Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

NU will host the US -18 team in a December game. A chance to see 2012 recruit Cam Darcy.

Comment

Why is everyone bashing Reid and Newton? They were given a once in a lifetime opportunity and they took it. NU clearly is not a place that develops players how could you blame them for leaving. Over Cronins time here who has significantly increased point totals over their time at NU? Not many, Macleod Silva and McNeely did this year becuase they were able to play together and they needed eachother to be able to get their production, but besides this year all 3 were pretty consistently stagnant through their first 3 season. Vitals numbers decreased his senior year, kraemer had an outstanding freshman campaign and then poor to average years following, Strathman Driscoll Costa Donovan Guzior Hewkin Chisolm McCually Liotti Rassey all had very stagnant careers, yes some of those guys are not point produceing type of players but its interesting that none of them just happened to significantly increase thier points by the outstanding coaching of NUs staff. I'm sorry to say but the glory days are gone and personally i give the credit of NUs short term success to Sean McEachren, the system they play came with Sean and left with Sean, Cronin isnt a college coach and in my opinion wont be at NU for long once he comes to terms with himself that he belongs back at the pro level.

Comment

Originally posted by HFNsider View Post
        Why is everyone bashing Reid and Newton? They were given a once in a lifetime opportunity and they took it. NU clearly is not a place that develops players how could you blame them for leaving. Over Cronins time here who has significantly increased point totals over their time at NU? Not many, Macleod Silva and McNeely did this year becuase they were able to play together and they needed eachother to be able to get their production, but besides this year all 3 were pretty consistently stagnant through their first 3 season. Vitals numbers decreased his senior year, kraemer had an outstanding freshman campaign and then poor to average years following, Strathman Driscoll Costa Donovan Guzior Hewkin Chisolm McCually Liotti Rassey all had very stagnant careers, yes some of those guys are not point produceing type of players but its interesting that none of them just happened to significantly increase thier points by the outstanding coaching of NUs staff. I'm sorry to say but the glory days are gone and personally i give the credit of NUs short term success to Sean McEachren, the system they play came with Sean and left with Sean, Cronin isnt a college coach and in my opinion wont be at NU for long once he comes to terms with himself that he belongs back at the pro level.
        I can't disagree with you more. Kraemer's senior year he exploded in scoring, Liotti and Rassey also did great senior year, not to mention MacLeod, McNeely, and Silva, and as you said, n one of those players you mentioned (except Kramer, who I already mentioned) were planned on being offensive players, they were grinders and depth players. More importantly, more and more players are getting excellent pro spots once they leave Northeastern, 8 in total are playing in the AHL right now, more than we've had in a long while, one of whom has gotten NHL experience this year. We could have nearly half our team on the ice next year be drafted in the NHL, depending on the breaks, we have a 1st round draft pick, and we've had the best 4 year record that Northeastern has ever had in it's program's history. Cronin has done a ton for this program and I hope he stays around for a while.

Comment

I hope Cronin sticks around for a long while too as I believe he has done some great work for NU's hockey program. It is time to get over the hump, take it to the next level and bring home some hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
            I can't disagree with you more. Kraemer's senior year he exploded in scoring, Liotti and Rassey also did great senior year, not to mention MacLeod, McNeely, and Silva, and as you said, n one of those players you mentioned (except Kramer, who I already mentioned) were planned on being offensive players, they were grinders and depth players. More importantly, more and more players are getting excellent pro spots once they leave Northeastern, 8 in total are playing in the AHL right now, more than we've had in a long while, one of whom has gotten NHL experience this year. We could have nearly half our team on the ice next year be drafted in the NHL, depending on the breaks, we have a 1st round draft pick, and we've had the best 4 year record that Northeastern has ever had in it's program's history. Cronin has done a ton for this program and I hope he stays around for a while.
            I agree 100 percent. As disappointed as I am that Reid left, I cannot blame any player who leaves college to earn money and possibly play in the NHL. Ferriero and Pimm will have breakout years next year IMO. Quailer will hopefully become what we have all envisioned since he arrived at NU. As long as Witt is the starter next year, I'm still confident we can get home ice.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

I'm sorry to say but the glory days are gone and personally i give the credit of NUs short term success to Sean McEachren, the system they play came with Sean and left with Sean, Cronin isnt a college coach and in my opinion wont be at NU for long once he comes to terms with himself that he belongs back at the pro level.
              What glory days are you referring to? I don't consider one very good season with a disapointing finish three seasons ago to be "glory days". And I didn't see many people "bashing" Reid or Newton for leaving early. We don't hate the players, we hate the game that encourages kids to leave after one or two seasons. I think the frustration is a product of NU fans wanting their program to be more stable and less of a springboard to the minor leagues. We're in an interesting spot right now...good enough to skate with and occasionally eek out some wins against the best teams in the country, but not good enough to keep that talent around for a few years and build a stable core. It's a veritable college hockey no man's land.

Comment

I got the vibe on here Reid and Newton "will never make it" "their AHL players at best" and my point is as a friend of theirs is that they both said they left earlier then either one of them would have liked to for one reason besides money, they both didnt like playing for Cronin and believe they would not of gotten better under him.

So, I thought to myself how good of a coach is he? And if you look at the stats, players on his club never improve from year to year like the other big schools. Atkinson and Gibbons go from a 10 point freshman year to plus 30 sophmore year, Thompson huge improvements even Cuuchi at merrimack made large gains, just to name a few. I just dont see where all the hype is. I give him credit that he can recruit, but from what players say, NU is never what they expected and they dont believe in Cro.

Comment

Atkinson and Gibbons go from a 10 point freshman year to plus 30 sophmore year...
                  ..you have to stick around for Sophomore yr for that don't ya.. ?

I got the vibe on here.. that you are a tool
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Lots of guys leave early, I heard the same thing about York 15 years ago that kids don't get better under him. All BS. Kids left cause the think they are better than they really are. On another note, rumor is that NU has a few kids in the pipeline for next year that coudl make some heads turn. Hopefully that is true.
                    Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan09 View Post
                      witt should start next season. Just sayin'.
                      this!
                      GO NU!
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Cronin say it ain't so.
                        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

IMO, Cronin doesn't look good here. He already worked under a cheater at Maine and didn't seem to learn any lessons. Now he's gonna leave NU high and dry because of his own mistakes? Good coach, but doesn't seem to be a character guy.

Comment

This stuff is getting annoying because there's been exactly 0 people quoted or referenced in any of these articles. Let's be honest, this is probably the same rumor that happened a while back and nothing happened, and this reporter happens to take the rumor more seriously. If we've been hearing about this for over a month and nothing's happened while Cronin is recruiting and traveling around, then I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

let's play the waiting game.

i hate the waiting game.
                              Arenas Attended
                              Matthews Arena
                              Agganis Arena
                              Tsongas Arena
                              Lawler Arena
                              Schneider Arena
                              Mullins Center
                              TD Banknorth Garden
                              Conte Forum
                              Whittemore Center
                              Gutterson Fieldhouse
                              Alfond Arena
                              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

He's not leaving, he actually really likes it here and loves his next two classes which just got better with Saproni now.
                                Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Working...
                                X