Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 Season Schedules

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Miami released their schedule yesterday.
    Huh. ND should have Miami at home this season. What's up with us travelling to Oxford 2 seasons in a row?! (I'm taking out last season as we were in the same cluster) That starts a chain reaction of other teams not getting us in their barns 2 seasons in a row...
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
      Huh. ND should have Miami at home this season. What's up with us travelling to Oxford 2 seasons in a row?! (I'm taking out last season as we were in the same cluster) That starts a chain reaction of other teams not getting us in their barns 2 seasons in a row...
      I didn't think the clusters were changing from last year but I guess they did. Michigan had two at Miami last year so I was expecting two at Yost this year. We have home/home with them. Strange.

Well then again, we had a home/home with Alaska last year and are only going to Fairbanks this season.

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
        I didn't think the clusters were changing from last year but I guess they did. Michigan had two at Miami last year so I was expecting two at Yost this year. We have home/home with them. Strange.

Well then again, we had a home/home with Alaska last year and are only going to Fairbanks this season.
        The clusters are rotating as always. You have to look back before a team was in your cluster to know if you are due to travel or if they are playing the weekend in your rink. Miami's cluster is Michigan (hence the home and home, one weekend in Oxford, one in AA), OSU, LSSU and NMU.
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Guys, please be mindful of the formatting when you put games into the schedule, specifically with regards to exempt games (in Alaska, foreign exhibitions, USA exhibitions, etc.). Northern Michigan was violating NCAA rules for a little bit with 35 games (but I whipped them back in line ).

Comment

BU: http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-h...key-sched.html
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
              Thanks; you guys are in.

Comment

Bowling Green:

http://www.bgsufalcons.com/documents...le.pdf?id=2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  BTW, for those who don't remember the location:
                  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CK695cwJ#gid=0
                  Don't know why I can't access this. Everytime I try it takes me to a google log in page and no matter what I do it won't allow me to get to the site because of some kind of cookies function. Even if I open up to allow all cookies it does the same. Anyone have any suggestions? I really want to be able to access this. Sure glad FlagDUDE08 has gone to the trouble. Usually it is well into the summer before you can plan ahead for these games.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                    Don't know why I can't access this. Everytime I try it takes me to a google log in page and no matter what I do it won't allow me to get to the site because of some kind of cookies function. Even if I open up to allow all cookies it does the same. Anyone have any suggestions? I really want to be able to access this. Sure glad FlagDUDE08 has gone to the trouble. Usually it is well into the summer before you can plan ahead for these games.
                    It may be because of a firewall. I know I'm not able to access the page while I am at work. However, I have set the page to be open for edit to anyone whom I have given the link (naturally, I gave it on here, so anyone viewing here is able to edit). Are there any other google docs that you are able to view? What browser and OS are you using? Here, I have Firefox 3.6.17 for Ubuntu Linux.

Comment

Thanks; you guys are in.
                      Interesting that BU and UNH are not playing a home-and-home weekend for two of their three games this season.

Thanks for managing this spreadsheet, FlagDUDE!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Interesting that BU and UNH are not playing a home-and-home weekend for two of their three games this season.

No prob. And thanks to everyone that is filling in information regarding their own team, including home/away status.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

I wish they would stop having conference games to start the season. I think its important to get a few non-conference games under your belt before going into the grind of the conference schedule (where the games matter more, in theory)...

UNH usually has their schedule out by now, it seems like they're dragging their feet. I wonder if it has to do with the rumored Fenway game (of which details change from day to day)?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            I wish they would stop having conference games to start the season. I think its important to get a few non-conference games under your belt before going into the grind of the conference schedule (where the games matter more, in theory)...

UNH usually has their schedule out by now, it seems like they're dragging their feet. I wonder if it has to do with the rumored Fenway game (of which details change from day to day)?
                            If y'all didn't play so many conference games, I'm sure they'd be able to get some NC games in.

Comment

Formatting note again:

If I recall correctly according to the rules, only one in-season contest against an international team is exempt. In the case of Yale, the game against Russia, according to NCAA rules, counts against their limit, given they are already playing an international game against Waterloo. You may notice that I do not put the EX in parentheses at the end, this is because it is not exempt. This is different from an international travel series that is exempt once every four years. Playing against a United States national team is given a special exemption that is separate from any other country's national teams.

BTW, while we're on this subject, who is playing the U-20's this year?

Comment

Formatting note again:

If I recall correctly according to the rules, only one in-season contest against an international team is exempt. In the case of Yale, the game against Russia, according to NCAA rules, counts against their limit, given they are already playing an international game against Waterloo. You may notice that I do not put the EX in parentheses at the end, this is because it is not exempt. This is different from an international travel series that is exempt once every four years. Playing against a United States national team is given a special exemption that is separate from any other country's national teams.

BTW, while we're on this subject, who is playing the U-20's this year?
                                You're correct about the exemptions... the work around though is that one game is considered an exhibition game and one is considered a scrimmage. It's different in label but on game day there is no difference. So how should we label it since neither game counts against the 29 they can play? The same goes for Cornell which has two Canadian schools scheduled or any other school for that matter that has two 'exhibition' games.

Comment

Working...
                                X