Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 VI- Red Dead Redemption

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I admit it, I laughed. This is a new experience for us, the late March drive-by first post trash talker.
    Get used to it, we had some fun last year before the first round with our UND folks. I hope and pray you have the same result as old Elihu did!
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Get used to it, we had some fun last year before the first round with our UND folks. I hope and pray you have the same result as old Elihu did!
      We are fortunate and blessed by their presence. No one knows more about everything than UND folks, doncha know.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockchops View Post
        I need help figuring out a way to watch Saturday's game here in Raleigh, North Carolina. I checked espn3.com - their channelfinder applet indicates that my ISP, Time Warner Cable, is not an espn3.com affiliate, and therefore I cannot access espn3.com content! Do any of you suspect that I'll be able to catch this game on any other syndication channel? I have a friend here who has DirecTV. I thought my chances would be good there.
        I suspect it will be on one of the Fox College Sports channels, which are available on Timewarner. It will almost certainly be available on Fox Sports North, or similar, which is available on DirectTV.

Comment

Wow! What is it about my post that would suggest "trash talk"? I was just stating 1 big fact that has been missed by you guys. That being an extremely good goaltender. As for it being my first post on USCHO, you got me there. Which must mean I have no idea what im talking about. Everyone on this board had a 1st post. But Im sure they were all much much better than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by SIOUXperfan! View Post
            Wow! What is it about my post that would suggest "trash talk"? I was just stating 1 big fact that has been missed by you guys. That being an extremely good goaltender. As for it being my first post on USCHO, you got me there. Which must mean I have no idea what im talking about. Everyone on this board had a 1st post. But Im sure they were all much much better than mine.
            You make many assumptions, grasshopper. And you know what happens when you assume.

Christ, we shouldn't even bother to show up on Saturday. What with such facts as "All your talk about having a hot golie [sic] who can steal a game is funny" and "Your defense will not win this game for you."

Comment

My how high RPI's horse has got after squeeking into the NCAA tourney. Us little NoDak folks can barely see you guys way up there.

Comment

My how high RPI's horse has got after squeeking into the NCAA tourney. Us little NoDak folks can barely see you guys way up there.
                We're the ones on a high horse?

This is epic.

Comment

Please try not to step on us as your walk through the regional.

Comment

Please try not to step on us as your walk through the regional.
                    Your words, not mine. You're the only one guaranteeing a victory around here.

So tell me, super genius, how much do you know about RPI? Do share, I'm quite interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      Your words, not mine. You're the only one guaranteeing a victory around here.

So tell me, super genius, how much do you know about RPI? Do share, I'm quite interested.
                      I have never claimed to be a "super genius" but thanks for the compliment.
                      What I know RPI.......

Finished 6th in the ECAC
                      8 players over 10 goals, 0 over 15...Tells me not a Strong offense
                      26th in the nation in offense...........Tells me not a Strong offense
                      7th in the nation in defense...........Tells me you rely on defense to win games. Hense my previous statement that D will not win the game for you.

Comment

I have never claimed to be a "super genius" but thanks for the compliment.
                        What I know RPI.......

Finished 6th in the ECAC
                        8 players over 10 goals, 0 over 15...Tells me not a Strong offense
                        26th in the nation in offense...........Tells me not a Strong offense
                        7th in the nation in defense...........Tells me you rely on defense to win games. Hense my previous statement that D will not win the game for you.
                        So in other words, you know nothing except for what you've tried to divine (and failed, from the looks of things) from looking at numbers. Go ahead, you can admit that you really don't know anything about RPI. Without looking - how many Hobey Baker candidates do we have and if we have any, who are they? What's our goaltender's name and what happened to him in February? Where are we from? Have we ever done anything relevant? Where did North Dakota win their first ever national championship, and how many times have you been there? I threw that last one in there to see if you were paying attention, I'm sure you must know that one, after all, you're a SIOUXperfan!

Remember, without looking. Good luck sport!

EDIT: Aww, he left without answering these simple questions. D'oh.
                        Last edited by Red Cloud; 03-21-2011, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Now you are getting comical. This went from me suggesting to not overlook our goaltending to all of the sudden I need to prove my "SIOUXperfan"ness to you. That is just funny.

Comment

Now you are getting comical. This went from me suggesting to not overlook our goaltending to all of the sudden I need to prove my "SIOUXperfan"ness to you. That is just funny.
                            You're the #1 team in the country, numbnuts. What exactly did you expect us to "overlook?"

Simple questions, but if you can't answer them, you can't answer them. I'm a little shocked that you can't at least answer the last question, it's about your own team.

Comment

I thought ac was not a bad place to watch hockey. most of the crowd was there for thier team Cornell had less than usual Yale had more than usual colgate and dart had a few supporters but very few showed up without a team to support . we were ther some slu fans but i dont think they got any Philly or NYC crowd or alumni like the walk up crowds at the diet pepsi arena. Yale was dominant. it was funny watching shaffer screaming and complaining about a missed icing call or penalty when his team could not compete. Cornell goalie looked shellshocked when pulled. Might have been a mistake to play him but the result would not have benn different if Garmin started. Dart skated all around the cornell team and managed to successfully hit the goalie with all their shots it wasnt a matter of great saves almost a 2-1 shot advantage. Stayed at Harrahs. If they want to comp me tickets for next years games (aka RPI invite) i would be happy to accept. Could not eat at the white house sub place. Line was out the door and no place to park at 2pm.

Comment

"numbnuts"? Didn't your mother teach you any manners? If i was a fellow RPI fan I would be embarssed by the way you carry yourself and the direction you've taken this thread. This is a hockey thread not a how much does SIOUXperfan! know thread.
                                As I stated before I don't claim to be a super genius. Following a team in the WCHA does NOT give me tons of access to the great hockey power that is RPI, but since learning of the matchup I have been trying to learn as much as possible. I could answer 75% of your questions you just threw at me without doing any research after the fact like you requested but the great thing is I DONT have to prove myself to you.
                                btw, since your username is "RedFrog", does that mean you are literally a red colored frog?

Now back to the topic at hand and directed to everyone who is not an oddly colored amphibian,
                                A hot goaltender alone will not win you this game. RPI needs to bring a big offense to get anything past the 2nd ranked nationally, and WCHA Champion Goaltender. Again, I say this now because i have not seen anything discussing how to get pucks past Aaron Dell. The only reasons for this would be because....
                                1. The fans have not thought about it and it has been overlooked or
                                2. The fans dont think RPI will have a problem getting anything passed him.

Comment

Working...
                                X