Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

[QUOTE=Ryecheers;5166210]Paolo,

Your comment is a bit puzzling to me. If I understand correctly, it was Sebastien and Albie who spearheaded his recruitment and really "sponsored" Justin. Perhaps Cro watched his highlight films and eventually came to appreciate his skill set.[/QUO We had a conversation after the Friends meeting told me that he wanted Albie to find another Jason; took him 2 years, but he finally came up with one (Kovacs).
    Also disappointed to hear his assessment of Rob Dongara. Weak, not the type of build that can put weight on, just an average stick, but I know that he is a great worker who will go to the net again and again!
    On my way to Ogunquit, hope when I return NU will have a new coach and the roster is the same.
    Toronto has the best Chinese restaurants in North America; 80% of my clients are Chinese and my office manager will send Greg a list of the best ones; he will have to find the Italian restaurant on his own.
    TE]

Comment

Hey, off topic, but I was wondering if there's an air hockey table anywhere on or around Northeastern's campus. I'm hanging out with a 15 year old tomorrow and every air hockey table I know of is in a 21+ establishment.
      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
        Hey, off topic, but I was wondering if there's an air hockey table anywhere on or around Northeastern's campus. I'm hanging out with a 15 year old tomorrow and every air hockey table I know of is in a 21+ establishment.
        Be careful, Hokydad reads these threads...
        time to write new history

Comment

[QUOTE=roma;5166495]
          Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
          Paolo,

Your comment is a bit puzzling to me. If I understand correctly, it was Sebastien and Albie who spearheaded his recruitment and really "sponsored" Justin. Perhaps Cro watched his highlight films and eventually came to appreciate his skill set.[/QUO We had a conversation after the Friends meeting told me that he wanted Albie to find another Jason; took him 2 years, but he finally came up with one (Kovacs).
          Also disappointed to hear his assessment of Rob Dongara. Weak, not the type of build that can put weight on, just an average stick, but I know that he is a great worker who will go to the net again and again!
          TE]
          He also had some inappropriate comments about J Daniels. Cro often ignored diplomacy when speaking about individual players in public. If a player ran (skated) through a wall for him, it was because he couldn't stop in time. His trashing of Dongara made no sense. He actually made fun of the kid's speed saying that he's be skating in the parking lot if there weren't boards on the rink to stop him. It was the same comment he made about Brian Esner. I happen to disagree with him about Dongara. The kid played his heart out and surprised everyone. He may be a late bloomer and is fun to watch. He also has his share of flair and personality off the ice.

The fact is that Cronin had really checked out mentally. His pep talk was pretty mild. He deferred to Sebastien in describing the recruits. He allowed that wasn't going to leave NU for a job in the AHL. Then the next day, he told his assistants about his plans to leave. Five days later, we all learned about it. People do and say strange thngs when they have an "agenda". Unfortunately, you can't usually find out their agenda no matter how you search the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post

His trashing of Dongara made no sense..

The fact is that Cronin had really checked out mentally..
            Agree.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Cronin, didnt check out mentally he kind of gave up, big differance..he did what was best for his career at this stage, with a legit shot to coach in the NHL someday. These opportunities don’t come often in life. I was never a huge fan but he was the best coach since Fern, so what can you do. NU is a tough place to coach, you have the big dogs across the Fenway and BC up in the Heights. He made the team competitive but he dint build a legacy or powerhouse he was a sub .500 coach with some good ties to recruiting and we got a few good kids during his tenure. I think he got more of his relationship with NU then we the fans or even the players he coached received. He takes some sort of credit for the rink renovation, the wheels for that were in motion under Crowder so no credit can be given their, to that extent we will just have to find someone good. I really wish the best for him, but did you really see him becoming the next Jerry, Jack or Dick..I don't think so. The problem is that it's July and skaters come back next mo. So they had better figure this thing out. Contrary to popular belief it's not like there are a million qualified coaches looking to come to NU,. Anyway, if you don’t know my touch points tell me that behind closed doors all was not well with Roby and Greg. I will go out on a limb here unless you have an AD willing to take a back seat to his coaches you will never have national caliber sports teams in any sport regardless of the candidates prior resume. I think the recruiting violations isse and the way it was handled left a bitter taste, I wont go into detail, but if NU had done exactly what UNH had done to Dicky U, I am not sure we would be without a coach today. I have to tell you I say give Sebastian a shot at it. I think he is the most logical candidate as an interim coach if they cant find one and if he can have a good transition year sign him to a short 3 year deal. I mean he did a pretty good job during the suspension. Well back to Manheim..talk to you all in October!

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                Try the game room in Curry Student Center. I don't know if visitors can use it but it's worth a shot, especially since it's summer.

Cro was obviously sour on Dong because of the hat he wore to the banquet.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ryecheers;5166788]
                  Originally posted by roma View Post

His trashing of Dongara made no sense.
                  It makes perfect sense. All he can do is skate. Much like Esner. One dimensional player who fans love because they see the flash, but there is no substance to his game.

On the hand J.Daniels has the substance, he just cannot figure out how to get it out. Maybe the next coach can.
                  DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post

All he can do is skate..

I'll take that
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Satanic Husky View Post
                      Try the game room in Curry Student Center. I don't know if visitors can use it but it's worth a shot, especially since it's summer.
                      Thanks!
                      #NewMass

Comment

So any updates? WHo's gonna be the new coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                          So any updates? WHo's gonna be the new coach?

Here you go (hit play & he'll introduce himself) .... & you're welcome

http://www.todaysbigthing.com/entertainment/2011/06/17

GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Let's lay off the birthday boy at least for today.

Comment

So in 27 minutes it will be July 9th and still no coach. Take your time Roby, no big deal. This is the ONLY sport that that school that even somewhat matters.
                              Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Steve.. Cronin left 18 days ago..
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X