Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

Discuss here.....

The "Region of Death" this year? I think so.
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Re: NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

I think CC has a shot out of this one if they can make it past BC.
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
      I think CC has a shot out of this one if they can make it past BC.
      Now that is some IMPECCABLE logic! So you are saying if CC wins their first round game they have a chance to win their second round game? Wow, impressive stuff.
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

The only complaint I have is that I can't go to St. Louis to watch the game. BC can't complain or won't complain about it. They should be able to win this game with their depth of 4 lines and experience.

I think UNO and UM are even game. Michigan has some injury problems though they've been playing well in the 2nd half. I guess I'll take UNO with Dean Blais behind the bench.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
          Now that is some IMPECCABLE logic! So you are saying if CC wins their first round game they have a chance to win their second round game? Wow, impressive stuff.

I'm saying I like our odds against UNO or Michigan. So you can SUCK IT!!!
          Originally posted by vizoroo
          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
          Originally posted by dggoddard
          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
            The only complaint I have is that I can't go to St. Louis to watch the game. BC can't complain or won't complain about it. They should be able to win this game with their depth of 4 lines and experience.

I think UNO and UM are even game. Michigan has some injury problems though they've been playing well in the 2nd half. I guess I'll take UNO with Dean Blais behind the bench.
            Uh, the coach on the other bench isn't exactly chopped liver. Thanks for the props, anyway, though.

That said, UNO has won 3 out of the last 4 against the Weasels under Blais. A sweep here last season and a split up there this season. Have heard that UM is banged up right now as well. St Louis, here I come.

Comment

As a CC fan, I didn't even expect us to get here this year with such a young team. BC provides a great challenge for us. They certainly have a championship team with a lot more experience in the tournament then we do. However, you never know in these one and done games. Maybe we can shock the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                Uh, the coach on the other bench isn't exactly chopped liver. Thanks for the props, anyway, though.

That said, UNO has won 3 out of the last 4 against the Weasels under Blais. A sweep here last season and a split up there this season. Have heard that UM is banged up right now as well. St Louis, here I come.
                I have a high regard for Red Berensen but UM over the years have lost a lot of players to the pros since winning in 98' against BC. Somehow ND beat UM in 2008 to avert that BC/UM matchup. Bad time to have injuries, UM needs all their players healthy to get by this regional. BC's only injury is Kreider (broken jaw) but he is returning to practice this week amazingly.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Chances are pretty good at this time that I'll be making the trip from Colorado Springs to St. Louis. I would like to think my presence (and loud mouth) will increase the odds of CC winning. I got to have belief in something right? I wonder if the BC fans feel this is a David vs Goliath game Friday night?

Do other CC fans feel this is a David vs Goliath game? Or maybe the CC fans are sandbagging? I sure was hoping CC would have played in Bridgeport or Manchester. But St. Louis will have to do.
                  World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Ah, Michigan. If North Dakota is BC's "bad penny" that just keeps turning up, you are our Nickel. Well, Miami probably gets that title, but you're the dime. (my analogy is reaching its breaking point...)
                    Anywho, would love to get some info on the teams; I have followed BC, Hockey East, and ECAC (sorta) this season, but know very little about [W/C]CHA, so some nutshell synopses of the teams (strengths, weaknesses, fun facts) would be appreciated.
                    BC Fun Fact:
                    For those counting, BC has 3 different sets of brothers currently on the team (Cam/ Tommy Atkinson, Jimmy/ Kevin Hayes, Joe/ Steve Whitney).

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                      I wonder if the BC fans feel this is a David vs Goliath game Friday night?
                      I have been following BC hockey for 30 years. Why would we see this as David vs. Goliath? CC was .500 in a very tough conference, has quality wins over Denver, NoDak, and UNO, and showed great resilience in coming back against Wisco in the WCHA playoffs. Also, you just went toe-to-toe with the Sioux in St. Paul. Looking forward to a great match. Enjoy your time in St. Louis.

Comment

In my opinion, both UNO and CC are the types of teams you don't want to play in a "one and done" tournament. I don't believe either have the consistency to make a four game run. However, both can look like world beaters on any given night.

UNO is pretty much a carbon copy of Dean Blais' UND teams. Big defensemen, small but quick forwards, very much an up and down the rink style of team. They don't really have any one or two dynamic players, but just seem to come at you in steady waves with the same types of players. Faulkner, their goalie, will either shut you out or give up 5.

I actually like CC's chances better in a one game match up. Schwartz, Schwartz and Schultz are dynamite. Terrific on the power play. #10 (Guentzel) on defense will play 59 minutes, probably to their detriment. Howe, in goal, is also the type who can steal a game for you.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Go UNO and CC!

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                            Chances are pretty good at this time that I'll be making the trip from Colorado Springs to St. Louis. I would like to think my presence (and loud mouth) will increase the odds of CC winning. I got to have belief in something right? I wonder if the BC fans feel this is a David vs Goliath game Friday night?

D
                            hey, i am hoarse right now and will be for a couple of days so my loud mouth helped my team last night against Merrimack so i think you are right, your loud mouth is going to help. No, we don't feel it's David vs Goliath at least from this seat. i saw a lot of your game the other night vs Sioux and are aware that you guys are playing your best hockey at the right time, your team looked pretty darn good

Comment

I saw CC and Michigan three times each. CC is fairly small, very quick, skates very well, and with schwartz has maybe the best freshman in D1. The guy has jets on his jets. His line will put a lot of pressure on. I think the defense is slightly suspect and the goaltending can be real good or sometimes not so much.
                              Michigan can play several systems and often switches several times per period. I don't know how banged up they are but they are fundamentally very sound and the goaltending is good as is the defense. They have a very professional approach to games and do not get rattled.
                              UNO's only downfall imho is that they get penalized a lot. They come at you hard all the time.
                              So what about BC?
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                              X