Green Bay regional: NoDak vs RPI, Western Mich vs Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Green Bay regional: NoDak vs RPI, Western Mich vs Denver

Soooo... there's this pretty cool game that I heard about. It's called Pick to Click. You have the opportunity to pick one player from each team participating in Green Bay this weekend that you think will contribute the most goals / assists / wins over the course of the weekend.

What you should do is head over to the PtC thread, check out the two skaters unavailable to be chosen for each team, take a gander at the scoring breakdown, and then submit your choices.

I'm interested to see who WMU / DU / NoDak fans choose and how they stack up with the "regulars." Best of luck to everyone!
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
      Anyone know which conference refs are doing the games.
      It will be the host conference. Not sure who that is.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Isn't Green Bay where the Sioux played a regional a few years back and the ice was about the worst ever? If I remember correctly, there was a major event that totally screwed up the ice the day before the regional.

Often folks say things like 'both teams play on the same ice', but if you have a finesse team verses grinders, obviously poor ice favors the grinders.
        Anthem singers should not be American idol wannabes. - Dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
          Ralph, we've kicked this memory around a few times here in the last ten years, but my initial exposure to RPI was the series UND hosted over Thanksgiving weekend in 1984. UND won the first game 7-6 on Chris Jensen's OT goal, which I recall as a diving effort to reach a rebound with an open net waiting. The second game RPI won convincingly (though I don't recall the details as well.) I think that was RPI's last loss of the season, making them one of the all-time great college teams.

I usually like to see them do well, but not Saturday.
          Yes, it was RPI's second and last loss of the season having lost to SLU a week earlier. RPI went 52 weeks between losses from that 11/23/84 game until 11/22/85 when they lost to Yale.

The RPI win was 8-2. It is the only time RPI has ever beaten UND with a lifetime record of 1-7.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by goalie heckler View Post
            Isn't Green Bay where the Sioux played a regional a few years back and the ice was about the worst ever? If I remember correctly, there was a major event that totally screwed up the ice the day before the regional.

Often folks say things like 'both teams play on the same ice', but if you have a finesse team verses grinders, obviously poor ice favors the grinders.
            North Dakota hasn't played in Green Bay for a Regional. I'm not sure if they have ever played in Green Bay...

UND at Regionals:
            2010 - Worcester (0-1)
            2009 - Manchester (0-1)
            2008 - Madison (2-0)
            2007 - Denver (2-0)
            2006 - Grand Forks (2-0)
            2005 - Worcester (2-0)
            2004 - Colorado Springs (1-1)
            2003 - Minneapolis (0-1)
            2001 - Worcester (1-0)
            2000 - Minneapolis (1-0)
            1999 - Madison (0-1)
            1998 - Ann Arbor (0-1)
            1997 - Grand Rapids (1-0)
            1990 - Boston (1-2)
            1987 - Grand Forks (2-0)
            1984 - Troy, NY (2-0)
            1982 - Grand Forks (2-0)

All-time, North Dakota is 19-8 at Regionals, advancing to the Frozen Four 10 out of 17 times.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              North Dakota hasn't played in Green Bay for a Regional. I'm not sure if they have ever played in Green Bay...

UND at Regionals:
              2010 - Worcester (0-1)
              2009 - Manchester (0-1)
              2008 - Madison (2-0)
              2007 - Denver (2-0)
              2006 - Grand Forks (2-0)
              2005 - Worcester (2-0)
              2004 - Colorado Springs (1-1)
              2003 - Minneapolis (0-1)
              2001 - Worcester (1-0)
              2000 - Minneapolis (1-0)
              1999 - Madison (0-1)
              1998 - Ann Arbor (0-1)
              1997 - Grand Rapids (1-0)
              1990 - Boston (1-2)
              1987 - Grand Forks (2-0)
              1984 - Troy, NY (2-0)
              1982 - Grand Forks (2-0)

All-time, North Dakota is 19-8 at Regionals, advancing to the Frozen Four 10 out of 17 times.
              And losing to BC a crapload.

Sorry, instinct there. Natural reaction to d-bag Sioux fans, which you are not one of them. Move along.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Sorry, instinct there. Natural reaction to d-bag Sioux fans, which you are not one of them. Move along.
                You take the good...You take the bad...You take them both and there you have, the Facts of Life.

FWIW, We are above .500 against BC all-time, just 3-6 in the NCAA Tourney (2-4 in the time frame above in the NCAAs)
                North Dakota

Comment

You take the good...You take the bad...You take them both and there you have, the Facts of Life.

FWIW, We are above .500 against BC all-time, just 3-6 in the NCAA Tourney (2-4 in the time frame above in the NCAAs)
                  And FWIW, I hope to not see a drubbing as I saw in Denver in '08. I left early, since there is only so much one can take, even in hatred.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

And FWIW, I hope to not see a drubbing as I saw in Denver in '08. I left early, since there is only so much one can take, even in hatred.
                    It was rough. I blame it on having to sit next to some a-hole Gopher fan on the light rail on the way to the game.
                    North Dakota

Comment

It was rough. I blame it on having to sit next to some a-hole Gopher fan on the light rail on the way to the game.
                      I don't remember him, but I remember some jerkwad talking about some hockey-nerd board that people post on, talking about the sport, and acting like he was some big deal. There's some weirdos out there, I tell ya.

Comment

I don't remember him, but I remember some jerkwad talking about some hockey-nerd board that people post on, talking about the sport, and acting like he was some big deal. There's some weirdos out there, I tell ya.
                        That was, by far, the weirdest occurrance of meeting a fellow poster that I have ever had.
                        North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

1 win out of 1 meeting in 17 regionals is "losing to BC a crapload"?

Sorry, natural reaction to a moronic post.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            That was, by far, the weirdest occurrance of meeting a fellow poster that I have ever had.
                            Try getting into a cab in Grand Forks and having the cabbie ask if you're "MNS"
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                              It will be the host conference. Not sure who that is.
                              Certainly not true. For instance, UNH/Cornell in Albany last year had Marco Hunt and Derek Shepard as the referees.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

RPI game notes http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...Notes_NCAA.pdf. I think that this is the longest game notes that RPI has ever produced.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X