Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Gaudreau ain't coming.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Coming.. not coming.. we're dealing with change, so let's deal with it.
      We gotta support the folks that want to be here, enjoy it, that play hard, play together as a team. Rest will sort itself out. We'll be alright.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
        Gaudreau ain't coming.
        What is your source and who was your English prof. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
          What is your source and who was your English prof. ?
          Gaudreau's own twitter feed says he got a release from NU, but is looking to play at a college next year.
          Last edited by GoNU5; 07-27-2011, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
            Gaudreau's on twitter feed says he got a release from NU, but is looking to play at a college next year.
            BC or bust

Comment

(1) Top recruit John Gaudreau reneges on his commitment to NU (confirmed on his twitter account) and may be playing for BC this fall (Hokydad's predictions usually are accurate so they must be based on reliable insider information).
              (2) It is alleged that Quinnipiac's top recruit for 2012, Josh Manson, is considering reneging on his commitment to QU in order to play for NU this fall.

Are there NCAA rules designed to prevent one college program from tampering with another college's committed recruit?

In Gaudreau's case, my understanding is that he was free to decommit from NU because of the change in coaches.
              ~ Would a player give up on a commitment to one program if he had no idea whether the college he really wants to play for would be interested in securing his services?
              ~ How does a player such as Gaudreau find out whether the program he wants to play for will offer him a position?
              ~ Is the player (and advisor) allowed to make contact with perspective colleges before he decommits?
              ~ Is one program allowed to initiate contact with a player committed to another college?
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Where is the Manson stuff coming from? Basically, looks like the coaching change set us back a recruiting class. Oh well, deal with it.
                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

I had the impression that we let him out of the NLI weeks ago, but that he is still intending to come to school.

There are more rumors surrounding BC than you can shake a stick at. Some of their supporters claim that they are going to get both Haar and Kovacs. Not likely that they get both. Now it's Gaudreau. Why? because he's smallish? Why we simply turn over our entire recruiting class to BC, and then let them give back to us the ones they don't want!!

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    Are there NCAA rules designed to prevent one college program from tampering with another college's committed recruit?
                    Yes, but the recruit is still allowed to initiate contact with another program, and it only affects signed or enrolled athletes (verbal commitments are outside the purview of the NCAA).
                    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                      Yes, but the recruit is still allowed to initiate contact with another program, and it only affects signed or enrolled athletes (verbal commitments are outside the purview of the NCAA).
                      Thanks Craig for advancing the discussion.
                      So, a recruit who has signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) to play for a college is allowed to "go shopping" for other offers from any other school but no other school may initiate contact with the signed player.
                      A recruit who has given a verbal commitment to play at a college, but not yet signed a LOI, can be contacted at any time and in any manner by the coaches of any other college.
                      Does that sound about right?
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                        I had the impression that we let him out of the NLI weeks ago, but that he is still intending to come to school.

There are more rumors surrounding BC than you can shake a stick at. Some of their supporters claim that they are going to get both Haar and Kovacs. Not likely that they get both. Now it's Gaudreau. Why? because he's smallish? Why we simply turn over our entire recruiting class to BC, and then let them give back to us the ones they don't want!!
                        Hey you guys already got Ferriero (who may be the worst of the bunch). And Saponari, though he really doesn't count because BC did want him but it wasn't meant to be.

Kovacs is a new one to me...

Certainly Haar is interested as we saw with quotes about McPhee calling York. And it seems like Gaudreau being interested in BC is also reliable info. Then you have rumors about BC kicking Tiefenwerth to the curb (where he could end up at Sacred Heart), perhaps to free up money for one of several of these other guys.

I don't know where BC is going to get all the money to add these guys at the last minute. But they have been very smart and thrifty with their money over the past several years and have managed to add great depth in this manner so perhaps money is there for one or more of these guys. This year they definitely could use the help at forward and slightly for defense (if Macleod, Shea, or Alber become unrealiable) and it will greatly increase depth when their monster classes from 2012 and 2013 arrive. The window for a national title could open up a year earlier than expected down the road if they can grab a few of these guys and they end up performing well for the Eagles.

edit - just realized Kovacs was a forward.
                        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 07-27-2011, 10:52 AM.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

The rumors about both kids came from BC loyalists. I seriously doubt thaat Kovacs will wear Maroon and gold. Haar - maybe, though I don't see where BC would offer him a lot of playing time unless he has improved massively over the summer. If he is smart - he'll rebuild his bridges to NU which has had significant losses from their D corp in recent weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                            Thanks Craig for advancing the discussion.
                            So, a recruit who has signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) to play for a college is allowed to "go shopping" for other offers from any other school but no other school may initiate contact with the signed player.
                            That's the way I remember it, but it may be more restricted than that, to where the other school can't talk to him even if he initiates contact. When I have a chance, I'll have to check back to the D1 manual.

A recruit who has given a verbal commitment to play at a college, but not yet signed a LOI, can be contacted at any time and in any manner by the coaches of any other college.
                            Does that sound about right?
                            This part is definitely right. Particularly in football, coaches have been known to comment that a verbal commitment just tells them who the competition is.
                            Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                            Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher
                              Josh Manson
                              Listen up, Judd, I have no idea if you are correct, but if it is, someone would have told you in confidence - and you just violated it. I hope your source is smart enough not to make the same mistake twice!

The same goes for Hokydad, who desparately needs to show people how smart and connected he is.

Comment

I was surprisingly ok with all the decommits and departures... until Gaudreau. I was expecting that kid to step in a la Reid last year, perhaps even more of an immediate impact.

I doubt fellow NU fans need any perspective right now, but to put it plainly, we're down an entire line's worth of forwards and a defensive pair with all the decommits and departures.

Madigan's got a lot of work to do...
                                On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                                If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Working...
                                X