Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

Well fellow U fans, the day we've all been waiting for is finally here. To everyone making the trip, safe travels. I encourage everyone attending to be as loud and supportive of this team as possible, the team deserves nothing less. LET'S GO U!

Comment

Good luck today U, hope to see a rubber match Saturday night!
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by uniondutch21 View Post
        I believe it is Coldplay "Fix you" but i could be REALLY wrong. I heard it on the radio the other day and thought "i think this is the song!" but didn't believe it. If you have the song...go to like the 2:24 point...up until that point you'll think there is no way this is it.

Leaving in 30 min for Murphy's Law...picking up a friend in Albany...definitely Taconic to 84 to 8. Never been on Rt 8...sure its lovely and all but I know the Taconic very well and there are zero lights on Taconic and 84 not so sure about 8.

See Y'all there i'll be with the contingent of 2006 Alums-
        Rt 8 is a major highway, be careful when you get to the 95 end it is a little dicey with traffic.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          A bit surreal? .

I'm definitely starting to feel edgy. Hopefully the team will get over the jitters quickly or they could be looking up at a not so pleasant scoreboard. I admittedly don't pay much attention to the western teams but obviously, these guys have some snipers...not that we don't too. Special teams and Kinkaid will have to have their best game of the year for us to have a good chance. No softies, chippies, sleepies, whatever can get by KK.
          As fans, we're allowed to feel edgy, antsy, and have the jitters. The players are not.

UMD has been ranked high all season, so Union has their work cut out for them. But at the same time, Union can still be considered one of the best teams in the country...they're here for a reason, too. I think if Nate keeps them focused and stuck to the plan that's worked all season, they'll be fine. I'd like to know if he pulls a Norman Dale and measures the distance between the goal line and the blue line.

And now that I've heard "Fix You" again, I'm pumped...big time!

Safe travels to everyone going there today. If you pass a blue Honda CR-V with a Buffalo Sabres license plate holder somewhere on I-90 or CT 8, feel free to yell "Go U!".
          Last edited by aweise; 03-25-2011, 07:30 AM.
          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

I thought I was pretty amped up before I started reading the recent posts...now I'm in total overdrive. This is it, what we've been waiting decades for. Go U!

Comment

Alright Union fans, this is a stick up!!!!

First off I'd like to wish your team luck and well wishes this weekend. Now hand over one of your coaches to Providence College!!!

We'd rather have Leaman but we'll take Bennett. You have two weeks to decide.
              Again, all the best the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                As fans, we're allowed to feel edgy, antsy, and have the jitters. The players are not.

UMD has been ranked high all season, so Union has their work cut out for them. But at the same time, Union can still be considered one of the best teams in the country...they're here for a reason, too. I think if Nate keeps them focused and stuck to the plan that's worked all season, they'll be fine. I'd like to know if he pulls a Norman Dale and measures the distance between the goal line and the blue line.

And now that I've heard "Fix You" again, I'm pumped...big time!

Safe travels to everyone going there today. If you pass a blue Honda CR-V with a Buffalo Sabres license plate holder somewhere on I-90 or CT 8, feel free to yell "Go U!".
                Agree with this wholeheartedly.. its ok for us neurotic fans to be nervous but hopefully the players will not be. One interesting factoid from the playoff "disaster weekend" is that in the 190+ minutes the two teams played, Union trailed on the scoreboard for less than 5 minutes! While in no way demeaning what Gate achieved, the point is that even though U didn't have their A game going at all times, they were still in very strong position to win each game and did play very well for long stretchs. The players should be confident in their abilities and in the style of play & systems that the coachs have them play, and if they bring their A game there is no reason they can't have success today & possibly beyond. Beyond that, I don't think there are any big secrets about what U needs to do today to win. If the boys play with poise & confidence and don't try to do too much or too little, good things should happen.

Again.. I never thought I would see this day come!!
                GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO U!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  Alright Union fans, this is a stick up!!!!

First off I'd like to wish your team luck and well wishes this weekend. Now hand over one of your coaches to Providence College!!!

We'd rather have Leaman but we'll take Bennett. You have two weeks to decide.
                  Again, all the best the rest of the way.
                  You better hope we roll all the way through! If not, you know that neither of the coaches are going to walk away...they have worked so hard in creating a national contender that they HAVE to see it to fruition. Can you imagine how either one of them would feel if they were sitting in Providence next year when U runs the table...again? Nope....not happening...no way....no how.

And thanks for the well wishes!

Comment

Heading to Grand Central now to catch the train up to Bridgeport...LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA!!!
                    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
                      That's just what I needed to hear. Now I'm REALLY antsy. It's 7:35 - two more hours 'til bus time!!

I've been trying to figure out what that song was all season. The acoustics at Messa are not the best.
                      It's a different cut of Fix You by Coldplay. I had no idea what it was until Sullivan linked to it. The beginning of this cut is great.

For those stuck in the Capital District, 1240 AM has an extended pre-game starting at 2:30.

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
                        Congrats to Union! I hope we see you on Sat night. It would be great for the ECAC to have it's two best teams vying for a spot in the Frozen 4.
                        It has been a LONG time since ECAC teams met in an NCAA game (the last time current members faced each other was the 1980 Consolation game, unless you want to count the 2002 appearance by pre-conference Quinnipiac). Here's hoping Union does its part to make that happen this weekend. Good luck to the Dutchmen.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 03-25-2011, 01:19 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Want game updates? Follow my Union Hockey Twitter list.... following Schott, Union Hockey Blog, several others.

https://twitter.com/#!/200x85/union-college-hockey-6

Comment

Congrats to Union on a great year.
                            Your season this year reminds me of Yale's 2 years ago.
                            We have some business to take care of next, but will make sure to extract some revenge for you tomorrow against UMD.
                            -------------
                            Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Special teams. Faceoffs. Desire. Three big reasons why UMD won today. Union just didn't seem to want it as much as UMD. That plus Reitter was the difference. Too bad. Hoping for an ECAC final. Go Yale.

Comment

Tough break, guys. We'll try to hold up the Capital District pride. But just remember: you made it farther than 42 other teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X