Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamie Russell resigns/future of small school hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie Russell resigns/future of small school hockey?

With Jamie Russell gone what is the future of a tradional small town school?

Do they have a future in the WCHA with the big ten forming?

Is this a good job or a bad job?

Who is the ideal canidate for this job?

Is there any candidates out there that want to build a program from scratch in the best confrence and academics in college hockey?

Re: Jamie Russell resigns/future of small school hockey?

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
    With Jamie Russell gone what is the future of a tradional small town school?

Do they have a future in the WCHA with the big ten forming?

Is this a good job or a bad job?

Who is the ideal canidate for this job?

Is there any candidates out there that want to build a program from scratch in the best confrence and academics in college hockey?
    Never like to see a coach leave on a sour note or a losing season, good luck Mr. Russell and good luck finding a new coach Tech.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Any candidates?

Comment

Rick Comley indicated that he wasn't sure that he was done with college hockey, just MSU. He and Renfrew, then Renfrew taking over in three to five?
        "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Scotty Bowman will come out of retirement....Tech will rise again!!!!
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I really hope Tech finds a good coach who can get that team playing. It's not a question of being a small school. There are small schools that have excellent programs. It is a matter of getting the right people in the right places. I feel Jamie Russell was dealt a bad hand in the last few years. He is still a bright young coach and he will land on his feet very soon.

I think Tech will get someone in there and they'll get better.
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
              Any candidates?
              Tim Army.

(just kidding)

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                Rick Comley indicated that he wasn't sure that he was done with college hockey, just MSU. He and Renfrew, then Renfrew taking over in three to five?
                That would not be a bad situation for michigan tech, Rick Comley is a great college hockey guy with two national championships with two diffrent programs. great choice if he wants it.

Comment

Newelll Brown could come back and finish what he started a few years ago he is still a well traveled assistant NHL coach

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Tim Army.

(just kidding)
                    Tim whitehead? Walt Kyle? tDon?
                    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                    2006-2007: 15-24-2
                    2007-2008: 20-20-4
                    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

What did we do to deserve a HokyDad of our own for the Tech fan base?
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                        This person has at least 3 aliases. sorry to feed the thread, I'll leave now.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          This person has at least 3 aliases. sorry to feed the thread, I'll leave now.
                          No I am new

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            You are all area clowns? I dunno...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Dear Board,

Please establish a minimum post count for starting new threads.

Thanks,
                              99% of the USCHO posters
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Working...
                              X