Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!

****can the Badgers.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

DC: Thanks for the rep! I'll be in touch for sure once we beat Wisco.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Does anybody have information about television/streaming video coverage?

Comment

As I have alluded to before, I have to believe hat Molly Schaus will be the difference, once again....Wisconsin is loaded but Minnesota gave them a game, yet for Schaus, she looked so calm and cool, workman like in her game.....I don't think she can be flustered, and therefore we'll get rid of at least 1 red and white team! I cannot stand this red and white colour scheme...yech!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
          As I have alluded to before, I have to believe hat Molly Schaus will be the difference, once again....Wisconsin is loaded but Minnesota gave them a game, yet for Schaus, she looked so calm and cool, workman like in her game.....I don't think she can be flustered, and therefore we'll get rid of at least 1 red and white team! I cannot stand this red and white colour scheme...yech!
          The last time BC was in a four-team tournament as the only maroon and gold team with three red and whites was the men's regional in 2006. BU, Miami, UNO were all red and white. It was one of the many little things that said to me that BC would advance and they did. ::sob:: Although you could also look at the parallels between this Frozen Four and the men's Final Four in 1990 when BU, BC and Wisconsin all participated with an ECAC school that began with CO...Colgate. Hope not too similar given BU and BC both lost the semi final games that year.

On a separate note, I was disappointed, though totally not surprised, that I saw nothing on the news about BU and BC advancing to the Frozen Four. I suppose I should be used to it given the red-headed step child treatment that men's hockey gets, let alone women's hockey, but there could have been a sentence closing out the sportscast that just said "Congrats to both BU and BC for advancing to the women's Frozen Four. Wishful thinking I guess....

Comment

Gotta feel bad for the Badgers, they had such a nice season only to get the tough draw in the Frozen Four.
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              On a separate note, I was disappointed, though totally not surprised, that I saw nothing on the news about BU and BC advancing to the Frozen Four. I suppose I should be used to it given the red-headed step child treatment that men's hockey gets, let alone women's hockey, but there could have been a sentence closing out the sportscast that just said "Congrats to both BU and BC for advancing to the women's Frozen Four. Wishful thinking I guess....
              I too was surprised, especially after having seen camera crews in the building after the BU-Mercyhurst game. I watched several channels that night, and the next morning. NADA.

Unfortunately, it was deemed more noteworthy to have video and discuss BU men's and women's hoop advancing to the NCAA than it was to have coverage of two teams in the NCAAs and advancing to the Frozen Four. Pretty lame to not even mention BU and BC winning and advancing.
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Since goaltending is such a huge factor in tournament results, and everyone knows the capabilities of Molly Schaus, I think it should be mentioned that Alex Rigsby is also pretty capable and playing well in the post season. Rigsby has matured and improved noticeably from the start of her freshman season to present IMO. I know she was pretty highly regarded during the recruitment phase, and her play I've seen in the post season definitely appears to warrant that. We'll see if maybe she has a better game than her BC q'final opponent counterpart. I think it's a real possibility.

I think it's also a bit dangerous, and or a misnomer to use the WCHA tournament Minnesota v Wisconsin result and the Minnesota @ BC results as a sort of comparative analogy or measuring stick for a BC / UW match up. The reality that Minnesota didn't give BC the game they gave UW a week earlier has little to no bearing on what to expect in the BC / UW semi.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                  Gotta feel bad for the Badgers, they had such a nice season only to get the tough draw in the Frozen Four.
                  I'd bet anything the Badgers are completely content to play any opponent at all in the FF. I wouldn't waste time feeling bad for them.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                    ... I think it should be mentioned that Alex Rigsby is also pretty capable and playing well in the post season.
                    Rigsby is often compared to Jessie Vetter. Vetter gave up a 1st-period goal in her first NCAA tournament game before eventually winning 2-1. It was the only goal she allowed in that tournament. Rigsby allowed her only goal in the 1st on Saturday. Okay BC, don't let history repeat itself.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Wow, the gloves are off on this tilt, aren't they? The BC folks are full of confidence in their gals. The rodent team isn't as good as UW, and I would suspect UW dealing them a crushing blow in the last game prior to them playing BC had to of helped BC out.

Here's to an all red and white final.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

BC is coming in with all the late season momentum, but I have a feeling that it's about to hit a brick wall, a badger wall.
                        This is going to be an entertaining game.

Comment

Brooky and ARM, you guys know better then I since you get to see Rigsby play much more than I but as Dumbstruck made the point in the other thread, just as Vetter did, Schaus has seen Duggan, and Knight and the other Olympians, which might give her the upper hand over Rigsby....it will be a great game either way...and believe me as a UNH fan I hate seeing BC doing so well but I would enjoy seeing the east take the NC.....and as for the news not talking about women's hockey, I know it's the only thing I I'm jealous of the west for.....their attendance and backing of women's hockey.....why folks here in the east disregard it so is a total mystery!

Comment

Brooky and ARM, you guys know better then I since you get to see Rigsby play much more ...
                            Personally, I think Rigsby is beatable, but then I probably thought the same about Vetter at this stage of her career.
                            Schaus has seen Duggan, and Knight and the other Olympians, which might give her the upper hand ...
                            The counter argument to that is Mark Johnson has coached Schaus so he probably has a pretty good book on her.
                            I know it's the only thing I I'm jealous of the west for.....their attendance and backing of women's hockey.....why folks here in the east disregard it so is a total mystery!
                            Don't worry -- folks disregard it plenty here, too.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                              Well the trend continues. They played the second best team in the tournament Saturday. I guess being number 1 doesnt help anymore.
                              Looking forward to a great weekend of competitive hockey in Erie!
                              even if you're on the right path, you'll get run over if you just sit there

Comment

Working...
                              X