Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

I doubt they come back, I think Mike McMahon was just mentioning the remote possibility of their return. I wouldn't be surprised if the new hire talked to them and tried to get them to recommit. But again, at this point I'm not sure if we want them.

I agree with other posters in that this year depends on who we already have, and whether they can step up (and also if Saponari can play strong from the start). Haar was never going to come supposedly until the next year, and Gaudreau needed size anyway. If our new coach can hit the ground running, sign some promising talent for the next few years, I think we'll be able to remain on the right track.

Really, I see this upcoming season as being either really good, or really bad. If Quailer, Tuckerman, J. Daniels, and Vermeesch step it up we could be looking at 2 or 3 great offensive lines. On the other hand, we could still face stagnant production and a thin blue-line. Being the optimist, I'm hoping for the former, and think Northeastern could still make a run at a good record this year with what we have. Again, I'll reserve further judgement until I see who the coach is and what he can do with what's left with the offseason.

Comment

Some good news. An extremely reliable source tells me that John Gaudreau personally reaffimed to us that he intends to attend NU this fall. He'll be on campus for an orientation session during the next few weeks.

Haar not likely. No NLI in place for an appropriate reason. Everyone else appears to be solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
        Some good news. An extremely reliable source tells me that John Gaudreau personally reaffimed to us that he intends to attend NU this fall. He'll be on campus for an orientation session during the next few weeks.

Haar not likely. No NLI in place for an appropriate reason. Everyone else appears to be solid.
        What? Confused? Was it the talk he and his family had with Roby?
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          T
          Not to mention, despite some defending the AD, they handled this poorly. They new Cronin was going, the original rumors were likely true, they just kept it under wraps and the recruits don't trust them now.
          So you know exactly when Cronin got the offer to coach in Toronto? Was it before or after he helped coach the US team a few weeks back? Or was it after the season ended, or was it last week?

They hid nothing. Roby knew Cronin wanted to go at some point, that he was not a lifer. Cronin needed an offer, needed the right offer, and off he went. Until the offer comes, he is still the coach at NU. If no offer had come, he would still be the coach at NU.

NU, Roby, athletic department did nothing wrong here. Until Cronin had dotted the I's and crossed the T's, the last thing they should have done was say he was out. That was due respect to Cronin in case Toronto had last second change of feelings or a better offer came in, and Cronin has done the same to NU in how he has left. Has he bad mouthed the school at all? Outside of commenting he did not like all the administrative details of being the head guy, no. I would bet he is one of the people going forward whoever is running NU athletics turns to in situations like this, and would not be surprised if Roby uses him to help find the next guy. He is still a NU guy.

Again, at what point is he supposed to leave when a job offer does not come up until now? Should Cronin and NU have parted ways back in April? Cronin unemployed, giving NU more of a chance to find a head guy? Would that have changed anything that went down this weekend?

Stop looking for scapegoats people. This has been done as up and up as one could possibly hope. Thank Cronin for how he built a great foundation and hope the next guy can take it even farther.
          DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
            What? Confused? Was it the talk he and his family had with Roby?
            Don't know. Didn't ask. I was told that it was confirmed by the boy on the phone, not a parent.

Comment

If true...very good news! NOW....make Sebastien the Head Coach....and we are right back on track. Then talk Albie into staying. Bring on the season!

Comment

I can sleep tonight.

Comment

He's in, he's out. Now he's out, he's in. In. Out. I'm waiting for the news that Cronin will decommit to the Maple Leafs and return to Northeastern only to leave again and get replaced by Bruce. Who'll obviously bring cupcakes for everyone.
                  THEDOGHOUSE alum

Comment

The news keeps changing, I thought Haar confirmed right after the draft that he was coming now he isn't? I don't think anyone really knows and we will just have to wait and see
                    Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Ryecheers, I only tell you this one time.... Don't **** me......don't you ever try to **** me.

:P
                      Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                        The news keeps changing, I thought Haar confirmed right after the draft that he was coming now he isn't? I don't think anyone really knows and we will just have to wait and see
                        Haar changed his mind and informed NU yesterday. Being drafted (very late) has apparently gone to his head. He was six spots ahead of "Mr. Irrelevant". He is still 17 and we all know the mature decisions that kids of that age are capable of. His adviser, (Ryan Clark probably) may have suggested that he should do another year in Fargo in hopes of being noticed by a WCHA team and playing closer to home. Good luck!
                        Last edited by Ryecheers; 06-27-2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                          100% Correct, right now this is all speculation. Think about being an 18yo kid in this situation. They probably have 10 different opinions of what is "best" for them coming from every friend, family member coach, and now the team that drafted them. Unfortunately a lot of things have been said that don't reflect positively on our chances of them honoring their original LOI’s. Even without Haar/Gaudreau we have a pretty good entering class if you look at NU's recent recruiting record. And who knows what these guys are going to bring. Sometimes you get an undrafted player who turns into a first line player (See Ryan Ginand) and outperforms drafted players (think Daniels / Quailer potentially).

I think the main goal is to get a coach who can really recruit well. I also wouldn’t mind seeing a little less dump and chase. After this season, we really don’t lose much and do not have many players entering; we need to recruit for ’12-’13 and beyond, and we are lucky in that regard. So contrary to popular belief, this team is not in as bad of shape as we are making it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                            Ryecheers, I only tell you this one time.... Don't **** me......don't you ever try to **** me.

:P
                            What in the world are you talking about???

Comment

Probably this:

Comment

I'm talking about telling us Gaudreau is coming and come on haven't you seen Scarface?
                                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Working...
                                X