Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Re: Merrimack College 2010-2011: playoff run

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      Congrats on a great effort by MC. Tough as nails
      yep

Comment

Good job Mack. I think you're going to represent HE well in the NCAA's.

I posted this at the game thread but thought I'd bring it here...

Mack students.. some words of wisdom:
        Never, ever, ever chant... "Over Rated"... 5 minutes into a game, with the score 0-0. This is especially relevant when your playing the defending Hockey East and National Champions, and double especially relevant when that team wants to kick your azz for payback for beating them 2 games to 1 in the regular season.

You're rookies at this playoff stuff, so you get a pass. But don't ever let that happen again if you want your team to have a chance of coming out on the right side of the scoreboard.

You're welcome.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

Never, ever, ever chant... "Over Rated"... 5 minutes into a game, with the score 0-0. This is especially relevant when your playing the defending Hockey East and National Champions, and double especially relevant when that team wants to kick your azz for payback for beating them 2 games to 1 in the regular season.

You're rookies at this playoff stuff, so you get a pass. But don't ever let that happen again if you want your team to have a chance of coming out on the right side of the scoreboard.

You're welcome.
          They did that? LOL. That's high school b.s. Almost as lame as the "you can't do that!" chant after a penalty.
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

"here we go merrimack here we go!"

orange slices at half time for everyone!!

great support though, you guys played really well, best of luck in the big show
            Arenas Attended
            Matthews Arena
            Agganis Arena
            Tsongas Arena
            Lawler Arena
            Schneider Arena
            Mullins Center
            TD Banknorth Garden
            Conte Forum
            Whittemore Center
            Gutterson Fieldhouse
            Alfond Arena
            Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Way to Go Merrimack. You gave BC a run for their money. Unfortunately it ended the wrong way. Keep it up and have a fantastic run in the NCAAs!
              Frozen Fours: '86, '88, '90, '91, '92, '93, '95, '96, '98, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '09, '14, '15

Walter Brown, Agganis, Boston Garden-old/new, Matthews, McHugh, Kelly Rink, Bright, Tsongas, Lawler, Schneider, Providence CC, Alfond, Tully, Portland CC, Centrum, Whittemore, Snively, Hobey Baker Rink, Lynah, MSG, Gutterson, Houston Field House, Ingalls, Smith rink, Davis Rink, Pepsi Center, Bradley Center, St. Paul CC, Fenway, Mullins, Verizon, Joe Louis, HSBC, Nationwide, Messa, Perrotti.

Comment

Merrimack left everything on the table last night. That's all you can't ask for.

If they stay in MHT, this team could do some damage with the USCHO bracketology.
                - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Very proud of Merrimack! Let's hope for a rematch v. BC and take them out in the Regionals in Manch! 30 minutes till Selection Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior51 View Post
                    Very proud of Merrimack! Let's hope for a rematch v. BC and take them out in the Regionals in Manch! 30 minutes till Selection Sunday!
                    Can't happen. BC has to go out west because they can't play UNH in the first round.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

You're welcome.
                      I think the worst was when they chanted "Daddy's Money" at us. I understand that chant from a state school but...Merrimack costs around 40K a year.

But otherwise you guys had good support (a lot better than I would've ever expected from Merrimack). Being from the Merrimack Valley area it's nice to see Merrimack do well, and I hope we will see you guys in St. Paul.
                      Boston College '12
                      1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

no complaints whatsoever about the selection... we get to stay close to home, have the worst of the 1 seeds and i like the matchup w notre dame having to travel, and i expect them to not be ready for how good this merrimack team really is.
                        MERRIMACK WARRIORS

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                          I think the worst was when they chanted "Daddy's Money" at us. I understand that chant from a state school but...Merrimack costs around 40K a year.

But otherwise you guys had good support (a lot better than I would've ever expected from Merrimack). Being from the Merrimack Valley area it's nice to see Merrimack do well, and I hope we will see you guys in St. Paul.
                          First off, "Canada" doesn't suck.

But yeah, I think the MC faithful did a great job considering our D1 successes have only come recently. The fanbase was exposed to three other great fanbases and hopefully are inspired to keep up the support going into the NCAA's and next season.

Comment

Can you imagine the angst, rage, and turmoil in Durham if Merrimack manages to exit Manchester victorious? "These...these...whippersnappers get into the NCAAs for the first time ever while we get sent home...again!"
                            Chris V
                            Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorHockey11 View Post
                              no complaints whatsoever about the selection... we get to stay close to home, have the worst of the 1 seeds and i like the matchup w notre dame having to travel, and i expect them to not be ready for how good this merrimack team really is.
                              Their coach is Jeff Jackson. Have you ever heard of him? He'll PROBABLY have his team ready.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorHockey11 View Post
                                I don't think you guys have to worry about ND being ready. You can take them at full strength. I think you'll beat Miami too. Mack just played even up with the one of the most tournament tested teams in the country, trading goal for goal to the end. Your team is good enough to beat anyone, they just have to believe in themselves. I'll be up in NH rooting for ya, and looking forward to seeing the Mack in St. Paul.
                                Go Mack!
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X