. Slight right at Rockingham Recreational Trail
                5.5 mi
                18. Turn left at Main St
                0.5 mi
                19. Turn left at NH-43 S/Old Candia Rd/Rte 27
                0.2 mi
                20. Slight right to stay on NH-43 S/Old Candia Rd/Rte 27
                2.2 mi
                21. Turn left at Depot Rd
                0.7 mi
                22. Slight right at Fire Rd 75/Rockingham Recreational Trail
                3.8 mi
                23. Slight right at Proctor Rd
                0.2 mi
                24. Turn left at Hanover St
                0.9 mi
                25. Turn left at Lake Ave
                1.7 mi
                26. Slight left to stay on Lake Ave
                108 ft
                27. Turn left at Elm St
                108 ft

Verizon Wireless Arena
                555 Elm Street
                Manchester, NH 03101

Comment

Anyone else "thrilled" about having the game on Sunday at 8PM? ***......I don't see a good reason for that one....sorry, TV or no TV, that's just stupid.....I guess the talk about drawing a good crowd went out the window here!

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
                    Do you know what a non sequitur is?
                    I can see Verizon Wireless from my front yard.
                    Yea but Bill, BC isn't playing at the Verizon. You and I both know that.

Comment

Originally posted by 'MackFan View Post
                      Miami vs. Merrimack final.........Mack to the Frozen Four
                      Darn it. Now I need to make other plans for Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                        Anyone else "thrilled" about having the game on Sunday at 8PM? ***......I don't see a good reason for that one....sorry, TV or no TV, that's just stupid.....I guess the talk about drawing a good crowd went out the window here!
                        Makes no sense. GB is the early game???? sure

Comment

This is going to be a classic CCHA vs. Hockey East war in the backyards of the Hockey East teams. While both UNH and Merrimack will have some "home ice cooking", we know that any of these teams can score at any time. Like most NCAA tournament games, the goaltending and PP's will decide this region's winner. Can either of the CCHA's teams score early and keep the crowd out of the game. Any one of these teams is more than capable of beating the other three on any given night. We'll just have to wait to find out.

One underrated key is the status of Chris Barton for Merrimack College, who was unavailable for the HE Championship Weekend in Boston. While I understand that Kreider was out of BC in the championship game as well to somewhat balance the odds, not having Barton in the lineup on Saturday really hurt the Warriors and why they simply ran out of gas in the championship game.

Merrimack doesn't have an organized pep band so I'm sure that's why they played their goal song over the PA at the Garden. They may do the same at the NCAA's.

In my view, the 8 PM start on Sunday won't have any impact on attendance unless UNH and Merrimack are bounced on Saturday.

UNH vs. anyone = sellout. Merrimack vs. CCHA = 2/3 to 3/4, CCHA < 1/2
                          Last edited by John_Fuller; 03-21-2011, 01:14 PM.
                          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                            This is going to be a classic CCHA vs. Hockey East war in the backyards of the Hockey East teams. While both UNH and Merrimack will have some "home ice cooking", we know that any of these teams can score at any time. Like most NCAA tournament games, the goaltending and PP's will decide this region's winner. Can either of the CCHA's teams score early and keep the crowd out of the game. Any one of these teams is more than capable of beating the other three on any given night. We'll just have to wait to find out.

One underrated key is the status of Chris Barton for Merrimack College, who was unavailable for the HE Championship Weekend in Boston. While I understand that Kreider was out of BC in the championship game as well to somewhat balance the odds, not having Barton in the lineup on Saturday really hurt the Warriors and why they simply ran out of gas in the championship game.

Merrimack doesn't have an organized pep band so I'm sure that's why they played their goal song over the PA at the Garden. They may do the same at the NCAA's.

In my view, the 8 PM start on Sunday won't have any impact on attendance unless UNH and Merrimack are bounced on Saturday.

UNH vs. anyone = sellout. Merrimack vs. CCHA = 2/3 to 3/4, CCHA < 1/2

When unh faced bu, was it two years ago in the north east finals, game wasn't sold out. Ticket is expensive, a detractor in my opinion. I'd like to see them less greedy and fill the place up

Comment

I should be there this weekend. Can someone please explain what college hockey is like, it's been a while?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                                Darn it. Now I need to make other plans for Saturday.
                                Go moose hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X