Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Originally posted by canada1 View Post
    Ryecheers....Have you formed any additional thoughts on Oleksiak now that you know which team drafted him? Cool on the "shooting %" analogy.

For the record:

Gaudreau Debuque .234
    Kovacs Cedar Rapids .160
    Saponari Debuque .092
    Karlsson Green Bay .090
    Reid Team USA .086
    I think Oleksiak comes back to NU for another year UNLESS Dallas insists that he go to Saginaw (OHL) or he actually makes the Dallas roster.

As for Gaudreau: Don't ya just love it when a bu fan is so jealous of an NU recruit to the point that he makes an assinine of himself. bernie corbett (the bu radio homer)interviewed Gaudreau this winter and flatulantly asked him why he chose NU over bu and BC. The kid's answer made it clear that he was rather mature for someone so young.

Gaudreau has signed an LOI and has developed a fine relationship with Sebastien LaPlante, (who knows a little bit about playing LW himself). No coach is going to allow a recruit to decommit so that he can sign with another team in the same league.

Wait! I've got it! jackie p could offer a package deal for Gaudreau and Saponari with a job for Sebastien as jp's heir apparent. Please hold your breath waiting for that to happen. The odds against it are at least 10,000-1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
      I think Oleksiak comes back to NU for another year UNLESS Dallas insists that he go to Saginaw (OHL) or he actually makes the Dallas roster.

As for Gaudreau: Don't ya just love it when a bu fan is so jealous of an NU recruit to the point that he makes an assinine of himself. bernie corbett (the bu radio homer)interviewed Gaudreau this winter and flatulantly asked him why he chose NU over bu and BC. The kid's answer made it clear that he was rather mature for someone so young.

Gaudreau has signed an LOI and has developed a fine relationship with Sebastien LaPlante, (who knows a little bit about playing LW himself). No coach is going to allow a recruit to decommit so that he can sign with another team in the same league.

Wait! I've got it! jackie p could offer a package deal for Gaudreau and Saponari with a job for Sebastien as jp's heir apparent. Please hold your breath waiting for that to happen. The odds against it are at least 10,000-1!!!
      Yea...., I don't think Parker wants Saponari back anytime soon. And please stop jumping to conclusions, there has been no evidence that JG is headed to BU. He is looking at two schools and it's possible that BU is neither of them. Heck, he's probably more likely to head to BC than BU as he seems like that atypical small, speedy type forward that York loves.

Comment

Oh well. Not like we lost Brett Hull to Duluth. Move on and focus on those who are coming in.
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

I'd love it if we could just jump to September so we don't keep hemorraging recruits. Not going to be happy if this story keeps repeating itself for the next 2 months

EDIT: CSN Washington is saying Haar will stay with us. At this point I'll believe it when I see Haar say something
          Last edited by GoNU5; 06-25-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I think there is a rule in the NCAA that if there is a head coaching change from the coach that did the recruitment and the recruit has NOT played for the recruiting team....he is free to decommit AT HIS OPTION...even if there is an L.O.I. Would be surprised if Gaudreau bolted but would have expected him to go back to Debuque rather than another college program. Hope it doesn't happen...BUT...if it does....I'm not so sure it is that great of loss. I've watched a number of Saints games and although I too believe he has great skills....he needs some growth if possible and at least a lot more muscle weight...vis-a-vis Rocco Grimaldi. Really not yet strong in the corners and can be moved off the puck....I believe he would have had trouble with older, more developed college players that have good speed! Just my opinion from watching perhaps a dozen games.

