Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

The last place Union wants to find itself is watching a "dogfight" on Saturday night in Bridgeport. Hopefully, the Dutchmen will emerge at the end of the weekend as the "dogcatcher".

Comment

Anyone else getting antsy? I can't wait for tomorrow to come, jump in the car around noon and head to the arena. (it's just easier then the bus trip for me!)
      GoooooU

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
        Anyone else getting antsy? I can't wait for tomorrow to come, jump in the car around noon and head to the arena. (it's just easier then the bus trip for me!)
        GoooooU
        I am...partially because I can't wait to get out of the office for a 3-day weekend, but mostly because I was ready for this the moment I walked out of Messa from the Game 3 OT loss.

I've attended the NCAA tournament in some fashion (regionals or FF) since 1994, with maybe 2 exceptions. Seeing Union there might be a bit surreal.
        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
          Seeing Union there might be a bit surreal.
          A bit surreal? .

I'm definitely starting to feel edgy. Hopefully the team will get over the jitters quickly or they could be looking up at a not so pleasant scoreboard. I admittedly don't pay much attention to the western teams but obviously, these guys have some snipers...not that we don't too. Special teams and Kinkaid will have to have their best game of the year for us to have a good chance. No softies, chippies, sleepies, whatever can get by KK.
          Last edited by Wholin1; 03-24-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Surreal....nah it's SO Real! This is what we've been waiting for for so long. I'm going to take it in in all its splendor. It will be done in the blink of an eye, but hopefully more to follow. One and done is so disappointing and a trend we are all too used to with our history in the ECACs.
            A visit to the twin cities would be exactly what the Dr. ordered right about now!

Comment

Antsy is an understatement. As recently as three years ago, it seemed like this was never going to happen. Now our time has finally come!! I can't wait for tomorrow. See you in Bridgeport. CAN'T WAIT!!!
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Perhaps it's no surprise, but Ken Schott has picked Union. Good man.

Paula Weston of USCHO.com has not. To that, I say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuN1D6Np1y8

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
                  GoooooU
                  oh I hear ya!!!

heading out around 1030....this is amazing.....loving all the coverage.....numerious links to ken at the gazette and several stations sent guys down.....even Roger Wyland is going......cant find his way to union during the season but must have bought a gps...

Comment

Up @ 6:30 tomorrow to pick up 2 friends and fellow U fans, then we're off.

As disappointing as the last 2 games were, I'm absolutely thrilled to be going to this game. I feel confident we will see a much different Union team then we saw vs. 'gate.

Go U!

Comment

which route you taking down?

Comment

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
                        which route you taking down?
                        90 E to 8 S.

Comment

thinking same thing......tought of the taconic doesnt thrill me

Comment

Kudos to Brian Sullivan of USCHO.com for posting a link to Union's intro music:

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=0fBfhL

A listen to that will rev up any Union fan, as if Union fans aren't jazzed up enough as is.

Comment

That's just what I needed to hear. Now I'm REALLY antsy. It's 7:35 - two more hours 'til bus time!!

I've been trying to figure out what that song was all season. The acoustics at Messa are not the best.
                              Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

[QUOTE=Goaliefan;5097610
                                I've been trying to figure out what that song was all season. The acoustics at Messa are not the best.[/QUOTE]

I believe it is Coldplay "Fix you" but i could be REALLY wrong. I heard it on the radio the other day and thought "i think this is the song!" but didn't believe it. If you have the song...go to like the 2:24 point...up until that point you'll think there is no way this is it.

Leaving in 30 min for Murphy's Law...picking up a friend in Albany...definitely Taconic to 84 to 8. Never been on Rt 8...sure its lovely and all but I know the Taconic very well and there are zero lights on Taconic and 84 not so sure about 8.

See Y'all there i'll be with the contingent of 2006 Alums-

Comment

Working...
                                X