Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Originally posted by DividedSky05 View Post
    Just in case people didn't see it. In a press release after the end of the regular season, Commissioner Joe Bertagna revealed next year's end of the season matchups.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...103/mar7wr.php

We play @ bu / vs. bu to end the 2011-2012 season again on March 2nd and 3rd. All the other matchups change, ours doesn't, and next year is supposedly the start of a "new" 2 year cycle of scheduling.
    NU just won 3 out of 4 at the HAA. Not going to be an issue any more. Much rather have that then away for 2 at UVM or Maine.
    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

I'm not worried about winning at the library anymore, but it's a shame when most of our tough games are at the end of the year while students are on break. Wouldn't mind ending the year with a non-rivalry series. I realize they don't take individual school schedules into account when making season schedules but it'll be a little frustrating if those last 3 weekends are bc/UNH/bu again.
      -Adam

Northeastern Class Of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DividedSky05 View Post
        I'm not worried about winning at the library anymore, but it's a shame when most of our tough games are at the end of the year while students are on break. Wouldn't mind ending the year with a non-rivalry series. I realize they don't take individual school schedules into account when making season schedules but it'll be a little frustrating if those last 3 weekends are bc/UNH/bu again.

I am sure the school is hoping the same thing, weak crowds.
        Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Good to see Macleod score his first goal in his period of AHL action last night. I have my doubts that he skates well enough to be an effective AHL player but I would love to be proven wrong.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            Good to see Macleod score his first goal in his period of AHL action last night. I have my doubts that he skates well enough to be an effective AHL player but I would love to be proven wrong.
            His skating will not be an issue. The fact for the first time since he came to NU, he has a shot at playing with an actual center that can pass the puck. That is going to blow his stats up even more, because for what he accomplished at NU, he never did it was pass first center that could actually pass. And I am not talking puck hogs, i am talking about putting the puck where he can actually get it and do something with it. Because the few times it happened, it ended up in the back of the net
            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Good for him. Fyi, his team is at the Worcester Sharks this Saturday (7pm) if anyone has the time. I am sure a few Huskies will be in attendance to watch/ support him. Anyway, g'luck to him.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Thiessen: http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...essen-recalled
                On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Thnks for posting.
                  good for him.. here's another link

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=557116

..never know what happens in the big show
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

fun year, i think this is my favorite team yet (following for 3 years). No heart breakers where we gave up a lead in a big game, i felt lke we were in every big game we played and played well in all of them, overall a really fun year, semi-optimistic about next year, ill post more later...
                    Arenas Attended
                    Matthews Arena
                    Agganis Arena
                    Tsongas Arena
                    Lawler Arena
                    Schneider Arena
                    Mullins Center
                    TD Banknorth Garden
                    Conte Forum
                    Whittemore Center
                    Gutterson Fieldhouse
                    Alfond Arena
                    Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Anyone have any idea re. nxt season's schedule? Who are some of the OOC teams we play? Any tourney dates confirmed yet? thanks
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        Anyone have any idea re. nxt season's schedule? Who are some of the OOC teams we play? Any tourney dates confirmed yet? thanks
                        Feb 6 vs BC 8PM
                        Feb 13th 4:30/7:30

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                          Feb 13th 4:30/7:30
                          ..ask Rawlings what time suits him ..'er better
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            ..ask Rawlings what time suits him ..'er better
                            I'd rather ask Witt...
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

we play home and home against bu at the end of the year again.
                              Arenas Attended
                              Matthews Arena
                              Agganis Arena
                              Tsongas Arena
                              Lawler Arena
                              Schneider Arena
                              Mullins Center
                              TD Banknorth Garden
                              Conte Forum
                              Whittemore Center
                              Gutterson Fieldhouse
                              Alfond Arena
                              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Cronin to assist U.S Men's Nat'l team in Europe..

http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...1_03&id=285450
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X