Bridgeport CT information for traveling fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgeport CT information for traveling fans

Figured I would start a thread for this venue, there are a myriad of questions that will be asked during the week, lets start with this dining map which also depicts the area very well.

http://mappery.com/map-of/Arena-at-H...estaurants-Map
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Bridgeport CT information for traveling fans

Add a link to Bpt from my favorite travel website.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g...Vacations.html
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Ralph & Rich's and Joseph's are excellent restaurants, albeit a bit expensive. Two Boots is unique as it combines Italian and Cajun cooking (Italy and Louisiana being the two boots) to create some interesting pizzas and entrees. Murphy's Law is a popular bar, although I've never been there.

Comment

Is there a fronton nearby?

Comment

Can someone shed some light on the ticket situation? the rows I see are listed in letters but there are some rows with 2 letters like AA. Is there an upper deck that the double letters are in or do they go to Z and start over with AA. Thanks anyone who knows the building

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by NickUMD View Post
            Can someone shed some light on the ticket situation? the rows I see are listed in letters but there are some rows with 2 letters like AA. Is there an upper deck that the double letters are in or do they go to Z and start over with AA. Thanks anyone who knows the building

Nick
            Hi Nick,

There is no upper deck in the WebsterBank Arena. What happens is once you get to row z the row directly behind it is row AA. There is not a bad seat in the house you should have really good seats.

To all college hockey fans who are coming to Bridgeport, if you have any questions (location, local spots, lodging, parking, etc.) please post them on this thread and I will be happy to answer them. I am on the host committee and I will do my best to answer.

LT, to answer your earlier question on the Yale thread, last week. Fans will not be allowed to re-enter between games. It was suggested to the Arena but with their own concessions in-house, they want fans to buy from them between games. It's not perfect but please understand it's about business. I suggested you guys tailgate before in the lots or stop by one of the bars in the immediate area (Ralph and Rich's, Tiago's, etc.).

Ticket up-date: as of today, we have sold over 5000 tickets not including the 400 each school will be able to buy. That's a total of 6600 tickets commited. The Arena holds approx. 8700. I suggest any fans who have still not purchase please do so by Wednesday -if not sooner.

Any fans who are coming from NYC area, please consider using the MTA train service as the Bridgeport station is literally right next door to the Arena.

Die hard Fans who are interested, please come to the Arena on Thursday to watch practice. It's free and open to the public per NCAA Regional protocol. I will list practice times once they're announced. -Which will be Tuesday

I hope this helps!

Bulldawg21

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg21 View Post
              There is no upper deck in the WebsterBank Arena. What happens is once you get to row z the row directly behind it is row AA. There is not a bad seat in the house you should have really good seats.
              I am not sure, but i vaguely remember going to a Sound Tigers' game a few years ago, and rows AA-DD were the first four rows next to the glass, and then the rows started with A... after that. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You are right though, even the back rows are not too far away from the rink, so there really are not many bad seats.

Comment

What's the parking situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                  50/50 car ends up on cinderblocks

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                    There is a parking garage next to the arena, two parking lots across the street and another a few blocks away. Parking is usually $5-6 dollars, but do not quote me on that. I arrived late for the games on the first day in 2009, and still was able to find parking at the lot a few blocks away.

If you are coming from I-95/RT-25 I would recommend going south on Myrtle Ave, then taking a left onto Railroad Ave and when you get to Broad Street you can go left to get to the two parking lots across from the arena or right to get to the one a few blocks away. It is a bit of a round-about way to get there, but it seems to avoid the main traffic backups. Of course, if my directions do not make sense then just stick with the shortest route that is sure to have other cars to follow and police officers directing traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by danumbakruncha View Post
                      I am not sure, but i vaguely remember going to a Sound Tigers' game a few years ago, and rows AA-DD were the first four rows next to the glass, and then the rows started with A... after that. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You are right though, even the back rows are not too far away from the rink, so there really are not many bad seats.
                      I checked and you are correct, da. The double letters are lower and the single letters are higher.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg21 View Post
                        Hi Nick,

To all college hockey fans who are coming to Bridgeport, if you have any questions (location, local spots, lodging, parking, etc.) please post them on this thread and I will be happy to answer them. I am on the host committee and I will do my best to answer.

LT, to answer your earlier question on the Yale thread, last week. Fans will not be allowed to re-enter between games. It was suggested to the Arena but with their own concessions in-house, they want fans to buy from them between games. It's not perfect but please understand it's about business. I suggested you guys tailgate before in the lots or stop by one of the bars in the immediate area (Ralph and Rich's, Tiago's, etc.).

Ticket up-date: as of today, we have sold over 5000 tickets not including the 400 each school will be able to buy. That's a total of 6600 tickets commited. The Arena holds approx. 8700. I suggest any fans who have still not purchase please do so by Wednesday -if not sooner.

Any fans who are coming from NYC area, please consider using the MTA train service as the Bridgeport station is literally right next door to the Arena.

Die hard Fans who are interested, please come to the Arena on Thursday to watch practice. It's free and open to the public per NCAA Regional protocol. I will list practice times once they're announced. -Which will be Tuesday

I hope this helps!

Bulldawg21
                        Very helpful, thanks. Do you work at the arena or something? How do you know the attendance figures. I didn't realize how close the train station is. I plan to take the train from Grand Central to Bridgeport. Shouldn't be an issue walking to the arena from the train station?
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

UnionHockeyManiac--I work at the state courthouse down the street from the venue. The train station is about four blocks to the arena. Not a bad walk. When I see minor league games there I park right on Main Street which is the route you will take to Harbor Yard.

As for the venue, it seats about 9500 for hockey. For the regionals a few years ago it was packed. Have fun; go ECAC!

Comment

Union fans need a bar to visit before the game any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                              Very helpful, thanks. Do you work at the arena or something? How do you know the attendance figures. I didn't realize how close the train station is. I plan to take the train from Grand Central to Bridgeport. Shouldn't be an issue walking to the arena from the train station?
                              When you arrive at Bridgeport station you will arrive on the east side of the tracks. The Arena is on the west side of the tracks. Take the stairs from the east side platform down underneath the tracks and take the stairs up to the west platform. When you get up to the platform take a right walk to the end of the platform where there will be a walkway to the commuter/Arena parking lot. Enter the lot walk to the other side, go down a flight of stairs and you're at the front of the Arena.

I work in the Yale Athletics dept. but wearing my regional host hat while in Bridgeport.
                              Last edited by bulldawg21; 03-21-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X