Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    Listen up, Judd, I have no idea if you are correct, but if it is, someone would have told you in confidence - and you just violated it. I hope your source is smart enough not to make the same mistake twice!

The same goes for Hokydad, who desparately needs to show people how smart and connected he is.
    I think you're making an important point here, Ryecheers. There seems to be a new standard being set by informed sources who post on their own blogs and twitter pages. Examples include Chris Peters, Ryan Kennedy, Ryan S. Clark, Judd Bracket, Skip Berry and Greg Drinnan. First, they have publicly identified who they are, what their background is and what organization they are affiliated with. Second, they often identify the source of the information they are making public so the reader can verify for themselves the validity of the report. In an age when instantly available "information" can be true or false, used or misused, I'm more comfortable with their approach.
    Last edited by C-H-C; 07-27-2011, 11:42 AM.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
      Thanks Craig for advancing the discussion.
      So, a recruit who has signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) to play for a college is allowed to "go shopping" for other offers from any other school but no other school may initiate contact with the signed player.
      A recruit who has given a verbal commitment to play at a college, but not yet signed a LOI, can be contacted at any time and in any manner by the coaches of any other college.
      Does that sound about right?
      http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....bal-commitment

That implies that is correct, and the lack of contact is more of an unspoken agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
        I had the impression that we let him out of the NLI weeks ago, but that he is still intending to come to school.

There are more rumors surrounding BC than you can shake a stick at. Some of their supporters claim that they are going to get both Haar and Kovacs. Not likely that they get both. Now it's Gaudreau. Why? because he's smallish? Why we simply turn over our entire recruiting class to BC, and then let them give back to us the ones they don't want!!
        Seems to me that BC should think about chaging its mascot from an eagle to a vulture. I thought Hockey East discussed tougher policies a few years back about poaching other team's recruits? Or was that just talk that was never implemented?

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
          http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....bal-commitment

That implies that is correct, and the lack of contact is more of an unspoken agreement.
          Very interesting article. Thanks GoNU5. Seems like the 'gentlemen's agreement" to not recruit players who have made a verbal commitment may be breaking down.
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by pgv View Post
            Seems to me that BC should think about chaging its mascot from an eagle to a vulture. I thought Hockey East discussed tougher policies a few years back about poaching other team's recruits? Or was that just talk that was never implemented?
            Hahahahaha. Poaching? Are you kidding me with this stuff? Kids that want out of a commitment and contact other teams are completely fair game. They are on the market and not poachable. Otherwise, the kid is committed and off limits.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

This sucks! This is gonna be Cronin's first year all over again. They'll win more than 3 but not many more. I like Jim Madigan and he will be a good coach, but we are starting over, AGAIN! Just so frustrating!
              Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                This sucks! This is gonna be Cronin's first year all over again. They'll win more than 3 but not many more. I like Jim Madigan and he will be a good coach, but we are starting over, AGAIN! Just so frustrating!
                Don't worry, its just a rebuilding year....something Crowder used to say every year it seemed
                "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Always doom and gloom.

Look, could this season be brutal? Yes. Everyone knows it. It's undeniable.

However, this team has solid talent returning. Everyone is saying we were so top heavy in scoring last year, and we were. But Wade and Tyler had to carry so much of the load because the now junior class underachieved like hell. Quailer, J. Daniels and Vermeesch all underperformed, a lot, a whole lot. That kind of production will result in single digit wins. If they actually play the way they are supposed to, we could sustain an acceptable offense with the addition of Saponari and Tuckerman coming back.

Defense is certainly thin. Unless we bring in someone last second which we may have to do, looks like we may have to split Eibler and Bitteto to form average pairings.

The fact of the matter is, people will have to grow a pair and play up to their potential. The junior class is a huge key to the season. I mean Justin Daniels had what, 6 points last year, less than half of what he had his freshman year. And 0 goals, 0. He did fight injuries but that is no excuse. So of course we had to rely on Wade's 42 points. Doubt J.D. could possibly be that ineffective again (God forbid anyway...).

Who knows, maybe under Madgian players will actually progress as they get older like they are supposed to. I mean Paul Thompson goes from 12 points his freshman season to 50+ without Butler.

As for goaltenders, at least with a new coach we'll see a battle hopefully for who deserves to start. Witt is very consistent. He needs more playing time. In all the games he played last year, the goals he allowed were either absolute snipes or goals that teams had to work their butts off for. No gimmes like Rawlings who is the Roberto Luongo of the NCAA; red hot or terrible.

Anyway, point is, let's wait until we figure out the final roster before we start whining about how bad we are going to be, even if it seems somewhat inevitable.

Love having a coach that actually was at NU when we had a legitimate standard of success and who has won a Beanpot, HE title and has made the Frozen Four.
                  Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                  Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Garrett Haar will be staying in the USHL this year.

per his Twitter
                    Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Hahahahaha. ...Kids that want out of a commitment and contact other teams are completely fair game...
                      I wasn't aware that the definition of "commitment" had changed. Makes me wonder if the meanings of "honor," "honesty," "integrity," and "ethics" have also changed.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        I wasn't aware that the definition of "commitment" had changed. Makes me wonder if the meanings of "honor," "honesty," "integrity," and "ethics" have also changed.
                        When the two coaches who recruit you leave, after which both had said on the record more than once they were staying, those 4 words you mention have zero meaning. Both AO and GC were 100% the direct and only contact they had with the school and team. To think an 18 or 19 year old has to "honor" that commitment is absurd.

Huskies’ Cronin staying
                        By John Connolly
                        Wednesday, April 27, 2011 -

E-mail Print (0) Comments Text size Share
                        Northeastern University hockey coach Greg Cronin yesterday shot down an unconfirmed report that he was leaving his position with the Huskies to take an unspecified job with an unnamed AHL franchise.

Cronin was tracked down in Innsbruck, Austria, where he was traveling with Team USA while en route to the world championships in Slovakia.

“I have no idea where it’s coming from,” Cronin said. “I have nothing to comment on.”

When asked if he plans to return to NU, Cronin answered simply, “Yes.”

“As far as Northeastern is concerned, nothing has changed,” Huskies spokesperson Mark Majewski said. “We’re not addressing a rumor. We have no comment.”

“Coaching in a city like Toronto, which is just dripping with hockey, I thought is a wonderful opportunity,” Cronin said during the Leafs’ press conference. “The timing of this opportunity is just perfect for me, and I’m thrilled to be here in Toronto.”

Comment

The Dog House is already being re-branded as Mad Dog House.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Gaudreau is meeting with Madigan. Starting from scratch. Good sign. Madigan is a great seller.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                              Gaudreau is meeting with Madigan. Starting from scratch. Good sign. Madigan is a great seller.
                              Hope you're right. It would be a big feather in his cap coming just a day or so into his tenure and, more importantly, a portent of things to come.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I met him a few days ago. Great guy.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Working...
                                X