Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 Season Schedules

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I have updated the spreadsheet according to your suggestions. However, going from OpenOffice to Google Docs did not translate well with one of my formulas, specifically the one that counts in-conference games. Is there a way to edit the settings so that the count does not only count the entire name? What's going on is that the in conference counter is not counting the league games that are exempt (i.e. Alaska games in Alaska). I had adjusted this by option within OpenOffice so it looks OK, but doesn't translate well onto Google Docs.

BTW I don't want to take out the parentheses, because that will affect how I calculate the exemptions.
    On a different note, you can probably include the Beanpot for the 4 Boston-area schools, no? February 6- Harvard vs. Boston University and Northeastern vs. Boston College. February 13- Consolation and Championship Game. This looks awesome though, thanks for doing it.
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
      On a different note, you can probably include the Beanpot for the 4 Boston-area schools, no? February 6- Harvard vs. Boston University and Northeastern vs. Boston College. February 13- Consolation and Championship Game. This looks awesome though, thanks for doing it.
      No prob. And thanks for the beanpot information; it shall be included.

EDIT: Also amended the ECAC schedule, since Harvard will likely get those Saturdays off.
      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 05-01-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

One of the Hockey East releases included the matchups for the final weekend of next season, so you can include those as well:

March 2
        NU at BU
        UNH at Maine
        UVM at BC
        Lowell at PC
        Merrimack at UMass

March 3
        BU at NU
        UNH at Maine
        UVM at BC
        PC at Lowell
        UMass at Merrimack
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Great effort. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. It always puzzles me why some schools think it is a top secret, national security issue that they don't release their schedules. Thanks.

Comment

Senior night is going to be awfully early in Durham

Comment

Originally posted by Larriecat View Post
              Great effort. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. It always puzzles me why some schools think it is a top secret, national security issue that they don't release their schedules. Thanks.
              Probably because they are preliminary at this point and don't want to mislead their patrons until they areabsolutely sure that everything is correct.

Comment

Denver home schedule update - 19 home games + 2 exhibitions

10/1 Exhibition - USNDT?
                10/7 Exhibition - McGill?
                10/21 & 22 - MSUM
                11/4 & 5 - UMD
                Sat 11/12 - CC
                11/18 & 19 - UNO
                11/25 & 26 - Denver Cup
                12/30 - Union
                1/6 & 7 - UAH
                1/13 & 14 - BSU
                Fri 2/3 - CC
                2/10 & 11 - MN
                2/24 & 25 - UND

Exhibition dates are set - not sure which team will be on which date.
                Union will probably be playing either AF or CC over New Year's weekend as they only have 1 game with DU on 12/30.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Probably because they are preliminary at this point and don't want to mislead their patrons until they areabsolutely sure that everything is correct.
                  College football programs release their schedules like five years in advance. Not sure why college hockey teams cannot release "Tentative" schedules. Creates a buzz and excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                    College football programs release their schedules like five years in advance. Not sure why college hockey teams cannot release "Tentative" schedules. Creates a buzz and excitement.
                    Wouldn't know for sure. Obviously UAA and UA_ have to release first because their schedule directly affects how many games a team can play in a given year.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                      Good point. Why are college hockey schools so slow on releasing schedules?
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

http://gogatehockey.blogspot.com/201...-schedule.html

Colgate's schedule. I'm not able to update the spreadsheet from my present location, but will do so when able.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          Good point. Why are college hockey schools so slow on releasing schedules?
                          It's all about building availability. For instance, the Colorado College team shares the World Arena. Big time events and concerts roll through all the time, so it's nearly impossible to hammer out schedules in advance since college hockey teams don't usually have priority to the building if they don't have a campus arena.
                          Colorado College Tigers

Comment

We're pretty sure this is DU's schedule.
                            Oct. 1 US National Development Under-18 [Exhibition]
                            Oct. 7 Canadian School (Likely McGill) [Exhibition]
                            Oct. 14 @ Boston College
                            Oct. 15 @ Boston University
                            Oct. 21-22 Minnesota State [Homecoming Weekend]
                            Oct. 28-29 @ Michigan Tech
                            Nov. 4-5 Minnesota-Duluth
                            Nov. 11 @ Colorado College
                            Nov. 12 Colorado College
                            Nov. 18-19 Nebraska-Omaha
                            Nov. 25-26 Denver Cup [Princeton, Providence & Miami]
                            Dec. 9-10 @ Bemidji State
                            Dec. 16-17 @ St. Cloud
                            Dec. 30 Union
                            Dec. 31 @ Air Force
                            Jan. 6-7 Alabama-Huntsville
                            Jan. 13-14 Bemdji State
                            Jan. 27-28 @ UAA
                            Feb. 2 Colorado College
                            Feb. 3 @ Colorado College
                            Feb. 10-11 Minnesota
                            Feb. 17-18 @ Wisconsin [DU Hockey Alumni Road Trip]
                            Feb. 24-25 North Dakota
                            Mar. 2-3 @ Nebraska-Omaha
                            Mar. 9-11 WCHA Playoffs
                            Mar. 15-17 WCHA Final 5
                            Last edited by dggoddard; 05-04-2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I've got no problem with the current set-up where schedules start to trickle out in April and most are out by May. What I don't understand is those schools that haven't released their schedules by the end of the previous school year. As an example, most schedules are set in stone by now (the Spring coaches meetings in Florida being the benchmark). I remember a couple of my years in college getting the NMU schedule before I left for summer and other times not getting it until I got back in the fall (this was pre-USCHO and, basically the internet was in its infancy). The fact that some schools (Alabama-Huntsville stands out in my memory along wit Michigan) as schools that used to wait until September to release their schedules. That just doesn't make any sense to me. In one of those, "if I ruled college hockey," moments, I'm sure I've said that I'd make all schools release their schedules on the same day - likely one day after the coaches meeting.
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                                ...What I don't understand is those schools that haven't released their schedules by the end of the previous school year...The fact that some schools...used to wait until September to release their schedules...That just doesn't make any sense to me. In one of those, "if I ruled college hockey," moments, I'm sure I've said that I'd make all schools release their schedules on the same day - likely one day after the coaches meeting.
                                That would make planning for road (or air) trips easier! The past 2 seasons, I've had ND's schedule posted weeks before the school site posts it. What's the big mystery? I wonder what the over/under will be this season as I have 1/4 of their weekends pencilled in already.
                                "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Working...
                                X