The official "My team got screwed" thread of the 2011 NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official "My team got screwed" thread of the 2011 NCAA Tournament

Before starting your own thread, please view this public service announcement.

Please allow this thread to serve as your place to complain about the PWR, the committee, the smoke-filled room or your misinformed views about why undeserving teams like RPI, Air Force and CC stole your team's spot. This is also a good place to ***** about your coach, the referees, the RPI formula, KRACH and the entire process.

This version of the thread even promises entertaining topics such as the Big Ten Hockey Conference, Joe Thornton being traded, Giada's Melons, Merrimack being kicked out of Hockey Rast, #26 Union, the playoff chances of St, Clooud, a symposium on the many hackings of Freddy Meyer and the always-popular college hockey video game.

We have the Waambulance standing by and extra tissues handy.

*****http://i28.***********.com/albums/c206/zimmie123/waambulance.jpg******
    *****http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/447/kleenex5e24f2crs1.jpg******

We also have several types of cheese to go along with whatever whine you prefer. We promise you'll get your just desevrings!

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread of the 2011 NCAA Tournament

Minnesota got screwed. They are clearly the best team in the nation, and are the only reason college hockey exists as a sport in this country. The disrespect shown by not putting them in the tournament the last couple years has forced, yes FORCED them to take their game and go play without all of you lesser people by forming a Big Ten Hockey Conference for 2013-14, where it will be them and 5 stiffs who would rather play cheat at football.

See what you have wrought!
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Well, it looks like the teams getting "screwed" are BC and Miami, but you won't hear a complaint from me. BC's been fortunate to stay east in every regional since 2000 I believe. If they are sent west, they're sent west. Drop the puck.

I will say that I think the last 1-2 at-large slots should have a human element to the selections. Most would disagree. That's fine. Looking at this year's final PWR, the one change I would make is Dartmouth in for RPI. JMO.

Comment

Why isn't Tech a #1 seed,? They got screwed!
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
          Why isn't Tech a #1 seed,? They got screwed!
          if Tech didn't get screwed, they'd get nothing
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Air Force took our spot!!
            -M

Comment

UND got totally screwed because Melrose only talked about them 80% of the time.
              Last edited by Slash01; 03-20-2011, 11:58 AM. Reason: extraneous
              No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                if Tech didn't get screwed, they'd get nothing
                if tech did get screwed I think they'd be ok with it
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  5 stiffs who would rather play cheat at football.
                  You forgot basketball.

Comment

Minnesota got screwed. They are clearly the best team in the nation, and are the only reason college hockey exists as a sport in this country. The disrespect shown by not putting them in the tournament the last couple years has forced, yes FORCED them to take their game and go play without all of you lesser people by forming a Big Ten Hockey Conference for 2013-14, where it will be them and 5 stiffs who would rather play cheat at football.

See what you have wrought!

Hahaha that is funny. What kind of changes to college hockey do you think the Big 10 conference will make? Will it start a domino effect like we saw with college football this past summer or will there will be minor changes? Just looking for opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post
                      You forgot basketball.
                      I didn't know they were cheating at basketball as well. Do tell.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I didn't know they were cheating at basketball as well. Do tell.
                        Of course. Don't you know Alvare$ is behind the whole thing? We both were screwed as part of the fiendish plot to accelerate the formation of BTHC (and the resultant screwing of the WCHA).

Comment

Of course. Don't you know Alvare$ is behind the whole thing? We both were screwed as part of the fiendish plot to accelerate the formation of BTHC (and the resultant screwing of the WCHA).
                          I wish MN would go back to cheating at basketball. I want another Final Four run. Even if it is vacated several years later.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I wish MN would go back to cheating at basketball.
                            I don't. We'll be happy to continue taking all of your tall white kids.

Comment

I don't. We'll be happy to continue taking all of your tall white kids.
                              I don't think our Final Four team had any white kids.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                              X