Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

I think this is good, helps build up his resume when he goes to recruits, to be able to say he's worked for Team USA, NHL, AHL, etc. I think he stays, working with Team USA to me implies he doesn't plan on uprooting himself, and he has the time and commitment to work with the US National Team.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
      I think this is good, helps build up his resume when he goes to recruits, to be able to say he's worked for Team USA, NHL, AHL, etc. I think he stays, working with Team USA to me implies he doesn't plan on uprooting himself, and he has the time and commitment to work with the US National Team.
      It’s definite; Greg Cronin will be coaching at NU next year.

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
        It’s definite; Greg Cronin will be coaching at NU next year.
        Haven't seen hokydad chime in...can't be definite

Comment

Announced 20 minutes ago by AD Roby: Brodie Reid is leaving. This is without a doubt the biggest loss this team could be hit with this offseason and honestly I am speechless right now. This move makes no sense on Brodie's part aside from the lure of some quick cash. He is not ready to be a professional athlete and it is very, very disappointing. This team is gonna greatly suffer from losing this kid. In the words of Ron Burgandy, "I'm in a glass case of emotion!" right now.
          Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

ugh.. if true, you're right.. makes no sense. Of course no one knows what situation he (his family) is in. I will say this.. it has become part of coll athletics & hockey is no different.

Look what Sebastian LaPlante had to endure & we did okay. I think with Tuckerman back.. we'll be alright. Of course would love Reid to change his mind. However, this is not the end of the world.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by smalogna View Post
              Announced 20 minutes ago by AD Roby: Brodie Reid is leaving. This is without a doubt the biggest loss this team could be hit with this offseason and honestly I am speechless right now. This move makes no sense on Brodie's part aside from the lure of some quick cash. He is not ready to be a professional athlete and it is very, very disappointing. This team is gonna greatly suffer from losing this kid. In the words of Ron Burgandy, "I'm in a glass case of emotion!" right now.
              do you have any more details?
              Originally posted by Bakunin
              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

It's Cronin's job to convince.. /point out the benefits of staying additional time.. but as Jack Parker just attested in his recent interview.. kids today.. not so easy to convince.. so many different distractions.. it is a tough sell once they've made up their minds (and who knows what mindset he/family is in).

What's ironic is i think he left his team in Canada & went to play for Lincoln (Neb), on Cronin's advice..

G'luck to him, no doubt he had a solid yr as freshman just when the frosh started to click. Better to find out now than much later.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                  do you have any more details?
                  It has just been confirmed by College Hockey News that San Jose is the destination for Reid. Makes sense, the Sharks love drafting Huskies.
                  Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water..

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...s_pro_deal.php

again g'luck.. hope he develops to his full potential.
                    This cannot hurt recruiting.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Well, counting Reid, that's 57 of 108 goals scored not returning (53%) and 138 of 288 total points not returning (48%).... Offensively, we're screwed...
                      Originally posted by Bakunin
                      Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Gonna rely heavily on some players returning to form and a deep freshman class.
                        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

you can probably chalk this up to not following northeastern too closely (unless they are playing BU), but I never really noticed reid much. he was obviously outshadowed by guys like mcneely, macleod and silva, of course, but was he really that good?

the fact that San Jose would want to sign an undrafted player after a freshman year with only 28 points makes me a little worried about coyle leaving too, not going to lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
                            you can probably chalk this up to not following northeastern too closely (unless they are playing BU), but I never really noticed reid much. he was obviously outshadowed by guys like mcneely, macleod and silva, of course, but was he really that good?

the fact that San Jose would want to sign an undrafted player after a freshman year with only 28 points makes me a little worried about coyle leaving too, not going to lie.
                            Reid had one of the best shots in HE this year. Personally, I'd put only Abbott and Atkinson ahead of him from what I saw. I wouldn't be too worried about this meaning anything for Coyle. I think it was a situation where the Sharks saw someone they wanted and decided to go after him while he was still available instead of hoping he was still there next year. They already own Coyle's rights, so there's no reason to rush to sign him.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                              Well, counting Reid, that's 57 of 108 goals scored not returning (53%) and 138 of 288 total points not returning (48%).... Offensively, we're screwed...
                              ..good point.
                              All we need is 'one diamond in the rough'.. someone to step in & step up.. hopefully it'll make some of the difference. Those numbers don't lie. I see a lot of 1 goal gms (win, lose), again nxt season. Hopefully goaltending is better than this season & it'll carry us through.

Ask North Dakota if one player can make a difference..
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Sucks to lose Reid. You guys had a nice finish to the season. Will be interesting if losing those seniors that had great seasons is crushing or if you become like UNH and have another batch step up next year. Your recruiting has been excellent recently for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X