Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    If all that is true, why do the Maine posters spend so much time posting "Fire Timmay" messages?.
    Most 'real' fans love Tim Whitehead. So I would just ignore the others.
    He is a great coach and an educator. The players that have played for him have really developed as players and quality individuals. He is an excellent coach and role model. But I would be shocked if he left Maine.

Comment

Kind of surprised that LaPlante and O'Connell are getting most of the talking up here. Does anybody else think that Mike Cavanagh, Mark Dennehy and (maybe) David Quinn are the guys to consider?

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
        Kind of surprised that LaPlante and O'Connell are getting most of the talking up here. Does anybody else think that Mike Cavanagh, Mark Dennehy and (maybe) David Quinn are the guys to consider?
        all good coaches

Comment

I hope Laplante gets the nod. He knows the team, the hockey scene, the league, our long term focus etc. No long adjustment period with him. Actually, he will in turn need to hire someone (plural), to help him with recruiting, defense etc. as there will be less time on his plate, if he were to get the nod.

My other choice would be....
          nevermind, i actually want to stick with the NU guy .

ps: Peter Roby knows Harvard well & can help Albie one way or another with his decision. Hopefully that works out for both sides as well.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
            Most 'real' fans love Tim Whitehead. So I would just ignore the others.
            He is a great coach and an educator. The players that have played for him have really developed as players and quality individuals. He is an excellent coach and role model. But I would be shocked if he left Maine.
            Why?.......NU would be a pay increase. Plus he gets to run a program in BOSTON, maybe the most prime recruiting location in the country. I'm rooting for Whitehead to get the job.......he is an outstanding coach and has proven it with his multiple Frozen 4 appearances.

Comment

Oh, you Maine guys! You're like Frat guys trying to dump a bad date at a party: "Go ahead, dance with her. She's a swell gal!"
              No, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
                most 'real' fans love tim whitehead. So i would just ignore the others.
                He is a great coach and an educator. The players that have played for him have really developed as players and quality individuals. He is an excellent coach and role model. But i would be shocked if he left maine.
                timmay!

Comment

Blaise MacDonald on the short list for the NU job.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    Do you have any knowledge or are you just reporting what USHR said? I would probably lose a whole lot of hope should he get the job, we need someone new, not someone going for their 3rd HC job

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                      Do you have any knowledge or are you just reporting what USHR said? I would probably lose a whole lot of hope should he get the job, we need someone new, not someone going for their 3rd HC job
                      Someone in the AD would have to be brain dead to hire MacDonald. I don't think there is any chance whatsoever of this occurring unless the blogger happens to be employed in the NU Athletic Dept.
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                        Good joke.

SHORT list. Get it!?
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I agree 110%. We better be right!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                            Most 'real' fans of other teams love that Tim Whitehead is at Maine.
                            I think that's what you meant to say?

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                              I agree with the three you mention as being the best candidates. Personally I think neither LaPlante nor O'Connell are not ready to take over a program like NU. No offense to either of them, they just aren't in the same league as the other three you mention. The reason I think Mike Cavanaugh is the man for the job is he will be committed to NU Hockey. Quinn wants the BU job and Dennehy wants the BC job, let's not kid ourselves. Although Cav has been at BC for 15 years, he is not a BC guy, he is a Jerry York guy. He didn't go to BC, and other than having a hand in providing them with 3 NCAA titles, he has no ties there. Furthermore, he has been the best, most consistent, division 1 college hockey recruiter in the country for the last 15 years. Being a natural recruiter and having Yorkie as a coaching mentor, the guy has all of the skills to take NU to an elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                                . Personally I think neither LaPlante nor O'Connell are not ready to take over a program like NU.
                                Please confess: You were an English major at bu.

It happens that Cavanaugh interviewed for the NU position six years ago. While I can't claim to have been there, someone who was thought he did poorly. Time passes. Individuals grow and mature. You may be right that it is his time to shine. He certainly is a capable recruiter, but really, how hard is it to recruit kids to BC? Is he a "Xs and Os" guy. Is he the motivator and psychologist that is behind the BC success? Has he been allowed to develop those skills by Jerry? IMO, Of the three gentlemen you mentioned, he is the only one likely to be both an applicant and a viable candidate.

Between the two assistants, I don't think that Albie will be a candidate. In fact, he may be moving on to Harvard. While Cro has received credit for great recruiting, Albie and Seb have spent a lot of time on the road doing the spadework and introductions. A great deal of the work has been delegated to them.

OTOH, Sebastien, at 40, has been around the coaching for a while. He was a terrific player for us and was a four year Academic all star as well. The alumni know and like him, as do the people at the U. (including Roby, from what I have observed). The kids also like him, relate to him and, most critically, they appear to be willing to play hard for him. Lastly, he views the job as a lofty career goal and would probably grow old in the position if his efforts met with reasonable success.

Comment

Working...
                                X