Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Green Bay regional: NoDak vs RPI, Western Mich vs Denver

Originally posted by Carter View Post
    Sorry if it was mentioned before, but am I right that only the final game from the Green Bay Regional is gonna be televised? That's what it looks like on the DirecTV schedule, and it sucks.
    I can't find anything on my schedule (Comcast/Tivo) at all for any of the regionals. Someone please tell me that something will be televised! Where is the BTN when you need it?

Edit: Nevermind. ~#@$!$%@*& ESPN-U. I guess i will be looking for a streaming site on the Interweb.
    Last edited by gopheritall; 03-23-2011, 10:20 PM.
    Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
    Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
      I can't find anything on my schedule (Comcast/Tivo) at all for any of the regionals. Someone please tell me that something will be televised! Where is the BTN when you need it?

Edit: Nevermind. ~#@$!$%@*& ESPN-U. I guess i will be looking for a streaming site on the Interweb.
      Here's a little workaround that was posted on the RPI thread:
      Originally posted by SIOUXperfan! View Post
      For any of you that aren't in an area to watch saturday's game on tv, or would also like to watch all the other tournement games and espn3.com is not available in your area, there is a simple way around it. All you need to do is go to http://www.att.net/s/s.dll?spage=hos...b&source=login . Sign up(free) for an at&t.net email account. Then when you go to espn3 it will ask you to give your internet service provider. Select AT&T and enter your email(the one you just signed up for) username and password, and presto! Full access to all that espn3.com has to offer.
      Yes, it's still a streaming site. But, at least it's legitimate.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post

Aw, you're stuck with Comcast too? Yeah, lame.

We're going to Joe Senser's to watch the UND/RPI game on Saturday. That game is being shown on both direct tv and dish network. Otherwise I think all regionals are on ESPNU. Can we start a petition to get regional games off of ESPNU? It really sucks to have to go to a bar to watch anything legitimate these days...

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
          Aw, you're stuck with Comcast too? Yeah, lame.

We're going to Joe Senser's to watch the UND/RPI game on Saturday. That game is being shown on both direct tv and dish network. Otherwise I think all regionals are on ESPNU. Can we start a petition to get regional games off of ESPNU? It really sucks to have to go to a bar to watch anything legitimate these days...
          If you go to Senser's, go to the Roseville or Bloomington ones. They are Sioux bars. The Plymouth one blows goats, and that's the most polite thing x10 I can say about them and hockey.

Thankfully, I have ESPNU, so I don't have to go anywhere.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If you have DirecTV, the WMU-DU game is being televised on Altitude 2 - channel 682 (comcast channel 105 as well).
            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
            sigpic
            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
              If you have DirecTV, the WMU-DU game is being televised on Altitude 2 - channel 682 (comcast channel 105 as well).
              MASN will broadcast a game between Rensselear and North Dakota http://www.masnsports.com/shows_and_...h-26-2011.html
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                Thank you God!!!!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  If it wasn't for Yale's win last year, I'd be tempted to take RPI. ... but I think UND definitely got blindsided by the Bulldogs last year and with the talent this year's team has (including, notably, the presence of Chay Genoway), I don't think they're going to go with anything but full acceleration. ... I think it'll probably be enough to at least get them past the Engineers. My biggest fear as an RPI backer is that this game is going to get away from them (that is, it won't be close) ... on a purely professional basis I have to take the Sioux. Though I do hope I'm wrong.
                  yeah, unfortunately that summarizes how I feel as well....sort of like my misgivings going into Super Bowl 41, with Wrecks Grossman as QB vs Peyton Manning...though at least there is no one on RPI quite as unpredictable as Wrecks was that year...great defense vs great offense, and not-quite as good offense against a better than average defense...

oh well at least it will be great for the team's experience and recruiting, and having the Pep Band there should provide a lift! Too bad the Pep Band couldn't incorporate The Ride of the Valkyries into their repertoire in time for Saturday's game.

Hmm...that would be interesting, to have a Pep Band competition in conjunction with the hockey games! We'd make it to the Final Four that way for sure!
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

no word on any of the injured Sioux...Hak is keeping a tight lid
                    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      Hmm...that would be interesting, to have a Pep Band competition in conjunction with the hockey games! We'd make it to the Final Four that way for sure!
                      There would be a huge flamefest between MTU and RPI on that one!
                      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        MASN will broadcast a game between Rensselear and North Dakota http://www.masnsports.com/shows_and_...h-26-2011.html
                        Wow, what tremendous news for you and I, Ralph!! Not only can we now watch, but we get to choose between watching at home and at a bar. Feeling very fortiutious right now.

Comment

Sorry NoDak.. can't resist
                          *****http://www.jcbgunsmith.com/coin%20pics/win2.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
                            Sorry NoDak.. can't resist
                            *****http://www.jcbgunsmith.com/coin%20pics/win2.gif******
                            You sir are awesome at Photoshop.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                              Wow, what tremendous news for you and I, Ralph!! Not only can we now watch, but we get to choose between watching at home and at a bar. Feeling very fortiutious right now.
                              Yep. It seems odd that they picked up. Maybe they thought it was North Carolina.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Yep. It seems odd that they picked up. Maybe they thought it was North Carolina.
                                FWIW, MASN picked up some games last year and perhaps even the year before. Maybe they have a college hockey fan in high places?
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X