This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Anyone in Milwaukee get the Wisconsin Channel on Time Warner? I never found it last year and a call to them got me nowhere.
    It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
      Anyone in Milwaukee get the Wisconsin Channel on Time Warner? I never found it last year and a call to them got me nowhere.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Wisco...8&Image1=&Zip=

The link shows your TWC lineup. Check with them to see if it is possibly ch 975 Milw Public tv. If it is, you need digital access package.

In the Appleton area, the Wis Ch is 975 on TWC.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Speaking of slope-headed folks...

Is there ANYONE in North Dakota who doesn't own multiple jerseys?

Of course $1500 is two years ernins up in those parts, so a game worn Toews jersey would probably go for around $5.27 tops.

October 21st coming up quick!
        And you and yours better get ready to scurry on down your little badger holes, cause whole herds of them slope-headed Nodaks are hitching up their wagons as we speak, yes sir.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          And you and yours better get ready to scurry on down your little badger holes, cause whole herds of them slope-headed Nodaks are hitching up their wagons as we speak, yes sir.
          Two years? Right?
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I want to know how big of an impact some of the incoming freshman will have on the team this year. specifically Mccabe, woods, and paape.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              *****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/SiouxWagonTrain.jpg******
              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 09-21-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/SiouxWagonTrain.jpg******
                Where did you get that and is that the new logo on the sweater?

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                  Where did you get that and is that the new logo on the sweater?
                  How bout this one?

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Sioux_poop.jpg******
                  Last edited by Gurtholfin; 09-21-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

How bout this one?

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Sioux_toilet-1.jpg******
                    Love it... in NoDak that is an upper class citizen and neighborhood from the looks of it.

Comment

How bout this one?

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Sioux_poop.jpg******
                      Great stuff!

Comment

How bout this one?

I wonder if the toilet is one of those with Goldy painted inside of it. One would think so, it looks pretty new.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

You are hard, hard people, making fun of an entire race of NoDaks like that.

But come Oct 21 you will see the error of your ways, by Rocco.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            No way the puck marks on that Burish jersey are real. Played hockey my entire life and I've never seen a jersey with puck marks like that. Did he just lay on the ice and take slappers to the gut for 40 games or something?
                            I understand the shock value regarding the price, but sports collectors are a crazy bunch especially with what Adam has aready done in his career and his future potential. Actually that kind of wear is more common than you might think, but you are correct they are likely not puck marks (not on a forward's jersey anyway). They are almost always caused by black stick tape (hooking the player) or resin/tape on the shaft to improve grip. See the examples below - granted extreme cases but nearly every real game worn jersey will show these types of marks when you look at them in person up close or view high resolution images. Head down to the glass for warm ups and you'll be suprised what you see.

Regarding the Burish that was on CBS sports: 1) The name was removed from the back of that jersey which is less desired by collectors and thus the lower price realized. 2) That jersey is not from 2005-06 as another poster mentioned and is very easy to prove. Who held the team's jersey contract for 2005-06. Check out the neck of the jersey in the auction photo and then compare to any other photo of Adam from that season. See something missing below the neck? 3) Look at the captain's "C" - only one color in the auction jersey, not red-white-red outlines. Also note the "C" location with and without the Frozen Four patch. 4) The tag in the neck "Bauer ProWear" (last used in the late 1990s) was not likely used in jerseys at any time when Burish played. Teams do recycle jerseys, but a high end team like WI is unlikely to hang on to a jersey for 5-6 years and then put it back on the ice. I honestly don't know who's jersey that might have been without more photos of the back and other details to help pin down the era of use. (Notice that the back hem of the jersey is cut off in the photo. I would put money on the fact that it says "Bauer" in the lower right corner.

I'm not going to bash anyone associated with the auction. It was likely a classic case of sports information or the athletics department trying to make a buck for the team and they grabbed a #16 jersey from the storage room, and made an assumption, which turned out to be incorrect. Easy mistake to make, but a costly one for whoever bought that jersey based only on the description listed in the auction.

This image is NOT from the auction (reference only)

BTW - If anyone has a legit game worn (mens) Badgers jersey for sale @ $500 I will be more than happy to take it off your hands - cash! (Especially the alternates from the last couple seasons - Badger Showdown, Outdoor games, etc.)

Ryan J

More real game wear - Tulsa Oilers and SCSU
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              I understand the shock value regarding the price, but sports collectors are a crazy bunch especially with what Adam has aready done in his career and his future potential. Actually that kind of wear is more common than you might think, but you are correct they are likely not puck marks (not on a forward's jersey anyway). They are almost always caused by black stick tape (hooking the player) or resin/tape on the shaft to improve grip. See the examples below - granted extreme cases but nearly every real game worn jersey will show these types of marks when you look at them in person up close or view high resolution images. Head down to the glass for warm ups and you'll be suprised what you see.

BTW - If anyone has a legit game worn (mens) Badgers jersey for sale @ $500 I will be more than happy to take it off your hands - cash! (Especially the alternates from the last couple seasons - Badger Showdown, Outdoor games, etc.)
                              Considering that UW has (had) been auctioning off the game used 3rd for the past few seasons and they (for the most part) didn't go for more than $500.

From what I have been told, Seniors get to keep their jerseys every season, and the whole team gets to keep them if they make the F4. UW has a stock of past jerseys that can be requested for fundraisers by former players and used by the AD.

I still think that four figures is to much for a Burish jersey from his sophomore season, more than I'd consider paying at any rate.

Comment

Question for you guys. Would any of you pay, let's say, $750 for the Burish jersey being sold (or a game-worn by a similar player) based on the value it holds for you, as opposed its value as a commodity? I know the commodity value might force you to pay more for something you value just to have, but I'm just asking about whether it is worth $750 to you for purely personal reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X