Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Makes sense for him to come with his linemate.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Stompey5 View Post
      Is there any question that Gaudreau is coming next year? The article states he might come next year even though he's committed for 2012...

I'm going to guess with Vinny departing for NU... Gaudreau will follow suit
      Mr. Gaudreau is expected to enroll in September. He is a good student. His paperwork is in order AFAIK (unlike McMillan). He'll turn 18 in August (even if he looks like he's perhaps 15, and has nothing more to prove in the USHL.
      From watching him play recently, it appears that he has grown at least one inch, perhaps two. If anyone wants to see him play on Friday or Saturday, go to the Dubuque Saints site click on the TV icon and sign up for the B2 feed.
      Watching him skate around with the puck on his stick, he reminded me of a wide receiver in the open field after the catch. He's not going to outskate Dongara, (who is?), but he's clever creative and a lot harder to hit. The fans are going to love watching him.

Comment

Friends Meeting: Tuesday June 14, at 6:00 in the varsity room.
        Membership:
        Regular: $40.00
        Students: $10.00
        Recent Grads: $10.00, 2011, 10, 09

No need to speculate about how good the recruits are. Very Frank discussion about the recruits, returning players, schedule, the good, the bad, the ugly,etc. Questions are welcome.
        Nothing is off the table; Example:“why did you use your own phones for the text messages?”
        When Greg Cronin was at Maine they had over one thousand members of their Friends Group, but very few students. NU has about 200 members and perhaps only 10 student members! Why?

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post

No need to speculate about how good the recruits are. Very Frank discussion about the recruits, returning players, schedule, the good, the bad, the ugly,etc. Questions are welcome.
          Nothing is off the table;
          Mr Croinin, how long do you have to take steriods to develop roid rage and have your balls grown back to their normal size?
          And could someone ask Vinny, if Cronin smacking around BU players had anything to do with his decision to choose NU over some other school?
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            Mr Croinin, how long do you have to take steriods to develop roid rage and have your balls grown back to their normal size?
            And could someone ask Vinny, if Cronin smacking around BU players had anything to do with his decision to choose NU over some other school?
            Don't you have anything else to think about? Talk about how well your team did last year or what its prospects are for next season. Perhaps you actually know something about these subjects.
            As for Cronin "smacking around bu players": It never happened! Obviously, you weren't there or you would know that. You would also have an idea about what clendening did to deserve to be chewed out by Cronin.

Stick with what you really know - unless steroids, roid rage and small balls are what you really know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
              Don't you have anything else to think about? Talk about how well your team did last year or what its prospects are for next season. Perhaps you actually know something about these subjects.
              A.) Yes I do have other things to thing about, some of us can think about many things all at once. It's a talent.
              B.) I did, on the appropriate thread
              C.) I do

As for Cronin "smacking around bu players": It never happened! Obviously, you weren't there or you would know that.

Wait? Why would I ask a question if I already knew it?
              Originally posted by roma
              Questions are welcome. Nothing is off the table
              And how did it not happen?
              Originally posted by Cronin
              So I went over to ask [the refs] what happened, and then one of the BU players came by and yelled at me. I kind of turned and I grabbed him.
              You would also have an idea about what clendening did to deserve to be chewed out by Cronin.
              I said nothing about whether he deserved it or not. Take a deep breath and reeeeaaaadddd.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Putting recruit information on this, since there's no reason in keeping 2 threads. Final update, as the USHL championship ended last year, with John Gaudreau and Vinny Saponari of the Dubuque Fighting Saints defeating Ludwig Karlsson's Green Bay Gamblers.

-Ryan Renz-LD, Vernon Vipers (BCHL), 4-13-17 in 51 games

-Ben Oskroba-D, Lincoln Stars (USHL), 5-11-16 in 55 games

-Ludwig Karlsson-LW, Green Bay Gamblers (USHL), 13-25-38 in 56 games. 2-3-5 line in 11 playoff games

-Adam Reid-LC, Team USA (USHL), 3-3-6 points in 21 games

-Justin Kovacs-LC, Cedar Rapids Rough Riders (USHL), 17-42-59 in 58 games. Went 2-4-6 in 8 playoff games

-John Gaudreau-LC, Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL), 36-36-72 in 60 games. Went 5-6-11 in 11 playoff games

-Garrett Haar-LD, Fargo Force, 7-16-23 in 51 games. Went 1-2-3 in 5 playoff games

-Vinny Saponari-RW, Dubuque Fighting Saints, 18-46-64 in 56 games. Went 5-4-9 in 11 playoff games

-Mike McKee-LD, Kent Prep School, listed as "B" draft prospect by Central Scouting

-Cam Darcy-LC, Team USA U-17, 9-4-13 in 37 games

-Jon Gillies-G, Indiana Ice (USHL), .906 save percentage, 2.82 GAA in 25 games played. In 2 playoff games had a 2.20 GAA and a .932 save percentage

-Matt Gaudreau-C, Team Comcast Midget

-Nathan Ferriero-C, Governor's Academy

-Dylan McLaughlin-C, Buffalo Regals

To recap, we have 3 point per game players in the USHL coming to Northeastern next, which will hopefully replace our lost defense. In addition, Dylan McLaughlin was selected in the first round of the USHL futures draft by Sioux Falls, and Matt Gaudreau was selected by the Omaha Lancers in the USHL entry draft.

Comment

Sounds like the program is headed in the right direction. Big win knocking off BU last season. Is a beanpot in order this year?

Comment

It's in order every year. It's just that it's not in Matthews.

Comment

Witt could steal us a Beanpot.
                      Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                        Sounds like the program is headed in the right direction. Big win knocking off BU last season. Is a beanpot in order this year?
                        that'd be a nice change of pace.
                        Arenas Attended
                        Matthews Arena
                        Agganis Arena
                        Tsongas Arena
                        Lawler Arena
                        Schneider Arena
                        Mullins Center
                        TD Banknorth Garden
                        Conte Forum
                        Whittemore Center
                        Gutterson Fieldhouse
                        Alfond Arena
                        Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Beanpot would be nice, but any year we have to get through BU and BC seems unlikely, although considering the year we first won we had a mere 7 wins, anything is possible.

I have to say, I'm cautiously optimistic for next year. Adding Saponari, and bringing in Gaudreau early will add a lot of firepower to our offense, and I think our Defense could be one of the best in Hockey East. I think we'll have an early overnight away game, which will be good to help the team bond. Our fortunes seemed to really improve after the series up in Maine, and I think there's a correlation. If our D can continue to be solid and contribute, and our lines can mesh, we could really get running.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                            Beanpot would be nice, but any year we have to get through BU and BC seems unlikely, although considering the year we first won we had a mere 7 wins, anything is possible.

I have to say, I'm cautiously optimistic for next year. Adding Saponari, and bringing in Gaudreau early will add a lot of firepower to our offense, and I think our Defense could be one of the best in Hockey East. I think we'll have an early overnight away game, which will be good to help the team bond. Our fortunes seemed to really improve after the series up in Maine, and I think there's a correlation. If our D can continue to be solid and contribute, and our lines can mesh, we could really get running.
                            I agree and would add that I am particularly eager to see how Robbie Dongara, Cody and Pimmer come along during their sophomore year. If they continue to develop and Tuck comes back strong we could have three very good lines!

Comment

http://www.collegehockeysource.com/2012_recruiting

#2 John Gaudreau
                              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

• Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                                Luckily he's coming in this year. They also have Saponari as #2 for this year, and Gillies and Darcy get mentions as well

Comment

Working...
                                X