RIT vs Norwich final.
    RIT:2 Middlebury:1

Norwich:4 Gustavus Adolphus:2
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: RIT vs MIDD Norwich vs GA

Originally posted by valiantfan08 View Post
      D3 Final Four

RIT over Middlebury 4-3.

Norwich over GA 7-2

RIT vs Norwich final.

Hey Val, where u bin?

IMHO...

That's the book on this Natty. Not sure about the score spreads u have listed... but if she all goes according to Hoyle the final matchups are in stone... short of an upset.

RIT have been the June Brides all season. They deserve all the accolades and if they don't lift the cup ...it'll be deemed by most as an upset. The Tigers are playing an aggresive style of hockey..intimidating, playoff hockey all year long and if an opponnet has any hope to beat this squad they'll need to employ a controlled, disciplined game strategy and lean heavily on their PP for the upset. Still not convinced the RIT goaltending has been tested but must say...as a true believer in VooDoo, I gotta believe the recent postings by some of their fans on the RIT thread is a bad, bad omen ....

Not sure about the Panthers but Mandingo et. al. have proven they belong in Rochester... rattlling off a 14-1 win streak to close out their season. They scheduled tough NC games and are battle tested. Their only problem this year seems to have been their inability to spread their team scoring around however despite this.. all has been good for them as their 24 game #1 keeper sports a .950 save % and a 1.20 GAA. If Bloom is on her game and the Panthers PP can live up to their .238 PP ratio...it could be anybodies game in their first rounder.

Norwich continue to be well coached and have the horses to get it done. This team, for the most part has been here before as they played the game of their lives against Elmira last year and ended up gassed in the final against the eventual National Champs. A learning experience like no other. I said then....they are a year away and we'll see about my prediction. The Cadet defense and Fortin will really need to step up.

Gustavas...well. I can't help but feel if the will of their coach could ever be translated through to the product on the ice...nobody beats this team. Watching his pressers last year at the finals as his host team failed to live up to expectations was inspirational and painful at the same time. This coach cares as much or more than any other coach I've seen at this level. They will give er everything they have but unfortunately they are young and only the grace of god will propel them beyond the 3/4 matchup.

Good luck to all teams involved. Soak up the experience. Like they say...You might never be back...unless your Gustavas.
      Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 03-16-2011, 11:52 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        as a true believer in VooDoo, I gotta believe the recent postings by some of their fans on the RIT thread is a bad, bad omen ....
        By and large, I think we've given quite a bit of healthy respect to the other teams. None of us expected the Adrian game to be as easy as it was, for instance.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I don't see any way that RIT won't handle Middlebury with ease. They're at home, they're on a smaller sheet of ice, they have a physical, D1-sized team made up mostly of Ontario junior hockey products, and they've crushed pretty much everyone who has stepped onto the ice. Middlebury is a small team built for their bigger home ice. They will not be able to run away from or skate around RIT. Midd has traditionally struggled against larger, more physical teams. I don't see this one being close unless RIT is gripping their sticks too tightly. RIT by 5.

Norwich -- GA. This one won't be close either. Norwich has too much talent, size, and speed and having come close last year, they want to seal the deal this time around. Norwich by 4.

Norwich -- RIT: Too close to call. Home ice will help RIT, but I think the Cadets are ready to win. NU by a goal in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
            Good luck to all teams involved. Soak up the experience. Like they say...You might never be back...unless your Gustavas.
            Or Norwich.

Comment

Devil's advocate for the old school schools:

Midd 3 RIT 2 OT -- finding a way to win as always, and RIT playing tough
              GAC 3 Norwich 2 -- too long a season and too much time off for NU, bus runs out of gas after a strong first period.

Final: GAC 1 - Midd 0 OT -- both teams stumble to finish in final after tough wins in semis
              Illegitimum non carborundum
              Cartman: Ma'am, the Crack Baby Athletic Association is a storied institution that was founded over twelve days ago.
              Cartman:Should I admit I was wrong, ask for everyone's forgiveness and go back to my original team? Nah, screw that, I'm just gonna keep being a d**k.
              Cartman: Screw you sir, I'm going home.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Kitty View Post
                GAC 3 Norwich 2 -- too long a season and too much time off for NU, bus runs out of gas after a strong first period.
                Honestly, I think the time off from the bye sets up a loss almost all the time, so I'm going to go with GAC over Norwich 3-2. RIT will handle Middlebury, though not easily...4-2.

RIT vs. GAC in the final, and as much as I'd like to see GAC win, I think RIT might just have more firepower. 2-1 OT.

Comment

Will the games be online?

Comment

Originally posted by OnFrozenPond View Post
                    Will the games be online?
                    Yes they will be. We are waiting on a link from the NCAA.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Yes they will be. We are waiting on a link from the NCAA.
                      It is up on the NCAA site already.

Here is the link: http://www.ncaa.com/liveschedule

Comment

Originally posted by Plugger View Post
                        It is up on the NCAA site already.

Here is the link: http://www.ncaa.com/liveschedule
                        Thanks!
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

[QUOTE=puxrex;5085220]I don't see any way that RIT won't handle Middlebury with ease. They're at home, they're on a smaller sheet of ice, they have a physical, D1-sized team made up mostly of Ontario junior hockey products, and they've crushed pretty much everyone who has stepped onto the ice. Middlebury is a small team built for their bigger home ice. They will not be able to run away from or skate around RIT. Midd has traditionally struggled against larger, more physical teams. I don't see this one being close unless RIT is gripping their sticks too tightly. RIT by 5.

Well as sure as you are about RIT running away with this game, Midd might as well not even show up to play. But they will, and I think that Midd will pull this one out and another NESCAC team will be crowned as National Champion. However fate may have it, best of luck to ALL of these young women who will step onto the ice and play their hearts out.

Comment

Gustavus upsets Norwich-I think the layoff was not good for Norwich after the disaster against Manhattanville; Gustavus looked pretty solid taking out River Falls and in a close game I like their goalie.

Middlebury upsets RIT-I do not buy the "Midd does not match up well against RIT's D-I size" myth (ask Manhattanville who won the battles for loose pucks and on the boards last weekend?). I know the Tigers are a penalty killing machine, but they do take over twice as many penalties as the Panthers and you do not need to give Bloom too much to work with. Something like a 1-0 nail biter.

Comment

I saw the video link, but does anyone know if there will be live stats available? I'll be at work, and they block video...ugh!

If not, I expect updates from everyone attending!

Comment

Working...
                              X