Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Green Bay regional: NoDak vs RPI, Western Mich vs Denver

Originally posted by aktick View Post
    Was RPI at a regional in Madison back in the mid-90s? Thought I saw them back then.
    Lost to Minnesota in 1995 in Madison. That was the last time that the 'Tute was in the tourney.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It is going to be a good game between UND and RPI. Is it Saturday yet?

Comment

IF UND and DU move on, I agree on the crapton of penalties being called. Many fans were surprised at the lack of penalties in the WCHA title game, despite the physical game that went on.

I'm cheering for RPI out of this region, because who doesn't like a good underdog story?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          IF UND and DU move on, I agree on the crapton of penalties being called. Many fans were surprised at the lack of penalties in the WCHA title game, despite the physical game that went on.

I'm cheering for RPI out of this region, because who doesn't like a good underdog story?
          The refs in the championship game showed how horrible they are! Why do they have to make the outcome of the game instead of the players!
          Where I am going with this is why do they let 3-4 calls that should be called go trips, hooks, slashes ect go, and then come the 2-3 calls that are not penalties get called? I don't care if they call a tight game or let everything go but just be consistent !! And let the players decide the outcome!!
          Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
            The refs in the championship game showed how horrible they are! Why do they have to make the outcome of the game instead of the players!
            Where I am going with this is why do they let 3-4 calls that should be called go trips, hooks, slashes ect go, and then come the 2-3 calls that are not penalties get called? I don't care if they call a tight game or let everything go but just be consistent !! And let the players decide the outcome!!
            Did you even watch the game? I don't recall anything that stood out, EXCEPT DU getting away with a trip late in the game. Given the teams playing, that's pretty good.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              The fact that this is "hosted" by Tech is almost an insult.

Looks like RPI will have to do the job in our stead. Good luck, we're all counting on you.
              I think at least 3 of the 5 times the NCAA's were in Grand Rapids, the Broncos were "hosts" Wonder if we'll start bidding again now that there's more than a snowball's chance in hell we might make it.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Holy smokes, have you really posted 79,592 times?? That has to be one of the highest post count on these boards!!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                  Holy smokes, have you really posted 79,592 times?? That has to be one of the highest post count on these boards!!
                  Ralph Baer has him beat by a good 50,000 I'd bet!!!
                  Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                  www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                    Ralph Baer has him beat by a good 50,000 I'd bet!!!
                    Check out post 31, this thread!

Of course most of those were in one string, the "Countdown to DC" thread.

Comment

Did you even watch the game? I don't recall anything that stood out, EXCEPT DU getting away with a trip late in the game. Given the teams playing, that's pretty good.
                      UND and Denver got away with a few 5-minute contact to the head calls throughout the game and Denver got away with six skaters on the ice in (I think) the first OT.
                      How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                        UND and Denver got away with a few 5-minute contact to the head calls throughout the game and Denver got away with six skaters on the ice in (I think) the first OT.
                        If you mean both teams got their forearms up a little, then I agree. It was something to keep an eye on, but I didn't see anything really worth a penalty that wasn't called. Many Sioux fans around me agreed (there were maybe 10 non-Sioux fans in my section).

Comment

Easy games are over. Every team will be playing like they're season depends on it and should not be taken lightly.

Go Sioux!!
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Easy games are over. Every team will be playing like their season depends on it and should not be taken lightly.

Go Sioux!!

Well, because it kinda does.

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                              RPI would be happy to help you avoid that matchup and its nice to not be overlooked so thanks for the mention
                              Just wanted to say it's Denver fans overlooking 'Tute, and not Sioux fans!
                              Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                                Just wanted to say it's Denver fans overlooking 'Tute, and not Sioux fans!
                                That doesn't make any sense.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X