To The Joe! 2011 CCHA Championship Edition: UM, ND, MU, WMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To The Joe! 2011 CCHA Championship Edition: UM, ND, MU, WMU

FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. – Michigan, Notre Dame, Miami and Western Michigan have advanced to the CCHA Championship to be held at Joe Louis Arena this Friday and Saturday, March 18-19. The RedHawks and Fighting Irish will square off for some ‘Hockey in the D’ on Friday at 4:35 p.m., while the Wolverines and Broncos will follow at 8:05 p.m. Both games will air live on FOX Sports Detroit Plus in HD as will the third-place game at 4:05 p.m. on Saturday and the Championship Game, which will feature the two semifinal winners at 7:35 p.m.

2011 CCHA Championship Central
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Re: To The Joe! 2011 CCHA Championship Edition: UM, ND, MU, WMU

Tom Anastos visits the Sports Update

CCHA Commissioner Tom Anastos joined Tom Leyden on the Sports Update set to preview next week's semifinals and finals at Joe Louis Arena.

Comment

#3 seed Miami will be the team to beat.

Comment

Not too often the top 4 teams make it to the Joe. Enjoy the CCHA Party, though Im sure the CCHA is happy NMU didnt make it. Bar tab has been slashed in half for the CCHA.
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
          Not too often the top 4 teams make it to the Joe. Enjoy the CCHA Party, though Im sure the CCHA is happy NMU didnt make it. Bar tab has been slashed in half for the CCHA.
          I did my share running up that tab last year while cheering for you guys to beat Michigan. We'll miss seeing the NMU fans this year... especially Goofus!

Comment

This has the potential to be one of the best CCHA finals in a long, long time. Top four teams, and they all played each other tough throughout the season.

Western survived that gauntlet at the end of the season against the top 3 teams to finish 4th, and you know that home ice helped them get to the Joe. They took it to us big time to keep us from winning the CCHA and secure 4th. You know they're pumped to be back at the Joe in a long time and can see the NCAA tourney from where they are right now. They have the CCHA's coach of the year and I believe the guy who should be the national coach of the year. They will be ready to play.

We split 4 games right down the middle with MU, winning and losing there, and skating to two ties in South Bend. Each team took a SO win, with MU beating our number one goalie after we came back from 2 down in the third to tie, then coming back twice the next night for a good tie of their own before our backup had perhaps 3 of the best saves of the year on Camper, Smith, and Miele, 3 guys who can move and shoot the puck as well as anyone in our league.

MU, struggling just a little and out of the top 16 in the pairwise used an early February weekend to ignite their season, convincingly sweeping Michigan at Cady arena. Since playing us they haven't lost and have played some spectacular hockey. They have been flat out dominant.

Michigan is just Michigan, with another CCHA regular season championship in tow and will surely have the crowds to back them up. Oh, and by the way, since those aforementioned losses to Miami, they have only gone 8-0, winning by three or more goals 4 times, including two must wins @ NMU to clinch the CCHA.

This weekend should have 4 great games, with a lot on the line for each of the four teams. Good luck to all, but mostly to one!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post

MU, struggling just a little and out of the top 16 in the pairwise used an early February weekend to ignite their season, convincingly sweeping Michigan at Cady arena. Since playing us they haven't lost and have played some spectacular hockey. They have been flat out dominant.
              I don't think they "convincingly" swept Michigan. The Wolverines controlled the first 50 minutes in the first game, only succumbing to a questionable penalty and PP marker with 8:00 left which sucked the life out of them. Miami took over the series from there, scoring with just over 5:00 left to win it. Michigan played lifeless on Saturday and was never in that game. Give Miami credit, they did what they had to do, but they weren't exactly sharp that first game and were ripe for the taking. It was a missed opportunity and a lack of discipline that cost Michigan more so than Miami being dominant. The second game was the Brendan Burke tribute game, so Miami was playing with understandable passion and desire. Miami's offense is special, but it was their defensive play that really won them that series.

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
              Michigan is just Michigan, with another CCHA regular season championship in tow and will surely have the crowds to back them up. Oh, and by the way, since those aforementioned losses to Miami, they have only gone 8-0, winning by three or more goals 4 times, including two must wins @ NMU to clinch the CCHA.
              The defensive play has been the most improved since the Miami series. Losing David Wohlberg to injury will lessen the offensive balance a bit, also, but may really focus the team on playing sound defensive hockey against the two excellent teams they will play next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                Yeah, not going to be fun with the lack of Yoopers there this year.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

As a Bronco fan, I have forgotten where Detroit is. Does Ted Lindsay still play for the Red Wings?
                  B2
                  It will only get better!

Comment

Originally posted by BII View Post
                    As a Bronco fan, I have forgotten where Detroit is. Does Ted Lindsay still play for the Red Wings?
                    Just remember, you have to go through A2 on I-94 to get there. No different for your team to advance.

Comment

First time going to The Joe for me personally so it should be interesting. Anything that happens there will be icing on the cake given the predictions put on my Irish 6 months ago.
                      TJ TJ Tynan....KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER

Comment

Having moved to Colorado over the summer, the college hockey travel funds are in scarce supply. Unfortunately, I can't make it to the Joe this weekend but I'm eager to see how these games play out. Obviously I think the Miami/Notre Dame game is going to be fabulous and I am interested to see how WMU adjusts after the Wolverines handled them fairly well Friday in Yost then blowing the lead on Saturday (if I recall correctly) just a couple weeks ago.

I think I'm going to blow out of the office around 2pm to watch the first game which starts at 2:30pm MST...ugh...

Since each of the other three teams have won Mason Cups, I'm thinking it's Miami's turn.
                        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          Just remember, you have to go through A2 on I-94 to get there. No different for your team to advance.
                          I hope that they zip through as quickly as I will.
                          B2
                          It will only get better!

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                            Having moved to Colorado over the summer, the college hockey travel funds are in scarce supply. Unfortunately, I can't make it to the Joe this weekend but I'm eager to see how these games play out. Obviously I think the Miami/Notre Dame game is going to be fabulous and I am interested to see how WMU adjusts after the Wolverines handled them fairly well Friday in Yost then blowing the lead on Saturday (if I recall correctly) just a couple weeks ago.

I think I'm going to blow out of the office around 2pm to watch the first game which starts at 2:30pm MST...ugh...

Since each of the other three teams have won Mason Cups, I'm thinking it's Miami's turn.
                            Western's Mason Cup (or whatever it was called then) doesn't count. I was watching Thundercats at the time.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Western's Mason Cup (or whatever it was called then) doesn't count. I was watching Thundercats at the time.
                              Oh, it counts.

How bout this...we don't have a CCHA Tournament Title.
                              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                              X