X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    Not a shock, considering what he was potentially going to lose.
    Exactly, this is a case where you can't blame the kid at all. It's a busines decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Well he doesn't do it for EVERY big job opening. But he's trying to negotiate a contract extension this summer so he was linked to both those jobs.
      He applied at OSU last year. I suspect we'll apply at MI and MN when those jobs open up.

Murray...I don't blame him for taking the money, considering his family's ties to Switzerland.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        He applied at OSU last year. I suspect we'll apply at MI and MN when those jobs open up.
        In the college hockey world DU is a great program and a great job to have, but an opening at any of the Big 10 schools is worth at lest considering leaving DU for.

I don't think that Gwoz would be seriously considered for either MN or MI, IMO both are too provincial for their fanbases to accept anyone other then an alumni or someone with very strong state or program ties as coach.

Comment

Murray...I don't blame him for taking the money, considering his family's ties to Switzerland.
          At first it was thought that he applied but I thought it came out that he was just used by the universtity as an "advisor" to the process?

Comment

I don't think that Gwoz would be seriously considered for either MN or MI, IMO both are too provincial for their fanbases to accept anyone other then an alumni or someone with very strong state or program ties as coach.
            I agree with this, but they would be nuts not to try for him. If you can be as dominate and consistant @ DU, imagine what he could do with the big 6 conference behind him. If Eaves left tomorrow, he'd be #1 on my list, followed by Blasi and tDon if, er, when he gets fired.

Comment

followed by Blasi and tDon if, er, when he gets fired.
              Haha, what? I'd rather try to lure Oz back before I'd want either of those guys. Blasi I can see, he's had some real good regular seasons and was within seconds of a championship...but other than that his teams have fared pretty poorly in the NCAAs. tDon...no. Just......no.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                Haha, what? I'd rather try to lure Oz back before I'd want either of those guys. Blasi I can see, he's had some real good regular seasons and was within seconds of a championship...but other than that his teams have fared pretty poorly in the NCAAs. tDon...no. Just......no.
                Gwoz, Oz, and Mark Johnson would be my top 3 canidates to replace Eaves if he leaves for the NHL in the next 3-5 years.

I hope that Eaves stay for 10+ more years and is at least as successful as he has been thus far.

Comment

I hope Eaves stays another 10 years as well.

one side question...whatever happened to Don Granato? years ago he was an up and coming coach, but now????????
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

thanks to Chuck on the blog updates!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Coach Eaves is the best in the business. and I've been citing 2 players who DIDN'T play for Wisconsin say it (G. Moore from Maine, Z. Parise from Nodak). with the nod to Chuck here's the pertinent part from Zach on the NJD coaching search.

Hey Zach: If you could bring in any coach that you had before, who would it be and why?
                    (Asked by Zucs)
                    I had two great coaches that stick out. It may sound a little corny but my coach at Shattuck, Tom Ward, when I was on the Prep team was one of the best I’ve ever had, and I think he is also capable of coaching at a higher level. Another coach that has coached in the NHL before and I had him for a few international tournaments is Mike Eaves. He is now at Wisconsin and I’ve never been so prepared to face an opponent as when I was playing for him. It may be a little different in an 82-game schedule, but he did a great job of having players understand their role on the team and got them to do that to the best of their ability.

wow. that's sayin somethin

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      thanks to Chuck on the blog updates!
                      My pleasure.

Comment

Gwoz, Oz, and Mark Johnson would be my top 3 canidates to replace Eaves if he leaves for the NHL in the next 3-5 years.
                        Agreed.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                          tDon...no. Just......no.
                          I guess I was trolling a bit with that one, but I think he'd be a viable option. As far as Oz goes, I'd like to see what he does at OSU first before I hand him the keys to the Badger Bandwagon. I just don't know how Johnson would do coaching the men. He was part of the reason that Sauer had the downturn he did (recruiting), but that was 10 yrs ago, and a lot has changed. The women's landscape is not nearly as competetive as the men's.

Comment

I guess I was trolling a bit with that one, but I think he'd be a viable option. As far as Oz goes, I'd like to see what he does at OSU first before I hand him the keys to the Badger Bandwagon. I just don't know how Johnson would do coaching the men. He was part of the reason that Sauer had the downturn he did (recruiting), but that was 10 yrs ago, and a lot has changed. The women's landscape is not nearly as competetive as the men's.
                            Given how Johnson has done with the woman's team, his ties to UW, and the fact that he wasn't the man in charge, Sauer was; I feel that he should be given seious consideration and (potentially) an opportunity to see how he can do as a HC.

The more experence that Oz gets at OSU, the more he moves towards the top of my short list. In 4 or 5 years, he could be my list of replacements for Eaves.

I still want Eaves to coach at UW for 10+ more years, but I just get a feeling that should the team win another NC, the call of the NHL might be to much for him to resist.

Comment

I still want Eaves to coach at UW for 10+ more years, but I just get a feeling that should the team win another NC, the call of the NHL might be to much for him to resist.
                              I dont see Eaves going back to the NHL. If he wanted to be an NHL head coach, he would be.
                              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                              Originally posted by MadCityRich
                              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Given how Johnson has done with the woman's team, his ties to UW, and the fact that he wasn't the man in charge, Sauer was; I feel that he should be given seious consideration and (potentially) an opportunity to see how he can do as a HC.

The more experence that Oz gets at OSU, the more he moves towards the top of my short list. In 4 or 5 years, he could be my list of replacements for Eaves.

Johnson wasn't the head coach, but WAS the head recruiter. the talent was dwindling quickly. Also, he wasn't traveling. I mean Shuckuk just went to Connecticut and British Columbia in one week!, and Johnson didn't travel once his final year. not once.

In my book I'd rule out MJ if Coach Eaves decides to leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X