Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
    I have absolutly ZERO faith that Roby will make a good hire. So the fact that they had three players drafted yesterday and those three are all running for the hills is OK? They have never had a class like this with ready makde talent ever and they are losing them. Yeah you ar enot its no reason to worry.
    Why would you not have faith in Roby? What decisions has he made that have hurt hockey?

Cronin left for a better job. Just like anyone else would. The timing might suck, but this is the season when assistant coaches get hired. Not in December, or October, or April. Late Spring early Summer. So two recruits decide they do not want to come now. Wah! Let's not ring the bell and count our squad out yet. Or think its another 4 years until we do something again.

This is not the same type of team that Cronin took over when he got here. There is talent in place that can do some things. Let us wait until the new guy takes over, meet him, and go from there.

And do not bother with all these internet articles out there! IF the Gaudreau family feels the need to talk to every blogger out there, let him go. NU is going about its business correctly, with a closed tight ship. Seems that those outside the program are the ones running their mouths, or even those just associated with it but have yet to suit up. All of a sudden there are all these NU "experts" out there. Kinda funny how that works.

edit: As for Saponari, top 2 line guy. Even if Gaudreau comes, your not going to give him top line minutes where Saponari belongs. Imagine him riding with Quailer and Cody, or Vermessch, etc. Why waste his talents on the third or fourth line where freshmen play?
    Last edited by Huskies01; 06-26-2011, 09:57 AM.
    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

According to a high White Horse souse, Haar has reiterated his committment to coming next fall. He was picked in the early part of the last round. He should go to college to improve his game. The coaches are expecting him to run one of the PP units.

One fewer source of rumors. I think we have enough uncertainty to bat around.

http://www.csnwashington.com/06/25/1...mp;feedID=9656

Comment

From Kevin DuPont's column in the Globe today. "People in both pro and college hockey are hoping Boston College assistant Mike Cavanaugh lands the Northeastern job vacated by Cronin. Cavanaugh has served as Jerry York’s right-hand man since 1995. He deserves to run his own show."

Comment

Glad to see Haar with us, I'd rather have a top D-man than a small forward all things considered (though having both would be nice).

As for Cavanaugh, if we can't get LaPlante, or can get LaPlante to stick around as top assistant, than getting him would probably rate as one of the better choices. If the Globe is correct he has a lot of support in the pro and college games. He's done a lot of top notch recruiting, something that will always benefit us, and he coached the special teams in BC, which is something Northeastern always needs help on. Best case scenario is we keep O'Connell and LaPlante, but with every passing day we have a coach makes it less likely O'Connell sticks around.

Comment

All is not lost, we will find a new coach and press on. We can't control who comes and goes. We will just have to wait and see and as far a Mr Cavavaugh, we need to look nationally now not regionally it's anyones call. It could be a guy form the pros, hockey east or someone form out west. Let's face it both Jerry and Jack are well beyong NRD (Normal Retirment Date) and Cavavnaugh is the prime candidate for the BC job, I don't want him here for 3 or 4 years and then see him take the BC job. We also need an NU guy!

Comment

We have a top former BC assistant running the Hoops program. Exactly how has that worked out? The program has a pulse, but thats about it.

This is a national search with an excellent in-house candidate, and who knows who else applying. Cronin more or less came out of nowhere last time, he certainly received no mention in the Globe and was panned by Hockey East writers as a tough hire when it happened. Also, wow, a Globe writer touting a BC assistant? I think its written into their contracts they have to every time a college job opening happens around here.

Roby probably already had a list in place of people he would like to go after, now he waits to hear who else is interested, some background checks, long weekend either at his Cape House or Lake House in NH, where ever he goes for the 4th, comes back rested with his Top 3, and goes after them.

Mid July and we will be no worse for wear.
              DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                According to a high White Horse souse, Haar has reiterated his committment to coming next fall. He was picked in the early part of the last round. He should go to college to improve his game. The coaches are expecting him to run one of the PP units.

One fewer source of rumors. I think we have enough uncertainty to bat around.

http://www.csnwashington.com/06/25/1...mp;feedID=9656
                That article's not working but it's probably for the best as Haar has come out and said he is NOT coming to Northeastern in the fall as per Ryan Clark who spoke with him today. He said he's going back to USHL (so is Gaudreau) and is looking at bu, Denver, NoDak, Minn and UMD for next year.

No use crying over spilled milk. I just want a coach right now.

Comment

Sucks but it is what it is. Time to move on and focus on what we do have. Exactly Satanic: most important thing for us right now is to find a new coach.
                  Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                  Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

And to think I once wondered how we'd fit all these players in the lineup...

Comment

don't know if this has been posted or not, but this was quoted in the Washington Post in an article about the Caps' draft picks: http://twitter.com/ryan_s_clark/stat...45053524934656
                      time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        don't know if this has been posted or not, but this was quoted in the Washington Post in an article about the Caps' draft picks: http://twitter.com/ryan_s_clark/stat...45053524934656
                        At least he put the ECAC in it's proper place.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          Good, and I hope he regrets his decision after NU powers through this season as a dark horse.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

MikeMcMahonET Mike McMahon

Haar and Gaudreau could conceivably still end up at Northeastern. Would want to talk to the new hire, I'm sure. De-committed for now.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                              Good, and I hope he regrets his decision after NU powers through this season as a dark horse.
                              This is the attitude to have. Optimisim

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post

Haar and Gaudreau could conceivably still end up at Northeastern. Would want to talk to the new hire, I'm sure. De-committed for now.
                              This is not the attitude to have. Blindly ignoring reality
                              And lets face it, would you even want to have them back if they decommited once?

Not to mention, despite some defending the AD, they handled this poorly. They new Cronin was going, the original rumors were likely true, they just kept it under wraps and the recruits don't trust them now.

I think NU still does alright this season. They were good prospects, but even good prospects are lucky to pop in 20 pts over the season. As good as Gaudreu was in the USHL I don't see him putting up more then 25 in HE. This will hurt in two years when these guys should have been Juniors/Seniors and major contributers. That's when it will really hurt. But this season, next season should be fine. Now, if Saponari goes somewhere else, well I think it might be a rough season.
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Everyone worries about our offense but I just cannot see Quailer/Daniels/Vermeesch under-performing that much again. Quailer at least had half an excuse because he was coming off knee surgery. Tuckerman returns and that's 20 points right there.

Plus Bitteto and Eibler are very skilled offensively and can chip in.

The key for NU is to stay freakin' healthy...and to start Clay Witt.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Working...
                                X