Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Tegeler (a umass commit) and Gaudreau were trash about the first game. Very frustrating that just over a week ago he was all gung-ho to be here

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
      Tegeler (a umass commit) and Gaudreau were trash about the first game. Very frustrating that just over a week ago he was all gung-ho to be here
      without knowing the rest of what they were talking about, why bother reading into it?

And why lose sleep over one kid? There will be other recruits!
      DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
        Would you be kind enough to translate this for those of us who only speak traditional American.
        A disappointing change of events. A Twitter post from Gaudreau a week ago stating NU was gonna blast UMass in our home opener.

The sooner we get a new coach, the better.
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

to the point that he makes an assinine of himself.:
          Um, ...... nevermind

No coach is going to allow a recruit to decommit so that he can sign with another team in the same league.
          But what if you don't have a coach? Not to mention, my understanding is it's actually up to the school not the coach.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            But what if you don't have a coach? Not to mention, my understanding is it's actually up to the school not the coach.
            I would doubt they would let him go to a big Hockey East school. If he wants to go to the talentless pit this is UMASS, let him. they play such an anti-offensive game, he would be lucky to hit 20 points.

If he goes, which again, we would survive, its not a Comm ave school or one in Maine or UNH.
            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

I still believe letters of intent are not as strong on the player as we would like....normally if a player has played on a teams roster, I believe he can leave but he has to sit out a year before going to any other NCAA school...BUT...I believe this penalty does not apply if the recruiting coach leaves and the recruit has not actually played on the team. So...unless I'm wrong...a player can leave without penalty and there is nothing the school can do under this limited circumstance to keep him from going to another school.

And remember, Gaudreau is young...even if there was a one-year penalty...he could choose to play this out at Debuque. This happens all the time.

Comment

The players can leave, but cannot receive any scholarship money except for the team that they had signed with. So if Gaudreau has signed with NU he can leave and can play for another school next year but cannot receive any scholarship money for the 2011-12 season
                Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Again, sorry to see all this happening to the NU fans. UNH has had its share of recruits not enroll over the last couple of years. It sucks.
                  http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...in_further.php
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

As a Husky fan it is certainly sad to see, but I cannot blame any of the recruits for backing out when the coach they expected to be playing for darts from the program.
                    "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Lets calm down again. Its two possible recruits, and maybe Jaime, who might have been gone anyway, even if Cronin was coming back.

Not the end all be all people.

NU has had recruits switch out before. Marshall to UVM, other kids went Major Junior. The program is not going to dip to 10th place next year or the year after.

Relax.
                      DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                        Again, sorry to see all this happening to the NU fans. UNH has had its share of recruits not enroll over the last couple of years. It sucks.
                        http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...in_further.php
                        It absolutly sucks to root for this team

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                          It absolutly sucks to root for this team
                          Not at all! It's gotten very interesting.

I don't know exactly why, but I have this feeling of paranoia. It's feels as though someone or something is conspiring to upset our plans.

Mr. Roby has a wonderful opportunity to show his leadership, to protect the franchise, to make a smart hire and to show the world that our program is not one to be trifled with.

Let's hope he moves quickly and decisively.

Comment

After having time to let it sink in, I'm learning to deal with Gaudreau. First of all, Joe Meloni of CHN mentioned that he might not be able to sign with a HE school, which was what was so worrisome to me, that it would weaken NU whilst strengthening a rival. Second, of the other schools Gaudreau had originally considered before deciding on NU, only UNH was in HE. He might very well end up at one of those other schools, playing for Yale, Princeton or Dartmouth. And I think the biggest thing is how the Gaudreau decision has impacted the feelings on Cronin leaving. Maybe not necessarily here, but with the NU fans I've talked to today, people are more at Cronin saying he screwed up the program, swiping this highly anticipated recruit class from under us when he went to Toronto. Yeah, it sucks having Gaudreau (and maybe Haar) dangled in front of our eyes then suddenly yanked away, but without Cronin, they wouldn't have considered NU in the first place. Maybe I'm not (as) optimistic about this season as I was 24 hours ago but there's no reason to lose hope just yet.

Comment

Although I am new to this NU site....I agree with Huskies01 and Satanic Husky and the Rye-man...the loss of Gaudreau and maybe Haar and even Oleksiak DOES NOT KILL this program....good recruits, I believe, will remain...Saponari, Kovacs, Karlsson and Reid...AND remember we still have an excellent core of returning players...I think Vermeersch, Quailer, etc. are nothing to sneeze at! Maybe our recruits will have to step up a little quicker...that's all. And Saponari is really an experienced HE guy. He would work great with Kovacs...and, although as opponents...they are familiar with each other from the top four USHL programs. Karlsson played well for Green Bay...also one of these top four. The only big question mark will be the coach...it is him that will have to fit with the players, I think...not the other way around. That is one reason I am so high on Sebastien taking over the program and doing everything to keep Albie!
                              Last edited by canada1; 06-26-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Not at all! It's gotten very interesting.

I don't know exactly why, but I have this feeling of paranoia. It's feels as though someone or something is conspiring to upset our plans.

Mr. Roby has a wonderful opportunity to show his leadership, to protect the franchise, to make a smart hire and to show the world that our program is not one to be trifled with.

Let's hope he moves quickly and decisively.

I have absolutly ZERO faith that Roby will make a good hire. So the fact that they had three players drafted yesterday and those three are all running for the hills is OK? They have never had a class like this with ready makde talent ever and they are losing them. Yeah you ar enot its no reason to worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X