Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Green Bay regional: NoDak vs RPI, Western Mich vs Denver

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    RPI game notes http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...Notes_NCAA.pdf. I think that this is the longest game notes that RPI has ever produced.
    thanks for posting that Ralph

Still trying to figure out if the Sioux have a chance against this team...
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
      thanks for posting that Ralph

Well, we do owe you an upset from 1984.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Certainly not true. For instance, UNH/Cornell in Albany last year had Marco Hunt and Derek Shepard as the referees.
        As I said earlier, there will almost certainly be a crew from Hockey East here, and none from the WCHA (yay! ). Wouldn't be surprised if a CCHA crew (they always seem to send Shegos to games in WI) do the UND/RPI game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Try getting into a cab in Grand Forks and having the cabbie ask if you're "MNS"
            That cabbie was probably a loser with no life.
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

I'd really like to see an analysis of this matchup and a prediction from Red Cloud, or a brief who wins and why. As I recall, you did call the Yale win over UND last year. You cover RPI and I'm assuming you still know the Sioux pretty well.
              Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
              INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

For storylines, it would be fun to see RPI vs Denver; apprentice vs master.

As a biased fan, the very best of all possible storylines for me would be to have Chase break the NCAA record for game-winning goals in a season!

(assuming they count these games as part of the season, that is...)
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Because Barry Melrose predicted it, I am predicting RPI vs. WMU.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    For storylines, it would be fun to see RPI vs Denver; apprentice vs master.
                    Yes. And then a match-up with Miami for the National Championship.
                    Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    As a biased fan, the very best of all possible storylines for me would be to have Chase break the NCAA record for game-winning goals in a season!

(assuming they count these games as part of the season, that is...)
                    I'm pretty sure that they do.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                      I'd really like to see an analysis of this matchup and a prediction from Red Cloud, or a brief who wins and why. As I recall, you did call the Yale win over UND last year. You cover RPI and I'm assuming you still know the Sioux pretty well.
                      This is our resident hockey blog's take on North Dakota, at least as an opponent of RPI: http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/03/...th-dakota.html

Comment

USCHO writeup on Midwest region http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/23/midw...-in-green-bay/
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                          If it wasn't for Yale's win last year, I'd be tempted to take RPI. I like them for many of the same reasons I liked Yale last year - including the layoff - but I think UND definitely got blindsided by the Bulldogs last year and with the talent this year's team has (including, notably, the presence of Chay Genoway), I don't think they're going to go with anything but full acceleration. That might hurt them down the road but I think it'll probably be enough to at least get them past the Engineers. My biggest fear as an RPI backer is that this game is going to get away from them (that is, it won't be close) but they have the ability to hang around and that can make them dangerous as the game wears on. I do expect RPI to get their first goal since their NC-clinching goal from George Servinis in 1985 but if I have to go with one or the other on a purely professional basis I have to take the Sioux. Though I do hope I'm wrong.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            That was, by far, the weirdest occurrance of meeting a fellow poster that I have ever had.
                            Yes it was. I loved how Bakunin, con, and I looked at each other for a second, wondering if we should own up to who we were or not.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                              That cabbie was probably a loser with no life.
                              Oh, no doubt about that one.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Sorry if it was mentioned before, but am I right that only the final game from the Green Bay Regional is gonna be televised? That's what it looks like on the DirecTV schedule, and it sucks.
                                "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Working...
                                X