Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

It's a great time to be a Union fan. I am still at a loss as to how to react to this. Obviously overjoyed, optimistic, and excited. Need to relish every moment and take it all in.
    and , of course...
    GoooooU

Comment

So what's the scouting report on tUMD (and what's with the little "t"?).

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        Dunno much about tUMD, but the little "t" is similar to how people say tOSU... The University of Minnesota-Duluth/The University of Ohio State.

Comment

SEE YA IN BRIDGEPORT! Can't wait.

I watched the selection show from a bar in Atlantic City. I was the only one there and the TV must have been from the late 1990s but it was still great!
          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

You have not seen a line like the FCC line all year. (Fontaine-Jack Connolly-Mike Connolly) No, the 2 Connollys are not related. They are phenomenal and provide the majority of tUMD's scoring. The little t by the way is a reference to the foolish habit Ohio State has of calling itself THE Ohio State University. Basically we're mocking them for that. Anyhoo, our second line of Oleksuk-Brown-Schmidt is good, as J.T. Brown (son of former Minnesota Viking Ted Brown) took all-Freshman WCHA honors this year. Our third and fourth lines provide no offensive threat whatsoever. Our blueliners are led by freshman Justin Faulk. He's outstanding, has a dynamite shot and moves the puck fluidly. Our defensemen otherwise are primarily better in our own zone. The goaltending is the big question mark. Kenny Reiter is the number one goaltender and has a penchant for making a huge save and then giving up a goal on a lousy rebound or a soft dump-in less than a minute later. I have no idea which goalie you'll see this weekend. Our PK is better than it was earlier in the season but is still not what I'd call very good, and not good enough to keep a good PP off the board. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
            Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Since I'm from MN ill help my Union fans out. Well they got their top line which is the Connollys and fontaine. They have 43% of the teams points or around that. Their goalie has 3 points ha! But their goalie is not anything special, Keith is definetely the better goalie. They got a solid D core led by Faulk. Their penalty kill is at a 81% so not bad, not great I suppose. Their powerplay running at a 21%, so a bit lower than ours. Their second period I would say is the strongest part of their game, so if Union can jump on them early they can get a lead and UMD doesn't fair well when down in games after one or two periods. We will have to contain that first line they play a lot and are very hard workers the D will have to keep them to the outside and make sure they don't get passes into the slot. UMD is a strong team in the WCHA every year so Union just needs to go out and play their game.

Comment

Bunch of my friends are planning on coming down. Anyone know of a good spot to make the Official Unofficial Pre-Game Bar/restaurant of Union College? Walking distance to the arena of course. Most of us have never been to Bridgeport.

Comment

Congrats to Union on a terrific season. I will be rooting for the Dutchmen against UMD, and hoping for a Yale v. Union finale. That would be a great cap to memorable ECAC season.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                    The little t by the way is a reference to the foolish habit Ohio State has of calling itself THE Ohio State University.
                    t HANKS

Comment

Quick Reminder for Union fans:

Join us Tuesday night at 6pm at Bomber's Burrito Bar in Schenectady, as we have our final Coach's Corner Live! show of the season! If you can't make it down, tune in to WABY/WVKZ.

I can't say anything definitive, but I have strong reason to believe that among the prizes to be given away tomorrow night will be tickets and bus transportation to and from Friday's game, so you don't want to miss it!

Also, we've been given an extended Pre-Game slot for Friday afternoon's tilt against UMD, so join us live at 2:30 from Bridgeport as Union gets set for their first ever DI NCAA tournament game!

Let's Go U!

Comment

I read that there is no "in out" between the games Friday. Did I say that right?

Comment

I read that there is no "in out" between the games Friday. Did I say that right?
                          There usually isn't at the regionals, since the games are "back to back".

Apparently, there have been about 6600 tickets already sold for the weekend - the place seats about 9600, from what I've read. Get your tickets soon!
                          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

That's too easy

Comment

Can you blame the NC$$ for trying to sell their dry concessions?

Comment

Union just received big mentions during the intermission show of the Rangers game. The quote was to look for a big surprise out of Bridgeport and there could likely be a team new to the tournament reaching the frozen four.

Comment

Working...
                                X