Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Green Bay regional: NoDak vs RPI, Western Mich vs Denver

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Too bad the Pep Band couldn't incorporate The Ride of the Valkyries into their repertoire in time for Saturday's game.
    We have Ride of the Valkyries as a cheer... Does NoDak have a pep band?
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      We have Ride of the Valkyries as a cheer... Does NoDak have a pep band?
      Yes. I don't know if they will be at the games this weekend though. It seems like they will go to either the Regionals or the Frozen Four, but not both. My guess is that they won't be there this weekend, hoping that they make the Frozen Four.

EDIT: If you would like to listen to them...

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/schoolsongs.htm
      Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Yes. I don't know if they will be at the games this weekend though. It seems like they will go to either the Regionals or the Frozen Four, but not both. My guess is that they won't be there this weekend, hoping that they make the Frozen Four.

EDIT: If you would like to listen to them...

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/schoolsongs.htm
        Fight Song
        ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
        ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

The Alma Mater is probably from a concert, not a hockey game.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-24-2011, 10:28 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Fight Song
          ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
          ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
          For those that like to sing along...

Hail, dear old Rensselaer,
          The college of our hearts!
          For dear old Rensselaer,
          Each man must do his part! (FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!)
          True sons of Rensselaer,
          we all must strive to be!
          Now, dear old Rensselaer,
          Hail to thee!

Hear the rat-tat-tat of drums that beat,
          Hear the tramp tramp tramp of marching feet,
          Hear the voices raising loud and sweet!
          Hear our mighty call of:

For dear old Rensselaer,
          True sons of Rensselaer,
          Hail to thee!
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
            Sorry NoDak.. can't resist
            *****http://www.jcbgunsmith.com/coin%20pics/win2.gif******
            Is that Seth Appert or Gordon Bombay? Granted, I was watching The Mighty Ducks last night, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              For those that like to sing along...

For dear old Rensselaer,
              True sons of Rensselaer,
              Hail to thee!

Hear the rat-tat-tat of drums that beat,
              Hear the tramp tramp tramp of marching feet,
              Hear the voices raising loud and sweet!
              Hear our mighty call of:

For dear old Rensselaer,
              True sons of Rensselaer,
              Hail to thee!
              Thanks for posting the words that I am familiar with, as opposed to the current PC version which doesn't talk about "man" and "sons".
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks for posting the words that I am familiar with, as opposed to the current PC version which doesn't talk about "man" and "sons".
                I am really tired of this PC junk. It all started in 1985 when they claimed Servinis was a step off side.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I know what you mean. They switched "Stand up and Cheer" (North Dakota's Fight Song) from...

Stand up and cheer; stand up and cheer for North Dakota!
                  Pledge your loyalty for she's your Alma Mater true!
                  Rah! Rah! Rah!
                  Our boys are fighting, and we are here to see them through!
                  We've got the team. Rah! Rah!
                  We've got the steam. Uffda!
                  So North Dakota here's to you!

To:

Stand up and cheer; stand up and cheer for North Dakota!
                  Pledge your loyalty for she's your Alma Mater true!
                  Rah! Rah! Rah!
                  Our teams are fighting, and we are here to see them through!
                  We've got the team. Rah! Rah!
                  We've got the steam. Rah! Rah!
                  So North Dakota here's to you!

I still sing it the proper way.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    I am really tired of this PC junk. It all started in 1985 when they claimed Servinis was a step off side.
                    At about 8 minutes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Y_oM2gjQE. (The whole game is out there in 10-minute segments. Sadly not the UMD game.)
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-24-2011, 11:04 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      If it wasn't for Yale's win last year, I'd be tempted to take RPI. I like them for many of the same reasons I liked Yale last year - including the layoff - but I think UND definitely got blindsided by the Bulldogs last year and with the talent this year's team has (including, notably, the presence of Chay Genoway), I don't think they're going to go with anything but full acceleration. That might hurt them down the road but I think it'll probably be enough to at least get them past the Engineers. My biggest fear as an RPI backer is that this game is going to get away from them (that is, it won't be close) but they have the ability to hang around and that can make them dangerous as the game wears on. I do expect RPI to get their first goal since their NC-clinching goal from George Servinis in 1985 but if I have to go with one or the other on a purely professional basis I have to take the Sioux. Though I do hope I'm wrong.
                      If UND loses to RPI, which they certainly could, it won't be because they looked past the Engineers to DU, WMU or the Frozen Four. It will more likely be because the UND players are too focused, or want it too much, get frustrated at missed opportunities, try to do too much individually and let the game get away from them. Early outstanding goaltending by RPI, and capitalizing on a scoring opportunity or two, and I could easily see an upset occur.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        If UND loses to RPI, ... It will more likely be because the UND players are too focused, or want it too much, get frustrated at missed opportunities, try to do too much individually and let the game get away from them. Early outstanding goaltending by RPI, and capitalizing on a scoring opportunity or two, and I could easily see an upset occur.

ssh.... that's supposed to be our secret weapon!

people probably thought I was being facetious when I said that RPI's plan was to let opponents exhaust themselves with a lot of shots that don't go in and then score on the counter-attack, but that has been their pattern all year (generally they seem to be outshot by a non-trivial margin in most games, at least ones that I paid attention to....if I weren't so lazy I suppose I could actually look up statistics to see if my impression is accurate).

There is more than one kind of shot on goal; it appears that RPI may have a deliberate strategy of funneling teams into taking certain kinds of shots by preventing only a limited range of shots rather than trying to prevent all shots. Coach Appert in a revealing interview seemed to allude to such a strategy, though he was obfuscating the details as any good coach would.

A good example of frustrating a team as you describe occured in the BU game in which they took several game misconducts in the last minute. It was a total melt-down by them.
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

MASN will broadcast a game between Rensselear and North Dakota http://www.masnsports.com/shows_and_...h-26-2011.html
                          Thank God this part of Pennsylvania is Orioles country.

I'll forgive them for the spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            If UND loses to RPI, which they certainly could, it won't be because they looked past the Engineers to DU, WMU or the Frozen Four. It will more likely be because the UND players are too focused, or want it too much, get frustrated at missed opportunities, try to do too much individually and let the game get away from them. Early outstanding goaltending by RPI, and capitalizing on a scoring opportunity or two, and I could easily see an upset occur.
                            More incentive for the Sioux win Saturday.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...group/homepage

If UND wins on Saturday, Ralph Engelstad Arena will hold a free viewing party for Sunday's game that starts at 4:30 p.m.

Parking and admission to the arena would be free. The doors would open at 4 p.m., UND merchandise would be 15 percent off at the arena's Sioux Shop from 4-7 p.m. and draft beer and hot dogs would also be on sale for $3 each.

Team is not looking past RPI right! Hope they have enough beer and hotdogs for a hungry crowd.
                            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                              If you have DirecTV, the WMU-DU game is being televised on Altitude 2 - channel 682 (comcast channel 105 as well).
                              I really hope you're right, but this is still not showing up on my DirecTV guide. Where are you seeing the listing? I do now find the ND/RPI game on 640, which is great.
                              "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
                                I really hope you're right, but this is still not showing up on my DirecTV guide. Where are you seeing the listing? I do now find the ND/RPI game on 640, which is great.
                                I didn't see the game on 640. DirecTV, right?
                                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X