X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    I'm open to the discussion. The biggest reason I like having two threads is that during the season when this thread is being constantly updated every day with multiple posts, it's nice to know exactly where to look for recruiting specific info. This thread tends to go in a ton of different directions and I personally like having a place to specifically look at recruiting stuff. Sure situations like this recent Navin news could go in either thread...but it's nice to be able to have a recrutiing specific convo in one area and topics about the current team here.
    I agreee with Chuck, or whatever his name is, I like the 2 seperate threads. IMHO, it's less wading through mulitiple topics to find specific info. But however it ends up, so be it.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Derek Stepan had a goal and Craig Smith an assist in Team USA's 4-3 Shootout loss to Canada this morning. Smith and Stepan are tied for the team lead in scoring with 5 points in 4 games each.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I agreee with Chuck, or whatever his name is, I like the 2 seperate threads. IMHO, it's less wading through mulitiple topics to find specific info. But however it ends up, so be it.
        I concur. I don't really care too much about the recruiting info, so it's nice to have a separate thread and then I can visit that thread every great once in a while to read that info if I want.
        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
        sigpic
        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Derek Stepan had a goal and Craig Smith an assist in Team USA's 4-3 Shootout loss to Canada this morning. Smith and Stepan are tied for the team lead in scoring with 5 points in 4 games each.
          Checking the box scores on the USA Hockey website Stepan has 1-5 = 6pts, Smith has 2-3 = 5pts. When you go to the tournament stats page it only shows Stepan with 1G, 4A. He had 1G, 1A against Canada as he assisted on Komisareks goal.
          If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
            Checking the box scores on the USA Hockey website Stepan has 1-5 = 6pts, Smith has 2-3 = 5pts. When you go to the tournament stats page it only shows Stepan with 1G, 4A. He had 1G, 1A against Canada as he assisted on Komisareks goal.
            I was just going from the IIHF site's stats which are supposed to be official.

Comment

Off topic, but may I opine? While sitting in front of the TV watching all the playoff games the past couple of weeks (Thank you DISH, Center Ice, and PIP!), I flipped over to a Brewer game last night. Holy ****! I immediately got bored, sleepy, lazy, etc. Mrs MCR saw me disappearing into space, got a hold of the remote and switched back to the NHL. Do you suffer from insomnia? Watch baseball, the instant cure.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                Off topic, but may I opine? While sitting in front of the TV watching all the playoff games the past couple of weeks (Thank you DISH, Center Ice, and PIP!), I flipped over to a Brewer game last night. Holy ****! I immediately got bored, sleepy, lazy, etc. Mrs MCR saw me disappearing into space, got a hold of the remote and switched back to the NHL. Do you suffer from insomnia? Watch baseball, the instant cure.
                I consider myself a pretty big Brewers fan, but I've REALLY had a hard time leaving them on over playoff hockey. And my Hawks are out of it. Just can't get into baseball this year for some reason.

Could be that the Brewers are once again scuffling when they were supposed to be better...

Comment

Hey Chuck, since you left Sixty not much going on there now.

Comment

Craig Smith with another goal this morning, his third of the tournament and Stepan with an assist in the 5-3 loss to Switzerland. Stepan leads the United States with 7 points in 6 games. Smith has 6 in 6. USA will play next in the Quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                      Hey Chuck, since you left Sixty not much going on there now.
                      Not much going on there for a long time.

Not my call, but it's not my blog either...
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I wonder why 60 doesn't just hand the keys over to Chuck then instead of putting the blog in the attic?
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          I wonder why 60 doesn't just hand the keys over to Chuck then instead of putting the blog in the attic?
                          She has had a pretty proprietary sense about the blog. That might sound oddly territorial (I guess it kind of is), but I don't blame her for that. Chuck's more than resourceful enough to figure out his own avenue.

In the meantime, people still manage to whine about it. Nothing you can do about that...

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            She has had a pretty proprietary sense about the blog. That might sound oddly territorial (I guess it kind of is), but I don't blame her for that. Chuck's more than resourceful enough to figure out his own avenue.

In the meantime, people still manage to whine about it. Nothing you can do about that...
                            I think some of us got spoiled on the updates since WSJ was beaten to the punch so many times. Guess that 5th quarter blog or whatever it is will be the new 60?
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              I think some of us got spoiled on the updates since WSJ was beaten to the punch so many times. Guess that 5th quarter blog or whatever it is will be the new 60?
                              More or less. But it's just the Chuck Show over there. Which really makes it no different than what No Alibis was for most of the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

I'm not going to whine about it...just say that I'm continually amazed at how childish people can be nowadays (and I don't mean anybody participating in this thread)...

Comment

Working...
                                X