Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Originally posted by chase.ma View Post
    I'm actually not a huge fan of the "Mad Dog House". I understand that after this offseason the Dog House is mad, but changing the name doesnt quite make sense, no need to change a classic IMO

As for our team for next year I think it will be a 4-9 spot team, if everything goes right, Rawlings/Witt stand on their collective heads, all the underacheivers step up, then we might slide into the 4 spot. On the other hand I could actually see the team missing the playoffs if Madigan can't motivate the team and they buy into the doom and gloom sob story that surrounds the program right now. Bottom line is the loss of freshmen in minor in comparison to the whole 1st line + Brodie + 1st Round NHL draft pick. The loss of these recruits will hurt more next year and the year after that when they would have been counted on to play a big role on the team. It makes Madigan's recruiting over the next 1-2 years even more important.
    It's not officially going to be changed. And it has nothing to do with that. It's because Madigan is back and as we know, his nickname when he played here was Mad Dog.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

BTW SkinsFan, I hope you appreciate how we sent Fat Albert (Haynesworth) up there to keep you company.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        BTW SkinsFan, I hope you appreciate how we sent Fat Albert (Haynesworth) up there to keep you company.
        I've already thanked the Pats fans at work for taking him off our hands.

Any word on other recruits like Adam Reid?
        Northeastern Huskies

Comment

UNH thread has a poster claiming Heisenberg has Kovacs as going to Western Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
            I've already thanked the Pats fans at work for taking him off our hands.

Any word on other recruits like Adam Reid?
            Reid is staying at Dubuque for the 2011-2012 season, but is sticking with Northeastern. And yes, Heisenberg has Kovacs at WMU, so he's good and gone.

Comment

JM was on campus with someone wearing a USA Hockey shirt today.
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                Reid is staying at Dubuque for the 2011-2012 season, but is sticking with Northeastern. And yes, Heisenberg has Kovacs at WMU, so he's good and gone.
                I thought Reid was coming this year?
                Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                  I thought Reid was coming this year?
                  Heisenberg has him pushed back a year. I wouldn't mind because he was more of a grinder and this might be a good opportunity to put up some points and skill, but with what we've lost I'd prefer him here this year.

Comment

Originally posted by chase.ma View Post
                    As for our team for next year I think it will be a 4-9 spot team...
                    Really went out on a limb there.
                    I'd bet the house they'll finish 1-10.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Really went out on a limb there.
                      I'd bet the house they'll finish 1-10.
                      Wasn't saying I'm betting they finish there, obviously. I'm pointing out the fact that we are no different than 3 or 4 other HE teams this year, things come together and you can get home ice, nothing works out then you miss the playoffs. NE has always been a team of highs and lows, with little consistency, this year I think that will be even more evident. Everyone is expecting them to mail it in finish 7-8, and they could do that, and no one would think twice.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                        JM was on campus with someone wearing a USA Hockey shirt today.
                        I hope he was short fellow who decided to stay for a few years.

Comment

Again, the Doghouse is staying the Doghouse. Mad doghouse is just a play on words in response to the hire, nothing more.

I just wanted to say the Rawlings/Luongo comparison is dead on.

I too am optimistic about the season in spite of the chaotic past couple months. I'd like to see us challenging for 4th place and home ice in the HE QF, that may or may not be so I don't have to play $90 again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                            I hope he was short fellow who decided to stay for a few years.
                            The kid's making the rounds:
                            "Up at University of Vermont" 1 hour ago. (https://twitter.com/#!/johngaudreau03)
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Heisenberg showing Josh Manson will be here for the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies of NU View Post
                                Heisenberg showing Josh Manson will be here for the fall.
                                Madigan's already doing work!
                                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Working...
                                X