Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
    Madigan's already doing work!
    Maybe it's my cynicism, but plucking Cody from bc and now this guy from the Q, does anyone else get the sense that something fishy might be going on in our recruiting other than poor phone plan management? I know I know this is baseless, it's just interesting that the past two off seasons we've gotten a guy who had previously committed to a team then magically switched.
    Arenas Attended
    Matthews Arena
    Agganis Arena
    Tsongas Arena
    Lawler Arena
    Schneider Arena
    Mullins Center
    TD Banknorth Garden
    Conte Forum
    Whittemore Center
    Gutterson Fieldhouse
    Alfond Arena
    Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
      Maybe it's my cynicism, but plucking Cody from bc and now this guy from the Q, does anyone else get the sense that something fishy might be going on in our recruiting other than poor phone plan management? I know I know this is baseless, it's just interesting that the past two off seasons we've gotten a guy who had previously committed to a team then magically switched.
      I don't think so. Cody wanted more playing time and Manson is making a no brainer. Who would rather play for Qunnipiac in the ECAC instead of Northeastern in Hockey East?
      Last edited by SkinsFan09; 07-29-2011, 10:14 AM.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

I don't think so. Cody wanted more playing time and Manson is making a no brainer. Who would rather play for Qunnipiac in AHA instead of Northeastern in Hockey East?
        Quinnipiac is in the ECAC.

Pure speculation, but I believe Manson came here for the chance to play this year. I think the Q had him for 2012, not positive though.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies of NU View Post
          Quinnipiac is in the ECAC.

Pure speculation, but I believe Manson came here for the chance to play this year. I think the Q had him for 2012, not positive though.
          Oops, I'm multitasking. I meant the ECAC. Either way HE >>> ECAC. And the Q did have him for 2012. But he looks to be an offensivly skilled defenseman which makes sense since he was converted. He knows with our D corps depleted he'll get lots of playing time against top competition in arguably the best conference in the nation (WCHA).
          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Let me assuage your concerns. This is a case where the boy decommitted from the Q (Heisenberg missed that bit of history) BEFORE he called us to initiate and to inform us of his interest. We cleared the matter with the Q coach BEFORE we pursued the matter.

As it happens, this could be a great bit of recruiting and opportunism by Sebastien. The kid is big, rangy RD who can skate like a forward, which is what he was before last year. From what I can tell, he climbed the learning curve very quickly. By the time the playoffs rolled around he was considered the top D on his team when they played Vernon.
            We need help on D and have only one other RD. He could be just what the Dr. ordered.

IIRC, he ws drafted - about 100 picks before Haar.

Incidentally, he comes with a pedigree as his father, Dave Manson, was a really hard-nosed NHL defenseman who had a lengthy and successful career with several NHL teams.
            Last edited by Ryecheers; 07-29-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Oops, I'm multitasking. I meant the ECAC. Either way HE >>> ECAC. And the Q did have him for 2012. But he looks to be an offensivly skilled defenseman which makes sense since he was converted. He knows with our D corps depleted he'll get lots of playing time against top competition in arguably the best conference in the nation (WCHA).
              His numbers are from the BCHL, so let's take that with a grain of salt as that is a "fun and gun" league, something that steve spurrier would enjoy watching .
              Arenas Attended
              Matthews Arena
              Agganis Arena
              Tsongas Arena
              Lawler Arena
              Schneider Arena
              Mullins Center
              TD Banknorth Garden
              Conte Forum
              Whittemore Center
              Gutterson Fieldhouse
              Alfond Arena
              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

His numbers are from the BCHL, so let's take that with a grain of salt as that is a "fun and gun" league, something that steve spurrier would enjoy watching .
                Jesus, don't make me re-live the horror. Of course who am I to complain, it's poor Patrick Ramsey who had to get murdered every play. Regardless, good this late in the game to get a 6th rounder.
                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                  Let me assuage your concerns. This is a case where the boy decommitted from the Q (Heisenberg missed that bit of history) BEFORE he called us to initiate and to inform us of his interest. We cleared the matter with the Q coach BEFORE we pursued the matter.
                  Thanks for clarifying this point. This young man followed the recruiting rules and so did NU.
                  Heisenberg often reports useful and accurate information so it is a valuable resource. However, he does not attribute the information he posts to a source so I view his listings as rumor until another reliable source (e.g., team website; newspaper; certain blogs) independently reports it. Also, by only posting a player's name, date of "commit", receiving team and current team, he is unable to report important background information - such as the fact that Manson decommitted from Quinnipiac before approaching NU.
                  Heisenberg used to maintain a very informative blog called "NCAA Hockey Recruits" (http://hockeyrecruits.blogspot.com/) but the last entry was in June 2007. It would be great to see him revive the blog.
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Talk about "looking a gift horse in the mouth"!

I prefer to think that a very good defenseman from a "fun and gun" league is a very very good defenseman.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                      Talk about "looking a gift horse in the mouth"!

I prefer to think that a very good defenseman from a "fun and gun" league is a very very good defenseman.
                      haha, don't get me wrong, I'm pretty excited about this guy, I was just saying these stats aren't equivalent to USHL stats which aren't equivalent to EJHL stats which aren't equivalent to ect ect. And I just wanted to make a Steve Spurrier joke for Skinsfan.
                      Arenas Attended
                      Matthews Arena
                      Agganis Arena
                      Tsongas Arena
                      Lawler Arena
                      Schneider Arena
                      Mullins Center
                      TD Banknorth Garden
                      Conte Forum
                      Whittemore Center
                      Gutterson Fieldhouse
                      Alfond Arena
                      Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

This sounds like a nice replacement
                        Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Super.. now we can all stop being Mad i gan
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Nice to see Madigan's already earning his keep with Manson. The BCHL is admittedly a secondary league in comparison to USHL, but a lot of good Canadian kids who would put good numbers in the USHL are in the BCHL instead. Another offensive defenseman is always great to see, and makes me worry less about defense this year.

Incidentally, we replaced a 3rd to last draft pick on defense with a 6th rounder, take that for what it's worth

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                              Nice to see Madigan's already earning his keep with Manson. The BCHL is admittedly a secondary league in comparison to USHL, but a lot of good Canadian kids who would put good numbers in the USHL are in the BCHL instead. Another offensive defenseman is always great to see, and makes me worry less about defense this year.

Incidentally, we replaced a 3rd to last draft pick on defense with a 6th rounder, take that for what it's worth
                              Good pick up. It might be considered a secondary league by the masses but not by the college coaches. Very good league and has put out a ton of high end D 1 players as of late. Hockey East was littered with them last year. Collins, Bigos, Santana, Gill just a few.

Chad Galloway was from there as was Beau Bernnett.

Good players are good players.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post

Give credit where credit is due. Sebastien did the work here. He was the entire coaching staff for nearly six weeks until last Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X