X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Originally posted by aktick View Post
    I'm not going to whine about it...just say that I'm continually amazed at how childish people can be nowadays (and I don't mean anybody participating in this thread)...
    See your rep.

I can't say any more than that without being a tattling doosh.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Anyone else look into the Nicholas Club seating that's going into the Kohl Center this year? Did I read that right...you can purchase alcohol in the Nicholas Club?

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Anyone else look into the Nicholas Club seating that's going into the Kohl Center this year? Did I read that right...you can purchase alcohol in the Nicholas Club?

LINK
        I see non-alcoholic drinks on the bullet points.

but ALSO

a special area where you can go PRE-GAME and "HALF-TIME"

I wish for once someone in the AD would effing get football off the gd brain.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

but ALSO

Yeah but then it says after non-alcoholic drinks (which are complimentary), "cash bar." I've never heard of a cash bar that wasn't for alcohol.

Comment

but ALSO

I suspect that it is more that they were just lazy and cut-and-pasted from the brochure that was sent out for basketball.

Comment

Good to see this after Smith's strong World Championship performance.

http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/...cc4c002e0.html

Comment

Smith has to be a top 5 preseason Hobey candidate.

On a somewhat related note, I did see him take one of his patented dumass slashing penalties in one of ther IIHF tourney. Please stop doing that, Mr. Smith.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

A note on possible BTHC playoff formats; also, side effect of leaving WCHA - we can no longer schedule the Sioux, on account of them being the Sioux.

Link
                  Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                  Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                  sigpic
                  Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                  1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                    A note on possible BTHC playoff formats; also, side effect of leaving WCHA - we can no longer schedule the Sioux, on account of them being the Sioux.

Link
                    But somehow they find a loophole that allows UW to play FSU in basketball.

At this point I am close to having nothing but contempt left for the entire athletic department administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                      But somehow they find a loophole that allows UW to play FSU in basketball.

At this point I am close to having nothing but contempt left for the entire athletic department administration.
                      http://www.lssaa.wisc.edu/aisas/policy07.html

I agree about FSU, but the tribe(s) *endorsed* the nickname. It could take awhile before the UND situation is resolved.

Comment

The Badger Basketball team played North Dakota last year as at that point the nickname was approved by the NCAA which I guess what Wisconsin uses as a guideline. I'm not sure if Minnesota's policy is the same or what factors into when the nicknames are approved or not.

Not a huge fan of the Big Ten Hockey and eliminating the Sioux from the schedule would really be a negative.

Comment

Brian Rafalski retiring this week. He's 37 but it sounds like injuries have taken their toll.

too bad.

One of the best Defenseman I've seen over the years at UW, his breakout passing was excellent as well as the home-run pass. A 4-year guy at UW he had to spend 4-5 years in Europe because the NHL at the time considered him too small.

man if the NHL had gotten rid of the clutching and grabbing earlier Rafalski could have maybe 700 points, instead he retires with a very respectable point total just north of 500
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Brian Rafalski retiring this week. He's 37 but it sounds like injuries have taken their toll.

too bad.

One of the best Defenseman I've seen over the years at UW, his breakout passing was excellent as well as the home-run pass. A 4-year guy at UW he had to spend 4-5 years in Europe because the NHL at the time considered him too small.

man if the NHL had gotten rid of the clutching and grabbing earlier Rafalski could have maybe 700 points, instead he retires with a very respectable point total just north of 500
                            Also has 100 points in 165 NHL Playoff games. Made the playoffs every year in the NHL, the Stanley Cup Finals five times, and won three cups.

Not too shabby...

Comment

too bad.

Not a done deal yet, but sounds like the inevitable. If true, congrats on a terrific career and enjoy retirement.

Saw him score what we thought was the game winning goal in the third period of Game 5 in the 2008 Stanley Cup Final at the Joe. Game 5 was a cup clinching game for the Wings. The Pens scored with 30 seconds left in regulation to tie the game up and eventually won in 3ot.
                              Last edited by NEWI Badger Fan; 05-24-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Too bad.
                                That is a bummer. I was hoping he could caox a few more years out of his body, but he did miss time this last season with the injuries. On the bright side, does this open the door for Smith to crack the bigtime?
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X