X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    The Heater has disappeared from the score sheet, I wonder what's going on there. I haven't had a chance to watch most of the SJS v LA series unfortunately.
    Those late games are hard to stay up for. Getting up at 5am for work doesn't help.

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    I don't know about disappeared...he has 3 points in 4 playoff games so far.
    He hasn't disappeared but he only has 8 SOG in 4 games.
    If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

For those who haven't read the paper or on-line site;
      http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        Despite what Baggot says about Johnson being the front runner I'd be shocked if Scott Sandelin isn't their #1 target right now.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
          Those late games are hard to stay up for. Getting up at 5am for work doesn't help.

He hasn't disappeared but he only has 8 SOG in 4 games.

Yeah I guess my commentary was on the 2 games I saw. one in particular (I *think* it was game 3) it seemed like I didn't hear his name more than once/twice. I have to stay up for these games
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Interesting to hear Gwozdecky wants the PSU job. That can only be for a higher profile in terms of school name-recognition (and new conference and all the bs hoopla that will come with that) as winning 2 NCAA Championships at a top-5 Western school already really is unbeatable in my mind.

having said that...really? Penn State? good god. that's at least a 4-5 year build out, and those first 2-3 years will be getting their asses whipped by Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan.

I'm surprised Dean Blais or Jeff Jackson haven't been mentioned if they're going to go after NCAA champ winners

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Interesting to hear Gwozdecky wants the PSU job. That can only be for a higher profile in terms of school name-recognition (and new conference and all the bs hoopla that will come with that) as winning 2 NCAA Championships at a top-5 Western school already really is unbeatable in my mind.

having said that...really? Penn State? good god. that's at least a 4-5 year build out, and those first 2-3 years will be getting their asses whipped by Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan.

I'm surprised Dean Blais or Jeff Jackson haven't been mentioned if they're going to go after NCAA champ winners
              I'm not surprised about Gwoz's interest. With the uncertainty surrounding the future of the remaining WCHA programs and the fact that he will have a blank slate at PSU to be "The Man who Built the Program" I suspect that it has to at least be interesting. The issue would be how much does PSU want to spend because (IIRC) the reports are that Gwoz is one of the top paid HC in all of college hockey (as a private school DU doesn't have to release salary information like public schools do).

Johnson has a legacy at UW that is safe regardless of what he does, but in my mind if he leaves to coach at PSU he won't be held in the same regard as the builder of the woman's program the way that Badger Bob is revered as the man who made Badger Hockey what it is: as a legend.

I can't see Sandelin turn down PSU if offered (For many of the same reasons that Gwoz would be interested, just magnified as UMD could be left on the outside in any secondary re-alignment scenario). Pluse I think that the salary demands would be lower then for others.

Given the options, I don't see how PSU can make a bad choice (they may not make the best choice, but they can't screw this up too badly).

Comment

If Gwoz wanted the Penn State job it would be his. But he floats his name out there, like he did with the Michigan State job as leverage for his contract at Denver.

Comment

If Gwoz wanted the Penn State job it would be his. But he floats his name out there, like he did with the Michigan State job as leverage for his contract at Denver.
                  good point. I suppose if he were serious this would have been done already

Comment

The same thing happened when Eaves was hired, DU ponied up the $$ to keep him.

good point. I suppose if he were serious this would have been done already
                    Depends if PSU was willing to pay what he wanted. He's at or near the top of all HC in terms of pay and it didn't sound like PSU wanted to pay that much.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                      Picking the odds, What are chances Murray goes pro? I give it a 65% he goes overseas.
                      Id say its closer to 90%. He isnt an NHL goalie, so unless some NHL team wants to take a chance on him and see what he can do in the AHL, I see him going to Europe.
                      More power to him. If he can make a good living in Europe and have more stability in his career, I say good for him.
                      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                      Originally posted by MadCityRich
                      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

I think that's a bush type of play on his part to continually do this when a big job opens up. I suppose the DU fans can't whine about it too much because if he left I think the program would decline to a certain extent, so they just put up with it.

As a UW fan, if Eaves ever did leave, I'd want Gwoz to do more than float his name for the UW job.

A big WHEW! on Mark Johnson staying @ UW....
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I think that's a bush type of play on his part to continually do this when a big job opens up. I suppose the DU fans can't whine about it too much because if he left I think the program would decline to a certain extent, so they just put up with it.

As a UW fan, if Eaves ever did leave, I'd want Gwoz to do more than float his name for the UW job.

A big WHEW! on Mark Johnson staying @ UW....
                          Well he doesn't do it for EVERY big job opening. But he's trying to negotiate a contract extension this summer so he was linked to both those jobs.

Comment

Murray is signing a pro contract.

Comment

So long, you glorious ginger...
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Murray is signing a pro contract.
                                Not a shock, considering what he was potentially going to lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X