X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Green Bay regional: NoDak vs RPI, Western Mich vs Denver

Originally posted by CLS View Post
    Check out post 31, this thread!

Of course most of those were in one string, the "Countdown to DC" thread.
    Most are on Assocation threads and RPI game threads.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Most are on Assocation threads and RPI game threads.
      I can't believe someone actually brought up post-counts in a non-debate!
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Thanks.

RPI is hoping the Sioux will overlook them somewhat (just after 11 minutes into video).

Three weeks between games seems like maybe too much rest for RPI.
        Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 03-21-2011, 02:08 AM.
        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
          Thanks.

RPI is hoping the Sioux will overlook them somewhat (just after 11 minutes into video).

I think they are going to be pumped to play and will definitely be ready to play against UND. The Sioux will be just as ready.

Comment

Thanks.

Why shouldn't RPI hope that UND will overlook them? I don't think that it will happen, but it wouldn't hurt our chances.

Part of the reason that RPI had a poor last ten games is that there were a lot of injuries and illnesses. I suspect that the three weeks will help in that regard, unless there is another bug going around or more injuries were suffered in practice. We have had several of those this season. It's too bad that that RPI couldn't legally have scheduled a scrimmage vs. that team 10 miles down Route 7. (At least I think that the NCAA wouldn't have allowed it.)

I should mention, since it probably wasn't clear from the video, that Greg Burgdoerfer, one of the players who was interviewed, is a transfer from the AFA who played in the tourney two years ago.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-21-2011, 07:06 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Everyone else seems to be, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. Given the amount of respect UND fans in general were giving the ECAC as a whole earlier this season, I'd say there's every reason to suspect that claims of "not overlooking" could well be nothing more than lip service, but we'll see.

No such thing as too much rest. Recent tournaments have proven this.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The Sioux are not going to overlook RPI, the Engineers are in the way of UND's only goal of the season.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  The Sioux are not going to overlook RPI, the Engineers are in the way of UND's only goal of the season.
                  We'll find out if this is real on Saturday. No use debating it, since none of us are on the team.

Comment

With the attitude the Sioux players have right now, it's not going to happen. They didn't touch the MacNaughton, didn't touch the Broadmoor and didn't put on the Broadmoor Champions hats. I'm sure plenty of fans will just assume UND will roll over RPI though with MMFF scoring four goals.
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

With the attitude the Sioux players have right now, it's not going to happen. They didn't touch the MacNaughton, didn't touch the Broadmoor and didn't put on the Broadmoor Champions hats.
                      QED.

I seem to recall Minnesota doing much the same thing rolling into Grand Forks to breeze past Holy Cross.

As an aside, I'm not a fan of the "don't touch it" nonsense. Success is guaranteed to no one in the future. Celebrate it when you encounter it at any level. I'm sure the national championship won't be offended if you take time to be pleased with a regular season or conference tournament championship.

Comment

There is also the fact of what happened last year when UND did overlook Yale. But choose to believe that because so many UND fans say the ECAC sucks that it has anything to do with how the UND players feel.
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

There is also the fact of what happened last year when UND did overlook Yale. But choose to believe that because so many UND fans say the ECAC sucks that it has anything to do with how the UND players feel.
                          I just believe our biggest concerns are the assuming of the outcome of this game. From both sides (you won't see those concerns from the RPI side on here, but some of my friends have voiced their opinion to me). The way many of us RPI fans on this board feel (at least from what I gather), as well as I'm sure the team, is that RPI has a chance to play a regional game, and during those 60 minutes, anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            QED.

I seem to recall Minnesota doing much the same thing rolling into Grand Forks to breeze past Holy Cross.

As an aside, I'm not a fan of the "don't touch it" nonsense. Success is guaranteed to no one in the future. Celebrate it when you encounter it at any level. I'm sure the national championship won't be offended if you take time to be pleased with a regular season or conference tournament championship.
                            I also think "don't touch it" is a silly superstition. So it is ok to skate around like giddy school girls and gather around the trophy for photos with beaming smiles, but touching the trophy is a jinx? ok.

Comment

I should mention, since it probably wasn't clear from the video, that Greg Burgdoerfer, one of the players who was interviewed, is a transfer from the AFA who played in the tourney two years ago.
                              He was on the team, but I don't think he dressed for either of their 2 tournament games.

Comment

North Dakota rolls.

Comment

Working...
                                X