Playoffs and TV-Why ESPN3.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs and TV-Why ESPN3.com?

I don't understand why all the games are not brodcast on TV? Does anyone know if the games not scheduled for ESPNU-will be broadcast by a local station? Will the Sioux
    game(s) be shown on FSSN? I just want to watch as much hockey as possible, without resorting to the crappy internet!

Re: Playoffs and TV-Why ESPN3.com?

Originally posted by sju56321 View Post
    I don't understand why all the games are not brodcast on TV? Does anyone know if the games not scheduled for ESPNU-will be broadcast by a local station? Will the Sioux
    game(s) be shown on FSSN? I just want to watch as much hockey as possible, without resorting to the crappy internet!
    So you are complaining that a ratings poor sport now has every game available to watch?

This is a huge improvement over past years.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I'm sure the Sioux game will get picked up in North Dakota by someone.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The games not airing live on ESPNU (the ones that are ESPN3.com designated) are being syndicated -- so local channels will have the ability to pick them up (and there are more of them this time -- 4).

Check this bracket --
        http://www.collegehockeynews.com/alm...tdata/11-7.pdf

So you are complaining that a ratings poor sport now has every game available to watch?

This is a huge improvement over past years.
        Not really...recently ESPN2 carried a couple of games so ESPN2 and ESPNU basically showed everything live between them. This time they're going with ESPNU only, with local channels getting back in the picture more than they've been recently, so if you don't have a dish, there are likely to be a few games folks won't be able to see (provided they don't want to watch them online).

I'm not complaining about it, because at least they're giving local channels a crack at a bunch of games again, but it's not really an "improvement" . Putting nearly every game on live between two outlets that get major national exposure (as they did last year/year before) is still better than ESPN3.com.
        Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-20-2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I personally love that all of these games will be on ESPN3...high quality feeds of every game played? Wow thank you very much!

Comment

Easy access for every game in a nitch sport? No complaints here
            Arenas Attended
            Matthews Arena
            Agganis Arena
            Tsongas Arena
            Lawler Arena
            Schneider Arena
            Mullins Center
            TD Banknorth Garden
            Conte Forum
            Whittemore Center
            Gutterson Fieldhouse
            Alfond Arena
            Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Guess you have a better feed than I do-cuts out, choppy. Perhaps also wondering how they selected the games to air on ESPNU-Why not show all the #1 seeds, at least. I guess I will hope DIRECTV comes through-maybe some games will be shown on a sports pack channel.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                Thanks for posting this. Now I know when BC will be on TV.
                Boston College Eagles
                NCAA Champions
                1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

Guess you have a better feed than I do-cuts out, choppy. Perhaps also wondering how they selected the games to air on ESPNU-Why not show all the #1 seeds, at least. I guess I will hope DIRECTV comes through-maybe some games will be shown on a sports pack channel.
                  I have the cheapest Comcast cable internet connection (get about 1.3Mbps) and still get great picture (albeit not HD) feeds from ESPN3. Have you tried it recently? I's pretty **** good

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                    I have the cheapest Comcast cable internet connection (get about 1.3Mbps) and still get great picture (albeit not HD) feeds from ESPN3. Have you tried it recently? I's pretty **** good
                    It will depend on which game you are watching. North Dakota's fanbase usually destroys bandwidth and makes games on the internet almost unwatchable.
                    North Dakota

Comment

In addition, those of us using Cablevision don't have access to ESPN3 owing to yet another of those ****ing matches for which Cablevision and Disney are justly famous.

Comment

Fair enough...although I'd be surprised if the ND demand, even with it on local TV, surpassed the demand place on similar services for the NCAA BBall tourney.

Nonetheless...still an improvement over past years when this wasn't even an option.

goblue...sorry to hear about Cablevision...I'd go to verizon, dish, or anything else for my cable to avoid them

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                          Fair enough...although I'd be surprised if the ND demand, even with it on local TV, surpassed the demand place on similar services for the NCAA BBall tourney.

Nonetheless...still an improvement over past years when this wasn't even an option.

goblue...sorry to hear about Cablevision...I'd go to verizon, dish, or anything else for my cable to avoid them
                          It just seems like they give more bandwidth to Basketball, and World Soccer than they do College Hockey.

As you said though, it beats nothing, and perhaps they will have more bandwidth for the games. I am hoping so because as of now, that will be how I will be watching the game
                          North Dakota

Comment

My beef with hockey on espn is having to suffer through studio broadcasts of that insufferable ********* Barry Melrose. Beside knowing jack crap about college hockey, he is a complete moron when it comes hockey knowledge. There is a reason his last coaching gig lasted a whole two weeks.

Comment

The USCHO schedule tells us what times the tape-delayed games will be on.

Friday: 11:30 p.m. — Michigan vs. Nebraska-Omaha, ESPNU (same-day delay)
                              Saturday: 11:30 p.m. — Merrimack vs. Notre Dame, ESPNU (same-day delay)
                              Sunday: 12:30 p.m. — North Dakota vs. Rensselaer, ESPNU (one-day delay)
                              3 p.m. — Denver vs. Western Michigan, ESPNU (one-day delay)

Comment

Working...
                              X