Comment

FedFedRMNB Fe(yo)dor Fedin

Newest Caps prospect Garrett Haar commits to Northeastern University.
              43 seconds ago
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by canada1 View Post
                I think there is a rule in the NCAA that if there is a head coaching change from the coach that did the recruitment and the recruit has NOT played for the recruiting team....he is free to decommit AT HIS OPTION...even if there is an L.O.I. Would be surprised if Gaudreau bolted but would have expected him to go back to Debuque rather than another college program. Hope it doesn't happen...BUT...if it does....I'm not so sure it is that great of loss. I've watched a number of Saints games and although I too believe he has great skills....he needs some growth if possible and at least a lot more muscle weight...vis-a-vis Rocco Grimaldi. Really not yet strong in the corners and can be moved off the puck....I believe he would have had trouble with older, more developed college players that have good speed! Just my opinion from watching perhaps a dozen games.
                I believe the NLI is an agreement between the college and the athlete NOT between the athlete and the coach. BTW Sebastien was involved in the recruiting.

I, too, saw a fair number of Saints games and have reached many of the same conclusions as you have. I hope he doesn't collide with Jamie or Bitteto in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post

43 seconds ago
                  What was your source?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                    What was your source?
                    Twitter.

-----------------------------

CSNWashington

http://www.csnwashington.com/06/25/1...12&feedID=9656

SEVENTH ROUND
                    Garrett Haar
                    Draft pick: No. 207 overall.
                    Position: Defense.
                    Height/Weight: 5-11/190.
                    Birthdate: Aug. 16, 1993.
                    2010-11 team: Fargo (United States Hockey League).
                    2010-11 statistics: Scored seven goals and handed out 16 assists in 51 games.
                    Notable: Is headed to Northeastern University (Hockey East) this fall. … Will stay committed to the Huskies even though coach Greg Cronin recently resigned to join Toronto’s staff. … Grew up in southern California. … Said Director of Scouting Ross Mahoney: “Good skater, works hard, good compete level.”
                    Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyDreds View Post
                      I can't stop being doom and gloom about this team this year. I've convinced myself Cronin just sank this team and unless Scotty Bowman is walking through our head coaching doors (or Tim Army; same quality really) we are losing everybody this summer.

When does Olkesiak have to decide if he is playing in the OHL or NU by? Although in my mind, he already left Northeastern when he referred to Northeastern as "that program" in his press conference yesterday.
                      Calm down my friend. If this team had to rely on freshmen this year, we would be in big trouble, fact is, we are a team led by upperclassmen who will survive perfectly fine even if the great Gaudreau never makes an appearance on St. Boltoph Street.

Losing Jamie would hurt, but the team could survive that. Losing Jamie and Bitteto would be huge. Spend more time worrying about the guys coming back who would be sophomores then incoming freshmen. They are the ones that are going to make or break this upcoming season.

Personally, i would be more worried about Haar then Gaudreau. Puck moving dmen are alot harder to come by then tiny forwards who do not skate well but have + offensive skills when playing with a guy who has already won a NC, and another guy who is a top player going to UVM and is a beast himself. We already have guys who get knocked off the puck when the other teams breathe on them, do we need another right now?

The majority of this freshmen class is still coming. Hopefully the guys recruited for 2012 are coming too. There is a big forward, a big dman, and big goalie who will come in handy at that point in time.
                      DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Well, Gillies already reaffirmed his commitment to us, and I hope Darcy does the same due to his friendship with Gillies. McKee is a crapshoot,n since he was drafted by the OHL and has options. Since he wasn't drafted, I'm wonndering if teams recognize his need to work on his skating and defensive skills, which hoppefully encourage him to come here and work on them.

Comment

Head Coach announcement can't come soon enough..
                          July will be one to remember (positively speaking) Go Huskies!
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Sigh

johngaudreau03 John Gaudreau
                            @
                            @AndrewTegeler yeah northeastern kicks the **** out of umass
                            14 Jun
                            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

43 seconds ago
                              Nice to see something positive.

Comment

Sigh

johngaudreau03 John Gaudreau
                                @
                                @AndrewTegeler yeah northeastern kicks the **** out of umass
                                14 Jun
                                Would you be kind enough to translate this for those of us who only speak traditional American.

Comment

Working...
                                X