2 weeks stinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 weeks stinks

who knows why 2 week between games this year?
    I am so tired of waiting....
    Is anyone in favor of it?

Re: 2 weeks stinks

Originally posted by SCACfan View Post
    who knows why 2 week between games this year?
    I am so tired of waiting....
    Is anyone in favor of it?
    Because the WCHA Finals are at the Excel Center at the same time. The hotels were a problem with 6 teams already in town and the publicity would have been non existent.

As others have suggested, this year would have been a great time to pilot playing on 3 weekends instead of Wednesday, Saturday, off, and Friday/Saturday. Oh well...

Our bigger cousins in Div 1 have a week off between the regionals and the Frozen Four so as to avoid conflicts with the Final Fours. The drawback is if you're hot (see RIT), you can get cold (see RIT).
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The reason is because of an event conflict with Ridder. I actually like it because of the fact that the Norwich women's team is in the Women's DIII Championship Round (which should be called the DIII Women's Frozen Four, but the NCAA reserves that term for DI Hockey), and is playing in the finals tonight. It makes it possible for Norwich fans to follow both teams all the way through with undivided attention (WDEV is covering the Women's tournament this year, and couldn't do so last year). It does give DIII Women's hockey the spotlight all to itself this way, but it's pure accident.

It won't be this way next year.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

On a personal level it was awesome because it took away the conflict with the first weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament. It meant I didn't have to make tough choices.
        Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
        2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
        2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
        Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

thnx for the replies, tough for me, having 90% of my interest in D3 Men's Ice Hockey.

Oh well, soon we will have a Champion!

P.S. , very impressive, ask a question and get a response from a combined 17,000 posts members within an hour!

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            The reason is because of an event conflict with Ridder.
            It is actually as to not conflict with the WCHA Final Five. I got that from a Source on High.

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
              It is actually as to not conflict with the WCHA Final Five. I got that from a Source on High.
              Yep, that's what I heard when it was initially changed.

Of course it was changed 3-4 days after I made non-refundable vacation plans... intentionally after the frozen four was over. sigh.

Comment

Which can only hurt the west's chances of hosting. When the only venue to bwe available then has to postpone for a week, Lake Placid looks more and more like a viable permanent location.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                  Which can only hurt the west's chances of hosting. When the only venue to bwe available then has to postpone for a week, Lake Placid looks more and more like a viable permanent location.
                  In defense of the West, there is the Resch Center in Green Bay that could work, but you'd have to do it in a year when they're not hosting a D-I regional. I don't think the USHL Gamblers would like to be away on two consecutive weekends.

Just stay away from the Twin Cities and you'll be fine.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    In defense of the West, there is the Resch Center in Green Bay that could work, but you'd have to do it in a year when they're not hosting a D-I regional. I don't think the USHL Gamblers would like to be away on two consecutive weekends.

Just stay away from the Twin Cities and you'll be fine.
                    Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of having them in the west, but getting bids put together to host hasn't seemed to work well.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

You have the DECC Arena (cap 5600) and the New Amsoil Arena (cap 6700) in Duluth Minnesota.The DECC has twice hosted the D1 Womens Frozen Four and would most certanly be an excellant venue for a D3 tournament.
                      The West is the Best: Jim Morrison and the Doors from The End

Comment

Originally posted by jacketfan View Post
                        You have the DECC Arena (cap 5600) and the New Amsoil Arena (cap 6700) in Duluth Minnesota.The DECC has twice hosted the D1 Womens Frozen Four and would most certanly be an excellant venue for a D3 tournament.
                        There are lots of arenas there that could be a great venue. But so far, they do not seem to put in bids. The NCAA doesn't just select a place, they select the best place from those that submitted a bid.
                        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jacketfan View Post
                          That's great. You can have all the venues you want, but you have to get them to put in bids....
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

There are lots of arenas there that could be a great venue. But so far, they do not seem to put in bids. The NCAA doesn't just select a place, they select the best place from those that submitted a bid.
                            Agreed. How about Ann Arbor's infamous Yost Arena. Lots of hotel accomodations. Great facility and atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBullDogsGo View Post
                              Agreed. How about Ann Arbor's infamous Yost Arena. Lots of hotel accomodations. Great facility and atmosphere.
                              All you need to do is to get Adrian or the MCHA to agree to host, and Michigan to agree to put a reasonable cost on the use of the facility.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X