Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 VI- Red Dead Redemption

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    That would be exciting, but lets get past UND first.
    I for one think that we have a great chance in this game. UND has eight loses, they can be beat. When we were healthy and playing our best, we were in the top ten in the country.
    We are rested and I believe healthy again. This is a much closer game than anyone thinks, because they only see the last six weeks of the season.
    We will be going in fresh and ready. I am looking forward to a good close game. And a game like that, York could be the difference.
    LETS GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EHF-Yes ND has 8 losses-but when did they occur? They have been pretty consistent lately.(13 without a loss)
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

question about PWR - what is the rationale for removing the head to head results from the record vs TUC results, beyond not counting games twice?

Games are counted twice if they are part of both Record vs TUC and Record vs COP, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        EHF-Yes ND has 8 losses-but when did they occur? They have been pretty consistent lately.(13 without a loss)
        They're due.

Comment

Two things that may work in RPI's favor: (1) Everyone in the building except the ND fans will likely be rooting for RPI, and (2) No ECAC refs!

Comment

Congrats to the Engineers on getting to Big Dance! RPI is DEFINITELY capable of a win here, and York may well be the catalyst. Yale learned that bitter lesson in late January. RPI is the ONLY team to beat Yale by more than a single goal!!
            Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            That would be exciting, but lets get past UND first.
            I for one think that we have a great chance in this game. UND has eight loses, they can be beat. When we were healthy and playing our best, we were in the top ten in the country.
            We are rested and I believe healthy again. This is a much closer game than anyone thinks, because they only see the last six weeks of the season.
            We will be going in fresh and ready. I am looking forward to a good close game. And a game like that, York could be the difference.
            LETS GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
              They're due.
              Overdue.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                The PWR may have its faults, but in the end, it's still objective. All 58 teams are placed against the same process, and I'd say with at least 90% probability, thanks to the work of those that came up with the PWR method and how successful it has been in predicting the teams, that each team knows (with calculations) what they must do in order to make the tournament. This year, we happened to work the system in our favor. I'm sure there may be other years in which we are the first ones out.
                There were several years when RPI was the first or second team out.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't know if all the articles were placed up on here, but it looks like Ed Weaver was REALLY busy last night. I'm just going to put http://www.troyrecord.com/sports because there are several articles. Chase, Tyler, Greg, CJ, John, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I don't know if all the articles were placed up on here, but it looks like Ed Weaver was REALLY busy last night. I'm just going to put http://www.troyrecord.com/sports because there are several articles. Chase, Tyler, Greg, CJ, John, etc.
                    Being that I don't look much at the Record in the off season, does anyone know what Ed Weaver writes about the rest of the year?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Erik B?

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...7259857111.txt
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        If the definition of a TUC had remained Top 25 RPI, then the Engineers would have been out because Qpac and Bemidji State (and RIT) would not have been TUCs anymore, flipping the Rensselaer-UNO comparison (since UNO went 1-7-1 against those three teams).
                        There are many things I do not understand about the PWR. My credentials as a PWR ignoramus are well-established.

However, I would have thought that "flipping a comparison" would only hurt if the comparison were between RPI and a lower-ranked team.

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, UNO, even with their 1-7-1 record against the three teams mentioned, made the tournament and was seeded higher than RPI. How could flipping the RPI-UNO comparison have resulted in the Engineers being out of the tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Being that I don't look much at the Record in the off season, does anyone know what Ed Weaver writes about the rest of the year?
                          ValleyCats.

By the way, I want to point out that RPI finished two comparisons ahead of Dartmouth at the end of the day. Flipping a single comparison wouldn't put them out of the tournament - and don't forget that leaving it at Top 25 would have had ramifications up and down the board.
                          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            There are many things I do not understand about the PWR. My credentials as a PWR ignoramus are well-established.

However, I would have thought that "flipping a comparison" would only hurt if the comparison were between RPI and a lower-ranked team.

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, UNO, even with their 1-7-1 record against the three teams mentioned, made the tournament and was seeded higher than RPI. How could flipping the RPI-UNO comparison have resulted in the Engineers being out of the tournament?
                            One counts how many comparisons with other TUCs that each team wins to order them. It is certainly possible that a team wins a comparison with a team above them which is balanced by losing one to a lower-ranked team.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DartmouthIndian View Post
                              Thanks for the replies. For all the "faults" of the PWR, it's hard to argue about the two regular season losses to RPI.
                              Exactly which is why I don't feel so bad about it. I don't feel bad about BU not making it for the same reason.

Comment

Monty name being bandied about for Michigan Tech head coach job
                                http://miningjournal.net/page/conten....html?nav=5010

waiting for RB to tell me to take it to alumni thread
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X