Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
    Union just received big mentions during the intermission show of the Rangers game. The quote was to look for a big surprise out of Bridgeport and there could likely be a team new to the tournament reaching the frozen four.
    Next thing you'll hear is that the Rangers are looking to sign Kinkaid.

UMD may have some travel issues according to Ken Schott.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...l-to-bridgepo/

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      I read that there is no "in out" between the games Friday. Did I say that right?
      No re-entry between games, confirmed by Yale Athletics.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        Next thing you'll hear is that the Rangers are looking to sign Kinkaid.

UMD may have some travel issues according to Ken Schott.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...l-to-bridgepo/
        Kinkaid needs to stay put, at least for another year IMO. If he were to go now I'm afraid it would be a fate worse than Fox (remember TJ?). Bouncing around the ECHL is of no benefit for him.

For UMD, I would think that they were paying attention to this and would get the boys out of town before the storm. Not to mention the snow is heading toward CT, so they should be looking to travel early. If this wasn't done, shame on them...probably the administration of the school. I would think they would do whatever it takes to be on time for this important of a game/

Comment

Kinkaid needs to stay put, at least for another year IMO. If he were to go now I'm afraid it would be a fate worse than Fox (remember TJ?). Bouncing around the ECHL is of no benefit for him.

For UMD, I would think that they were paying attention to this and would get the boys out of town before the storm. Not to mention the snow is heading toward CT, so they should be looking to travel early. If this wasn't done, shame on them...probably the administration of the school. I would think they would do whatever it takes to be on time for this important of a game/
          Actually right now in Duluth the weather is generally snow free. The worst of it is to the south so far. I am not worried about the team being hurt by this storm.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It's actually against NCAA regulations to leave for a game that's within the continental 48 states before 48 hours before the game. So, they wouldn't be able to leave Minnesota until tomorrow afternoon. It's not UMD's fault they didn't leave early, it's the NCAA's rule.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Is it Friday yet? I know us Union fans have waited a long time for this to happen, but these last few days of anticipation have felt like an eternity. Can't wait to be in Bridgeport.

Comment

If anyone arrives early on Thursday, there are free practice sessions, open to the public.Thursday at Harbor Yard
                Practice Time Press Conference
                Minnesota-Duluth 11:30-12:30 12:45 to 1:15
                Union 12:45-1:45 2:00 to 2:30
                Air Force 2:00-3:00 3:15 to 3:45
                Yale 3:15-4:15 4:30 to 5:00
                Last edited by LTsatch; 03-22-2011, 10:15 PM.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Had a long talk with Ken Schott today about the Tournament and Unions evolution to a D1 player. USHL player and Yale recruit joins me as a co-host. Please check it out if you like http://www.sports-casters.com

Note: the first 3:11 seconds has a slight tech mistake. We will correct tomorrow. Just skip to 3:12 and all is good.
                  Last edited by brainof23; 03-22-2011, 10:51 PM.
                  http://www.sports-casters.com

http://www.twitter.com/sports_casters

thesportscasters@gmail.com

Comment

About 600 tickets have sold so far through the Union box office. Let's hope we can reach the 1,000 mark or more. It's less than 3 hours from Schenectady. Come on, people!
                    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Those going down there are quite fortunate. No place I'd rather be, but I can't get out of work. It's not a total lost case... I'll be able to listen on 1240 AM (those guys are great) and sneak in some ESPN3.com time. But it doesn't come close to being there. If people have nothing else going on, by all means go down there. It's not like the RPI fans having to go out to Green Bay. Bridgeport was the best case as far as distance.

Other than the fact that they have 7 NHL draft picks, I don't know a lot about Minnesota-Duluth. However, as Leaman said on 1240 AM earlier tonight, any team left at this stage of the game is pretty good. I felt better about Union before I saw them lose games 2 and 3 to Colgate -- both troubling losses. At the same time, losing like that could serve as a motivator. I'm sure it was a feeling none of these guys want again. And I believe final exams are over with, so that's one less distraction. And they should be well rested, playing just three times in the past month.... but hopefully not rusty. It's a game I could see going either way. I don't think it's going to be a breeze for either team. But hopefully Union wins. They've had too good of a year to end on a three game slide.

Comment

Question for Union people: do you know the origins of the Dutchmen name? I couldn't find any explanation on Wikipedia or the school's website. (I'm a Dutch-American who's adopting Union as my hockey team. They're the only ethnic pride team I have left since those jerks at Hofstra changed their name.)

Comment

The Dutch were the first people to settle Schenectady so I believe that is where the name comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by union07 View Post
                            The Dutch were the first people to settle Schenectady so I believe that is where the name comes from.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by union07 View Post
                              The Iroquois may take issue with that statement.

Comment

Some new press via the Winnipeg Free Press:

"Union College heads to first NCAA tournament with players from six provinces"

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...118537319.html

"The NCAA gives your school a certain ticket allotment and we sold out of those," said Leaman. "Then we used the tickets that Duluth and Air Force didn't use and sold out of those. I'm expecting a pro-Union crowd there."
                                Last edited by rdf8585; 03-23-2011, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X