• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bridgeport CT information for traveling fans

All games in Bridgeport are on ESPNU including Saturday

Comment

Thursday Practice schedule: (Open to the Public)

Minn-Duluth 11:30am - 12:30pm

Union 12:45pm - 1:45pm

Air Force 2:00pm - 3:00pm

Yale 3:15pm - 4:15pm

Comment

The lots next to the arena charge $10 for parking. Very safe and right next door. It looks like the weather will be good for tailgating albeit kind of cold at around 40 degrees.
        Here is a good parking map.
        http://www.websterbankarena.com/pdf/Parking%20Map.pdf
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

one of the U fans I was speaking with on Tuesday mentioned he went on hotwire and got a room at the howard johnsons thru the site for something like $ 35.00

Comment

Just called the Holiday Inn and it's completely sold out for Friday night. Hmmmm.
            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg21 View Post
              I haven't been there personally. I would call Murphy's Law to make sure they have ESPNU and that they are showing the games. I know the Yale vs. AFA is on ESPNU. I'm not sure about Union vs. MN-Duluth.
              Thanks. We'll be at the games on Friday, so we're more concerned with seeing what's available on Saturday afternoon.
              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Hi hockey fans traveling to Bridgeport for the NCAA Men's Division 1 games. Here's some information that should help you enjoy your time here.

Lodging. There is one hotel in Downtown Bridgeport, the newly renovated Bridgeport Holiday Inn ( http://goo.gl/bsInR ). It is just a couple of blocks from the Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard. There are other hotel choices in the surrounding towns of Trumbull, Stratford, and Fairfield, just in case the Holiday Inn is booked (I hear that it is).

Parking, MetroNorth/Amtrak, Driving. The Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard is located just off Exit 27 of I-95. There is plenty of parking in downtown Bridgeport. There is a newly expanded parking garage adjacent to the Arena, as well as surface parking lots across the street. The Arena is a couple of blocks from the MetroNorth/Amtrak station, it's a safe and easy 2-minute walk.

Dining and Entertainment. Downtown Bridgeport is home to a good number of new and heritage restaurants and watering holes. Ralph 'n' Rich's, Joseph's Steakhouse, Epernay Bistro, Two Boots, Viva Cantina, El Pueblito, Tiago's, Metric, Murphy's Law, The Blue Martini, Amici Miei and others can be found on an interactive map at www.InfoBridgeport.com .

Arts. There's a lot going on this weekend. From theater to art exhibits to children's events, you can find it all listed at www.InfoBridgeport.com

Questions? There will be security ambassadors on the streets to direct you and answer your questions. They will be wearing badges that say "HOCKEY FANS - ASK ME". You'll find them at the MetroNorth/Amtrak station, and up and down Main Street between the I-95 overpass and Fairfield Avenue. They have info on where to eat, where to grab a beer, parking, entertainment, etc.

Find out more about everything that's happening in downtown Bridgeport at www.InfoBridgeport.com. Follow what's happening on Facebook at www.facebook.com/infobridgeport and on Twitter @InfoBridgeport. Here's hoping that your team wins!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                  Thanks. We'll be at the games on Friday, so we're more concerned with seeing what's available on Saturday afternoon.
                  I have Directv here and just flipped through to ESPNU (Channel 208 for those who have Directv) and found that both games are on being covered.
                  St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                  4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                  2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                  16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                  9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                  2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

I'm thinking about coming down today for the games if I can talk someone into coming with (all my friends are just casual college hockey fans).

Can you see the ice from the concourse area at this rink? Thanks

Comment

UML,

You cannot see the ice from the main concourse. There are seats still available.

Comment

I want to sit in the back row so I can stand for the whole game. Is the view ok from there??
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                          I want to sit in the back row so I can stand for the whole game. Is the view ok from there??
                          Get whatever row you want and simply stand the whole game. If people behind you can't see then they should stand too!

I have Union in my Frozen Four so go Union!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                            Ice is the same for all teams and a lot of venues have issues. I hate the bad ice excuse for poor performance. A winning team can adapt.
                            Not sure you will see my response but I want you to know that I am not making ANY excuses. In fact, I totally agree about the ice condition. A good team can and should adapt. I'm just saying as a fan, crappy ice generally speaking does not make for as good of a game. I could be wrong here but the Union vs. UMD game MAY be an example of this so far. I'm not there, I'm just saying it is possible. It is my sincere hope that the ice is good. The NCAA really seems to like the venue based upon rewarding them with regionals. Other than actually being able to see the bad ice (and bad officiating, as if that doesn't happen everywhere...), I had a very good experience during the regional there.

Comment

Curious question to any people who have been to a few AHA games this season.

The first penalty of UMD, really early in the game, where the player crashed into the Union player and threw him into the net.

Am I correct in thinking that would have been at least a 5 min penalty if not a DQ in the AHA this year?

Comment

Working...
                              X