ECAC Finals attendance contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC Finals attendance contest

Alot of debate about how many fans may actually show up at the ECAC semi and finals in Atlantic City New Jersey. How about a little pool to keep attention on how bad this venue is for our conference. Here are the rules, guess the total attendance for each days sessions, as determined by the ECAC. Boardwalk Hall is said to hold 10,500 for hockey.

The winner wins the right to e-mail the ECAC Commissioner on behalf of the group. Remember, two games each session for two days.

My picks

Friday- 3,500

Saturday- 4,100
    Last edited by LTsatch; 03-17-2011, 12:45 AM.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: ECAC Finals attendance contest

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Alot of debate about how many fans may actually show up at the ECAC semi and finals in Atlantic City New Jersey. How about a little pool to keep attention on how bad this venue is for our conference. Here are the rules, guess the total attendance for each days sessions, as determined by the ECAC. Boardwalk Hall is said to hold 10,500 for hockey.

The winner wins the right to e-mail the ECAC Commissioner on behalf of the group. Remember, two games each session for two days.

My picks

Friday- 3,500

Saturday- 4,100
    Is this with or without the free tickets given to the hookers and their clients and drunks in AC???

Friday: 5600
    Saturday: If Cornell makes the finals 6500, if not 3200.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      Is this with or without the free tickets given to the hookers and their clients and drunks in AC???

Friday: 5600
      Saturday: If Cornell makes the finals 6500, if not 3200.
      Is 5600 a combined total for both games? Even that number was good for Albany.

Friday: 4500
      Saturday: 4000 (5000 if Cornell makes it)
      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Friday: 2960

Saturday: 3987

Comment

Friday- 3250
          Saturday-4400

Comment

Friday: 2150 (most of which will be Cornell)
            Saturday: 2500

Comment

Friday: 3,000
              Saturday: 2,000 (if Cornell doesn't beat Dartmouth) or 3,200 (if Cornell beats Dartmouth)

I really don't think there's going to be that many people there and I don't see that dramatic of an increase if we make it to the championship game. AC is just too far for most people.
              Let's Go Red!

Comment

friday 3300
                sat 3800
                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

My initial impression:
                  Friday: 10,500
                  Saturday: 10,500
                  But I'm including college hockey fans who would come if they happened to find themselves in AC that day and were given free tickets on the Boardwalk by desperate ECAC officials. Of course, most of them will come disguised as empty seats because they don't want their spouses catching them on TV.

A more realistic view;
                  Friday: 2637
                  Saturday: 2736

Vicb is right. I'm sure if you actually counted butts in seats the numbers will be dramatically lower than even this. I'd be surprised if the typical game had more than 2000, though that's probably around what the final game will have with the right matchup, ie a rematch of the 2009 final.

The grim view:
                  Friday: 350
                  Saturday: 350
                  4 teams times 20 players times 2 parents and, on average, two grandparents. Plus a few diehards.
                  Last edited by goblue78; 03-17-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I think what will help most is the draw from the Philly to DC area alums of the participating schools who feel that the tournament is more accessible than ever. It's way worse for me and I'm not going but it's way better for friends of mine who haven't been to the ECAC tournament since college because they live in the mid-atlantic. That said, Yale, Dartmouth, and Colgate don't exactly light the world on fire attendance wise.

Friday: 3850
                    Saturday: 5900 (with Cornell) or 2750 (without).
                    Give My Regards to Davy...

Comment

You know, GLM came out to the WCHA Final 5 last year, and was amazed and tried to relate to us the comparison to these eastern tourneys. I think I'm starting to sorta understand why.

4000? That's just....wow. Even with no WI or MN this year, and no UND today (they get a bye and play tomorrow night), I bet the Xcel gets 14-15K minimum for today's games. I guarantee the UND game will be a sellout (19K+), no matter who they play.

Is it population of the area? Is it the size/reputation of the conference?
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        You know, GLM came out to the WCHA Final 5 last year, and was amazed and tried to relate to us the comparison to these eastern tourneys. I think I'm starting to sorta understand why.

4000? That's just....wow. Even with no WI or MN this year, and no UND today (they get a bye and play tomorrow night), I bet the Xcel gets 14-15K minimum for today's games. I guarantee the UND game will be a sellout (19K+), no matter who they play.

Is it population of the area? Is it the size/reputation of the conference?
                        The location of the event is a big factor. None of the schools are near AC, and traveling in the east, due to the population density, is much slower than in the west. Also as you said the ECAC schools are smaller than the western ones, with the exception of Cornell which has 13,500 according to USCHO.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'll say 4,650 Friday and 5,100 Saturday; I'll guess that actual people in the seats will be 3,400 and 4,000
                          Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                          Clarkson 1990

Comment

I don't think the move to AC will have that big of an effect on attendance. I could be completely wrong, but I just don't see it making that big of a difference.

Friday - 4,500
                            Satuday - 6,500

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                              I don't think the move to AC will have that big of an effect on attendance. I could be completely wrong, but I just don't see it making that big of a difference.

Friday - 4,500
                              Satuday - 6,500
                              If RPI and Union made it, the attendance would be much greater in Albany. Since neither is there, it will make much less of a difference since Cornell fans travel well and the other three schools historically don't.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X