This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

This is, by my count, the 18th UW Hockey season or off-season thread, since the start of Eaves first season as head coach.

“High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.”

~Charles F. Kettering

Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Nice, haha.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

What's up with the bashing that is coming from the WCHA towards Big 10 teams. I thought the CC announcers were ok until after the game Sunday when they started all the crap about beating a team from the big bad Big 10. Even Scotty Owens in his interview after the game said how proud he was for his team to come back and beat the Big 10 power from Wisconsin. It sounds like Bruce Mcleod had some not so endearing comments about the Big 10 teams also. If that's the way it's going to be I say good riddence to the WCHA and who cares what happens to them. MCR asked in the previous thread who people would root for now, and as hard as it is to say, I think I'm rooting for Michigan to win it all.

Comment

I'll root for all the WCHA teams, but also maybe hope Miami (Riley Smith) wins it all. Michigan? eff them. they've already got 9 and I don't want to see Wisconsin go 4 titles behind them
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I also was listening and I don't think the announcers were bashing the Big 10....only pointing out the fact that only one big 10 team is still alive. No way to get around the fact having only one big 10 team still alive does not reflect well upon the "big boys" from the big 10.

Comment

Originally posted by samboni View Post
            I also was listening and I don't think the announcers were bashing the Big 10....only pointing out the fact that only one big 10 team is still alive. No way to get around the fact having only one big 10 team still alive does not reflect well upon the "big boys" from the big 10.
            They can make fun of us now but they are crying the minute those attendance dollars aren't in their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              They can make fun of us now but they are crying the minute those attendance dollars aren't in their hands.
              Probably true...but on the other hand, Bucky won't be able to finish in 7th place in a six team big 10.

Comment

Originally posted by samboni View Post
                Probably true...but on the other hand, Bucky won't be able to finish in 7th place in a six team big 10.
                We were in the National Championship last year but sure, you are right.

Comment

I hope that the current WCHA teams enjoy the next few playoff disbursement checks from the league, I have to imagine that those days are over.

I will say that I'm going to miss going to the F5 at the X every year, can't see the WCHA championship staying their once UW and UMN leave, just won't have the consistent and large fan base to purchase 5 game ticket package for $160. I don't have much desire to visit Chicago or wherever the B10 championships ends up. Will make it easier to justify making the F4 every year.

Comment

I wonder where the championship for BTHC will be. Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit would be my best guess, with rotating every year.
                    WISCONSIN BADGERS
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

Schultz it back...

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        I hope that the current WCHA teams enjoy the next few playoff disbursement checks from the league, I have to imagine that those days are over.

I will say that I'm going to miss going to the F5 at the X every year, can't see the WCHA championship staying their once UW and UMN leave, just won't have the consistent and large fan base to purchase 5 game ticket package for $160. I don't have much desire to visit Chicago or wherever the B10 championships ends up. Will make it easier to justify making the F4 every year.
                        That's the biggest issue I have with the BTHC is that I will too no longer be attending the Final Five every year. I would presume it would be on some sort of rotation between Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Xcel Center in St. Paul, Bradley Center in Milwaukee, United Center in Chicago, and Nationwide Arena in Columbus. Maybe even Pittsburgh.

Comment

So I wrote up a wordy response to the thread but decided against it. I think you should take a step back and realize that anything negative said on this thread is about the Big 10. Comments may appear to be attacks on Wisconsin or Wisconsin fans, but I doubt they truly are.

I doubt any team or anyone, with the exception of Donald Dunlop (he has his own perverse reasons), thinks the WCHA is better off without you. For some of us, it's like getting dumped by your really hot wife who you've been with forever and have sooooo much in common with. Now she's banging the neighbor's son? W-T-F?

The divorce is still pending. We have a few years. Let's enjoy them. Then...life goes on...

"They could have fleeced the sheep a thousand times, but they chose to skin it once" - Sheen
                          Last edited by ronmexico; 03-14-2011, 08:36 PM.
                          Originally posted by vizoroo
                          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                          Originally posted by duper
                          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                          Originally posted by dggoddard
                          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

What power should we pay attention to, INCH which has us 18th or USCHO which has us 24th.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

That's the biggest issue I have with the BTHC is that I will too no longer be attending the Final Five every year. I would presume it would be on some sort of rotation between Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Xcel Center in St. Paul, Bradley Center in Milwaukee, United Center in Chicago, and Nationwide Arena in Columbus. Maybe even Pittsburgh.
                              If they are going to rotate it, it should just be between Chicago, Detroit, and St. Paul/Minneapolis. doesn't make sense to put it in any other location. My vote would be to put the championship in Chicago and leave it alone.

I might be tempted to visit Pittsburgh once, but I have no desire to return to Detroit or Columbus for a tournament again. Plus, If I'm going to travel it would be for the F4 and not for a conference tournament.

For me, the F5 is as much a social event as it is a hockey event, it is the social side that I will morn the loss of.

As for Schultz returning, I'm taking the wait and see approch. A lot can change in the 6 months until the next season starts.

Comment

Working...
                              X